Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My story

Options
  • 15-02-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hello all,
    i am new on this and just want to share my story because hopefully someone might be able to explain some of it.
    My first weird experience was when i was a child and i was in my bathroom one morning very early i felt like i was being kicked in the stomach repeatly 4 r 5 times. It was very sore and i bent over in pain each time i felt the kick. My bed used to shake a night as well which was freaky. A few times i woke up and night and when i sat up i fell back onto my bed but i was awake falling through the air not asleep.

Around six years ago i moved into a house with my young son. After a few months some weird things started to happen.

one night i put my son to bed and when i checked on him his wardrobe door was open and i had left it closed. He was only a baby at the time and could not get out of his cot. The door was wide open. This was the first thing.

My bedroom had an ensuite bathroom and when i was in it with the door closed i would hear footsteps banging on the stairs coming up the stairs. Every time i was in the ensuite i would feel panic it was very strange.

One evening myself and my friend were in my sitting room and the door was partly open and we heard a noise in the hallway. We were alone in the house apart from my son who was up stairs asleep. The noise sounded like the rustling sound from someones clothes when your walking and moving around. we got up and looked there was no one there when we tried to close the sitting room door we seen a hand on the other side push it back open. We could feel the force of a hand to like some one was pushing it.

Another night my son was asleep and we heard footsteps going from his window toward his bed. His room was over the sitting room so we heard it clearly. We went up stairs and my son was fast asleep.

One night when i was asleep i woke up and two men where standing beside my bed looking at me. i was wide awake looking at them they where more like the shape or outline of two people but they had mens voices. The shorter one said is she awake and the taller man said yes then they disappeared.

When i moved house things still happened. one night i couldnt sleep because i could hear footsteps outside my bedroom window. This went on for hours and there was no one there. I could see shapes in human form in my room at night and i can no longer sleep in the dark because of this. I could feel some thing sitting at the end of my bed. I could even see were the mattress dipped like it does when you sit on it. One night i had just got in to bed and a man was beside my bed looking at me. I could put my hands through him and i kept saying go away. he laughed a few times then was gone.

A year later i moved again. About 3 or 4 weeks in my new home my front door kept knocking and there was no one there. One sunday it kept happening for hours. My son was 6 at this time and he heard it to. it happened so much it got annoying more than scary.

One day i was in the kitchen and i heard a loud bang in the sitting room. When i went in my sons christening jar was lying on the floor and the lid was on the top of the christmas tree. The jar was on top of the tv and could not have fallen. I dropped it on the floor a few times to see what kind of noise it would make. The noise it mad when i heard it would have only been made by some one throwing it with force.

One day tv channels kept changing and the volume kept going from mute to loudest and up and down. My friend was in the house at the time so i was glad other people heard it to not just me.

other things have happened too but i no this is a long story so i would say any more. It has stopped now since i lit holy candle and said stop just leave. Nothing has happened since but i can feel some thing here all the time. Thank you for reading i no its long but just want to get some insight into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Some people reading that would probably be thinking 'yeah right!' and swiftly move on, or make some disparaging remark - but not me.

Last year, over a period of a month or two, I was a (independent) witness to very similar activity in someones home. They too found a belief in God stopped things from happening.

Im not trying to be cynical, smartarsey or anything like that when I suggest we stop and think about that for a minute.

In the case I referred to, I know that when the householder started to get nervous again (after a few months) wondering if the ghost would come back - obviously hoping it didnt - but things started up again. It didnt happen when they were happy and confident it wouldnt happen, but it did happen when they werent confident it wouldnt happen.

One thing Im not saying is that its a mental issue of any kind. Its as paranormal as anything if you ask me because rather than a ghost doing it, maybe - and I dont know so I cant say - but maybe its ourselves somehow manipulating sound or objects. Dont forget, I saw and heard the same things those householders did, so they werent imagining it.

