Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to achieve this perspective?

Options
  • 15-02-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm trying to figure out how to get a regular rectangular shaped graphic to be transformed to this type of perspective below;

I've been messing around with skew and perspective but can't get it. Is it just a matter of persevering or is there a better approach someone could suggest?

Thanks!

gift-card-3.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Persevere but try this hack from off the top of my head.

Find some photo of rectangle at a similar angle perspective-wise. Something like the shapes in 3/4 of http://www.drawingpower.org/lessons/drawing-lesson-treasure1.gif. Pop it on a layer, remove bg and make perspective lines from the edges on a new layer. Overlay that on your graphic and skew accordingly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Photoshop?

Select the image layer.
    Go into free transform with CTRL/CMD+t or under the Edit menu.

Use CTRL/CMD to click and drag on each corner to requirements.
    Or just right click and select distort instead of perspective or skew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the replies. I'm using Photoshop yeah.

It's actually much trickier unfortunately, or so it seems so far. Getting the rectangle even close to the right perspective involves a lot of stretching. So if I have any kind of text or image on it before changing the perspective it'll look terrible afterwards.

I think this needs some kind of 3D software to put the image in to and get the right angle on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It can look like poor quality until you actually apply the transformation. It lowers the resolution for the sake of performance.

A 3D application (like the tools available in Photoshop Extended) will do no better since you are just stretching a 2D bitmap in much the same way. So you need a reasonably high resolution image in the first place.

If there are obvious perspective lines you could just use the vanishing point tool.

Text in Photoshop is vector so it'll stretch without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Edit > transform > distort and drag the corners, no?

What image are you applying the transformation to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement