Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blood test cost

Options
  • 14-02-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me how much blood tests approximately cost at a doctor's clinic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

About €30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭thebourke

that is excluding the initial consulting fee of the doctor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah because that is more than 30 on its own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

for that price it is done by a nurse employed at the doctors clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭thebourke

how does that work that a nurse will give you a blood test?will she be able to explain the results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

thebourke wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how much blood tests approximately cost at a doctor's clinic?

50 euro for Doctor then i had to go back another day for the blood test extra 25 yo yos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I dont know if there is a standard way of charging private patients for blood tests.
    I need a blood test every 6 months. my GP doesn't have a nurse and charges me the standard consultation fee of 55 to do it. He rings me with the results, as it's an ongong thing, no visit required.

I could get it done in the local hospital for free, but between kids and work and the waiting time in the hospital, I usually pay the GP.

BTW, The actual Blood tests are carried out for GPs free in Irish hospitals, but the GP, or the patient must bring the sample to the hospital. Some GPs charge a nominal fee to cover this.

Advertisement