Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponge it - surveys / focus groups for rewards?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

excuse my ignorance? domain like.ie .com kind of thing?

Yes. What email address do you have for this crowd? Xx@what.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

oh right yea, it was sent from

userneeds.ireland@userneeds.com

i searched them and got a load of danish links

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

oh right yea, it was sent from

userneeds.ireland@userneeds.com

i searched them and got a load of danish links

Email the Irish account managers; Sinead@userneeds.com James@userneeds.com, ask them why is their company spamming you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Email the Irish account managers; [email]Sinead at userneeds.com[/email] [email]James at userneeds.com[/email], ask them why is their company spamming you.

And if they have an Irish presence, report them to the Data Protection Commisioner. To my genuine surprise, they actually don't mess around, unlike every other government department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I emailed them there, essentially, requesting where they got my details from. From what I can see they have Irish Account Managers but by the looks of it (danish contact number) they are based in Denmark. I could be totally wrong mind you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

sorry for the thread necromancy but...

Has anyone from the origional "unsolisiated" group reciently started getting emails from "Handyhardware.ie"? I just want to figure out if they are connected...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

That's VERY interesting. I'm actually on handyhardware's mailing list anyway, as I purchased something from them over a year ago (and I was happy with product and service), so get very occasional promo e-mails from them. However, this morning, I've had TWO identical e-mails from them, both sent at the same time. Normally, I wouldn't pay much heed to this, but now you mention it ... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

iora_rua wrote: »
    That's VERY interesting. I'm actually on handyhardware's mailing list anyway, as I purchased something from them over a year ago (and I was happy with product and service), so get very occasional promo e-mails from them. However, this morning, I've had TWO identical e-mails from them, both sent at the same time. Normally, I wouldn't pay much heed to this, but now you mention it ... ?

Yeah, I never purchased anything from them (unless they are somehow connected to Experthardware - but I haven't given them my email). This is interesting.

Last Saturday was the first time I got an email from them, and I've emailed them twice now requesting where they got my address, but no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

Still going on, I got a request this morning to create a profile. I requested a 'Data Access Request' and got a reply in Danish:

Kære panelmedlem
    Vores panel konsulent holder sommerferie fra den 17. juli til den 11. august, og der vil derfor gå længere tid mellem besvarelserne i denne periode.
    Du kan imidlertid finde svar på de oftest stillede spørgsmål på vores hjemmeside ved at trykke her.
    Vi beklager ulejligheden og lover at besvare alle henvendelser efter den nævnte periode.

English:

Dear panel member
    Our panel consultant on summer holidays from 17 July to 11 August, and will therefore take longer between the answers in this period.
    However, you can find answers to frequently asked questions on our website by clicking here.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and promise to answer all inquiries after the said period.

Advertisement