Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out who bought property?

Options
  • 14-02-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

A house on the estate around the corner from me was sold at a very small price.... how can I find out who bought the house - it wasnt on the market and has been rented out for the past number of years If it was the Council that purchased the house does that mean the value of all the homes on the estate is the same (household property tax purposes)....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

I presume you have seen this transaction on the Residential Property Price Register? Was it very, very small price? If so, double check that it was for the full market value (on the official site, such transactions are marked by a double astrisk). You will see partial purchases from time to time on the register such as one joint owner of a property buying buying out another (which of course wouldn't appear on the market).

If its a genuine full market value sale of a house near to and similar to your own, then it would indeed be useful as evidence if Revenue eventually challenge your self-evaluation of your own place for property tax. Of course, if there are other sales in your area on the Register (either already or later this year) that are at higher values, it'd be a lot less convincing.

Who bought it would seem irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

xper wrote: »

Who bought it would seem irrelevant.

I'm only really interested to see if the local council bought it - we were told by the council that they weren't buying back any properties in the area.

Will check out the property register thingy - thanks for the info:D

Advertisement