Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod classic problem

• 14-02-2013 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hows it going, wondering if anyone has or had a similar problem, i have an ipod classic 160 gig, i think i got it 2 years a go maybe longer, but the past week its been acting up, some songs wont play, or play and stop, the Ipod sort freezes up for a bit and wont play music for a minute, and songs play with a different song title that's playing for a few seconds, has this happened anyone before or and know what the craic is with it, is it a goner? I will be heartbroken, only comfortably have the thing filled and have stuff i wont get back on it. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

You can get all the files from the ipod if you can connect it to a computer/laptop/ps3 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭shanec1928

you will get a better response here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Sounds like the hard drive is knackered. If you get a new drive you should be able to fit it pretty easily for less than €100 ish.

As for the songs on it, if you're lucky you might be able to rescue most if not all of them. Either download a program which allows you to copy music directly from your drive to iTunes/your PC or follow these instructions.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-move-music-from-your-ipod-to-your-pc-in-5-easy-steps/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Actually that might be a better, more modern guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Thanks for the replies lads, it looks like the hard drive is defiantly on its way out, i tried downloading some programs to transfer the music from it, and the other way of going directly into the ipod via the hidden folder, but the transfer to the computer keeps freezing after a while. Gutted is an understatement. Might chance ordering a hard drive on ebay and giving replacing it a go. Cheers again for all the responses, appreciate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement