Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmurray57

i completed the second phase of my application on 13th of march. does anybody know how long there taking to process?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnplayer20

Greg_03G wrote: »
    HI, just wondering if anyone can help me with some info about using visa companies for the IEC.
    So basically I've been using Visafirst to sort this out for me. Since the programme opened they have registered me for the IEC Kompass account and I then provided all the paperwork and police checks requested for stage 2. They told me they had all they needed from me for now and I should just wait. I don't have direct access to my kompass account as I figured it best to just let Visafirst handle all that for me. It's almost 8 weeks now since I've heard anything. I am starting to get a little bit concerned at this stage though. Should I be or is this normal?

I'm also in the same boat as you, sent all paperwork forms, guarda cert, cv, scanned photo, I left all to for them to do as it's what I payed them to do! Compass account was set up fast, everything going great until second stage, being waiting since march for any updates, they say there waiting for all paper work to go through, how about you any updates with you, I'm also with visa first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

some consolation I guess that there are others in the same boat in waiting on up to two months for this damned visa.

Might just take the spin over there, wait for the visa to come through over there then do a visa hop over to US and Back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

guys, any way around the "request for medical exam"?
    Its wrecking my head! Anyone know what question needs to be changed in order for this not to show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Got my Letter of Introduction, only valid for a year, is that the same for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

dmurray57 wrote: »
    i completed the second phase of my application on 13th of march. does anybody know how long there taking to process?

I send mine in on 21/3, so did my boyfriend. We both got ours today, so hopefully it wont be too long for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Panthro wrote: »
    Got my Letter of Introduction, only valid for a year, is that the same for everyone?

My POE is only valid for a year. Is the LOI and the POE the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cooper41

Greg_03G wrote: »
    HI, just wondering if anyone can help me with some info about using visa companies for the IEC.
    So basically I've been using Visafirst to sort this out for me. Since the programme opened they have registered me for the IEC Kompass account and I then provided all the paperwork and police checks requested for stage 2. They told me they had all they needed from me for now and I should just wait. I don't have direct access to my kompass account as I figured it best to just let Visafirst handle all that for me. It's almost 8 weeks now since I've heard anything. I am starting to get a little bit concerned at this stage though. Should I be or is this normal?

Im using Visafirst too...sick calling them this stage wondering what the hold up is. All my docs were submitted 4th March for the 2nd stage...seems like forever ago. Im thinking the delay with mine could be because I submitted a police clearance cert for NZ having lived there for a few years. Did you have to submit anything like that yourself? Weird how some applicants are getting their POEs 3 weeks later after applying. Hope we wont be waiting for too much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Greg_03G

cooper41 wrote: »
    Im using Visafirst too...sick calling them this stage wondering what the hold up is. All my docs were submitted 4th March for the 2nd stage...seems like forever ago. Im thinking the delay with mine could be because I submitted a police clearance cert for NZ having lived there for a few years. Did you have to submit anything like that yourself? Weird how some applicants are getting their POEs 3 weeks later after applying. Hope we wont be waiting for too much longer!

Yeah I submitted a police cert from Aus but I can't see how that would cause any extra delay. The last of my stage 2 stuff was sent in on the 20th Feb so its going on 9 weeks now. I did read before that the application process takes 8-10 weeks so I was expecting to be waiting this long. Anyway I'll let you know if there's any progress this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just got my POE introduction letter. Can't open it though. Anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Just got my POE intro letter earlier today! YAY! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cooper41

Received mine today! Greg and all who are still waiting, wishing you all the best of luck and hope there's good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KevinFQB1

Hi everybody, I know I'm a bit late too this party but I am just filling out my IMM1295E form now, I have a few questions and was wondering if somebody help me out?

1) The very first box says "UCI", what does that mean or do we need to put anything in there?
    2) No.9 under "Personal Details" where it says "Country where applying:", do they mean where we are living now?
    3) For contact information all I entered was my phone numbers and email address. I did this because I am applying online and it says not to enter your home address unless you want everything to be sent to you. Was this the right thing to do?
    4) For "Details of Intended Work in Canada" I put down "Working Holiday" in the first box and left everything else blank as I don't have anything lined up, was this the right thing to do?