All I'll say is I think you are in control of things and you just need to realise that. Whatever's going on wont hurt you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

i get that its alot of things that happen. dont get me wrong im not religous at all actually have no time for religon. These things happened all through my life so far and not just when i am nervous or scared things happen. Things have just happened like a constant through my life. its ok i dont expect anyone to believe me i get it. I am in no way crazy a few different people have been with me when these things have happened and some times i have been on my own. it doesnt scare me at all and nothing has happened in a few months i dont be sitting waiting for it either it just happens when it does

Definitely then the main piece of advice i can give you is to keep a diary. Its the best starting point - just keeping a pen and paper handy and jotting down what happens, when it happened - jsut as much as you can concivably manage to write. Then, if it was me, i'd go to, say, the door that opened (or whatever may have occurred) and try my best to replicate it. If it ends up you can make the door do it by itself then at least you know. If you cant, then at least you tried.

Either way, once you have some kind of record taken over a reasonable length of time (2 wks is as good a length as any, though a month would be better), bring it to a local paranormal group and ask their opinion.

I still say youve nothign to worry about. I lived in a house with many weird things going on (including voices and a lot of turning off of lights) and I actually miss it. Glad to be rid of it at the time, but looking back, there was never any kind of danger. bar walking into the hall door when the light would decide to turn off that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

Want my insight?

You is one crazy nigga

i must be psychic, cus that didnt take long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

Want my insight?

You is one crazy nigga

other people have been wid me when a lot of these tings have happened so if i ws psycotic r da den how would other people have seen it to.

dont really wnt your insight if thats all you have to say ha

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭castor 1

danii24 wrote: »
    i get that its alot of things that happen. dont get me wrong im not religous at all actually have no time for religon.

Then why did you light a holy candle ?

why ask? isnt that her own concern and no-one elses?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭castor 1

maccored wrote: »
    why ask? isnt that her own concern and no-one elses?

Because it seems a very odd thing to do if one is "not religious at all and has no time for religion" :confused:

i dont think it does to be honest. ive seen people who were quite anti religious, have a paranormal experience (they wouldnt have believed in ghosts either), realised that what they thought was **** (ie ghosts) might be real, and then thought the only person who could help them (again something they initially thought was ****e ) would be a priest or God, since ghosts and religion are very closely linked.

• Advertisement

correction - what people perceive as ghosts, they then link to religion. personally I dont see any connection between the two.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

castor 1 wrote: »
    Because it seems a very odd thing to do if one is "not religious at all and has no time for religion" :confused:
    As maccored says, if youre presented with a phenomenon which seems 'otherworldly' the first defensive reaction is to grasp for something to protect you from this thing you cannot understand. For most, this takes the form of whatever faith or belief system they are most familiar with. (god, angels, crystals, sage, whatever). It doesnt matter what the protective item is, its strength comes from the belief behind it: nothing can harm me as I am protected.

Tbh nothing can ever harm you, you just need to know that. Once you do, either the phenomenon dies down, or you learn not to get spooked by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

if i witnessed anything like you described id be youtubing the life out of it.

film everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Have you been physically harmed again since the stomach kicking incident as a child? That, to me, is the most worrisome part of the story. Anything else is scary to most people but if something made contact with you in a malevolent way it is worth investigating. Sorry to hear about your experiences, sounds quite stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭KCC

I'm fairly open minded, but I would say there might be some logical explanations for some of the incidents.

What you thought were kicks to the stomach might just have been very bad cramps. I know when I was in labour it felt like a huge man was jumping on my back! When I got electric shocks, it felt like someone was repeatedly throwing a tennis ball at my back. It's just how your mind interprets it.

Do you live in a terraced or semi-detached house? It might explain the sound of footsteps.

The ghosts you have seen might just be dreams when you are in that state of being half awake and half asleep?

In order to relax a bit more, maybe you should try to come up with logical explanations for each of the incidents?

Advertisement