Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property tax

Options
  • 14-02-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I have heard two reports......

1 - Houses adapted for the disabled will not be liable for the tax.

2 - Any increase in the chargeable value of the property arising from expenditure on modifications to accommodate a disabled person may be disregarded.

I suspect the second is correct but I'm not sure. What is your understanding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will have to check the wording of the Finance Bill, I'm not sure if it has been published yet.

I suspect it would be along the lines of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

It's not as simple as "houses adapted for disabled" - the bill apparently refers to "totally and permanently incapacitated" and having an award granted by a court or the injuries board. I don't see many qualifying fo this !

More here http://www.moneyguideireland.com/local-property-tax-exemptions.html

Advertisement