Sorry if most of these questions seem simple and stupid but I rather know I did everything correctly than just uploading it and chancing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 littlemiss maevie

Its more expensive for a one way flight but thats what im doing aswell.
    When you get to canada they can ask for indursnce details, proof of funds and the poe from cic.
    Once you get the poe you should update your cic number on iec site, then after a few weeks they issue you with a letter of introduction. You dont actually need this but best to do it incase youve any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Its more expensive for a one way flight but thats what im doing aswell.
    When you get to canada they can ask for indursnce details, proof of funds and the poe from cic.
    Once you get the poe you should update your cic number on iec site, then after a few weeks they issue you with a letter of introduction. You dont actually need this but best to do it incase youve any issues
    yeah im looking at flights for the end of August the price of them! do you put your UCI number in when updating your CIC number? I think I already put a number in that, I can't remember

yeah I got a message in me IEC Kompass Account yesterday saying Welcome to Canada etc, Was that the letter of introduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,794 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thread merged into Stage 2 Megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Monkiki

I got the welcome to Canada letter yesterday, is that the letter of introduction? It doesn't have an expiry date on it or anything so I'm assuming ill get a different letter in a couple days??

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Monkiki wrote: »
    I got the welcome to Canada letter yesterday, is that the letter of introduction? It doesn't have an expiry date on it or anything so I'm assuming ill get a different letter in a couple days??

Also got the POE Intro Letter during the week, it has an expiry on it thou.

What am i to do now? do i have to update IEC or CIC or anything? or do i literally only have to produce the POE letter when i get off the plane in canada??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys. So my new passport arrived which I had been waiting for ages for, and I decided to continue my CIC application which I had started a couple of weeks ago. The thing is, I can't remember my User ID/GCkey :/ Can I make another one? Is there anyway of retrieving my old one? Where do I go from here? Thanks!

TheJims wrote: »
    Also got the POE Intro Letter during the week, it has an expiry on it thou.

What am i to do now? do i have to update IEC or CIC or anything? or do i literally only have to produce the POE letter when i get off the plane in canada??

The work permi (poe from cic) has an expiry date on it. You have to enter Canada before this runs out.

When you have this you technically have everything you need to go but just to be safe you should update your IEC account. Do this by updating your CIC number. From what I remember this is actually the application number. i typed in a few numbers and only one would fit (when I entered the wrong number a message told me it was either too long or short, so only one number will fit)

Then after a few weeks your application status will update to final acceptance approved. They will send you a letter stating this with no expiry date on it

• Advertisement

Ok I'm assuming my work permit hasn't come through yet because my profile on IEC site says final decision & immigration assessment approved. In my kompass account there is a welcome to Canada letter, that's all I've got so far, still confused as to whether that's all I need to enter the country or do I get my POE emailed to me beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

Hey guys, Iv just received a message from CIC saying my application has been approved but on the IEC website it says both Immigration assessment and final decision are still pending. Do I have to do anything more now like submit my letter to IEC or just wait? Does this take long?

Monkiki wrote: »
    Ok I'm assuming my work permit hasn't come through yet because my profile on IEC site says final decision & immigration assessment approved. In my kompass account there is a welcome to Canada letter, that's all I've got so far, still confused as to whether that's all I need to enter the country or do I get my POE emailed to me beforehand?

The poe comes from the cic. once you have this you update your iec account with the application number from the poe and then iec sends you final approval. you must already have it all done since the iec doesnt give final approval until the cic has approved your work permit. the work permit or poe will be in your cic account and will have an expiry date on it. this is what you need when entering canada

shi7zman wrote: »
    Hey guys, Iv just received a message from CIC saying my application has been approved but on the IEC website it says both Immigration assessment and final decision are still pending. Do I have to do anything more now like submit my letter to IEC or just wait? Does this take long?

Once you have the poe you can enter Canada but to be safe you should update your iec account with the application number on your poe and then after a few weeks "immigration assessment" will say approved and "final decision" will say accepted

How do I update? Everything seems to be locked in on my IEC acc.

Think I may have found it, Is the CIC file number the same as my CIC application number?

Click on "My Profile" and then "Update CIC number"

Do I use my application no. or document no. from my POE to fill into the CIC file no. when updating?

i think it was the application number i put it. if you enter the wrong number itll tell you its too short, so if it says nothing then you put in the right one

• Advertisement

Once you have the poe you can enter Canada but to be safe you should update your iec account with the application number on your poe and then after a few weeks "immigration assessment" will say approved and "final decision" will say accepted

Is the POE the same as the welcome to Canada letter? I have this and my profile on iec application says approved & accepted but the welcome letter doesn't have an expiration date. My condition letter of acceptance (which I received back in feb) does have an expiry though, so once I enter Canada before then it should be ok yeah? Need some clarity before I book my flights :D

Advertisement