Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well I've said it before, there are only 5 "solid" planets in our Solar System.
    So all that's left is Mercury (Lava world) and Pluto (Ice World)
    Unless there is levels in the reef (Space World) or on abandoned space stations (Spaceship World)

Yeah or they could even go to a different part of Earth say. Not too bothered by it, but find it slightly annoying. There's already a lot of revisiting the same areas in the game already. Enjoying the hell out of it but wouldn't mind some new places to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The weapons can be bought at rank 2 but they're only rare not legendary and they're the same models as other guns already available just with a different paint job. The only legendary stuff is shaders, emblems and a cloak.

I'm not really too far gone on her, but I wonder if i don't do any bounties now, will she come back in like 2 months and have Exotic stuff or whatever and i'll end up regretting it....

I'm tempted to ignore her completely, keep her keen, avoid being blue-gear friend-zoned, maybe even randomly strut up to her and be like "Future War Cult have way better stuff than you, and she hasn't put on weight" *sneer and walk away*
    She'll be practically throwing the best of gear at me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Yeah or they could even go to a different part of Earth say. Not too bothered by it, but find it slightly annoying. There's already a lot of revisiting the same areas in the game already. Enjoying the hell out of it but wouldn't mind some new places to explore.

The game is only out two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Gave me a chuckle
    gvhAInth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Unless there is levels in the reef (Space World) or on abandoned space stations (Spaceship World)

But there are LOTs of Moons (140+)
    Earth has one and Mars has its two small moons. In the outer solar system, the gas giants Jupiter and Saturn and the ice giants Uranus and Neptune have numerous moons..... that's a lot of Grey

There are Grimoire cards for Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn. In the "places subsection" I havnt unlocked them but they are there. That says to me they will be involved somewhere along the line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmm did any one try the queen's wrath mission ?

Loaded it up then forgot I had no ammo synth so went back to the tower and it's changed , it's just a random story mission, I suppose I was silly to expect something new :mad:

Edit: Wait I think I see how this works, when you complete the bounties you get a queen's orders mission item, those must allow you to do the missions from the set destination screen no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There are Grimoire cards for Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn. In the "places subsection" I havnt unlocked them but they are there. That says to me they will be involved somewhere along the line.

There's a multiplayer map on Mercury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The sword mission on the moon is easily the best way to get the melee bounty, if anyone hasn't got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Rather disappointed when i saw the patch notes today, it was like PATCH NOTES !! and it was just removed some mobs from some missions wow great thanks ! feeling a bit fed up with destiny at the moment, i enjoy pve and was capped on my vanguard marks days ago and hit rank 3, so no need for more rep with vg and i couldnt get any marks for nearly the entire week. Which only left me with the crucible which i find so unbalanced it just annoys the crap out of me half the time. Then i tried a weekly only to do zero damaged to anything because of these weapon elements even tho i have 3 legendary secondary weapons two primary ones and some rare heavy weapons and none of them did a thing and they are all nearly maxed out in upgrade bar the last tree because i cant find any upgrade materials, im sitting on lvl 26 because im stuck with blue boots and havent been able to buy an upgrade because of a token limit, or i have to grind out crucible rep. I enjoy the crap out of strikes but get absolutely nothing for it and the loot rewards are pointless. BLEH !!!!

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Rather disappointed when i saw the patch notes today, it was like PATCH NOTES !! and it was just removed some mobs from some missions wow great thanks ! feeling a bit fed up with destiny at the moment, i enjoy pve and was capped on my vanguard marks days ago and hit rank 3, so no need for more rep with vg and i couldnt get any marks for nearly the entire week. Which only left me with the crucible which i find so unbalanced it just annoys the crap out of me half the time. Then i tried a weekly only to do zero damaged to anything because of these weapon elements even tho i have 3 legendary secondary weapons two primary ones and some rare heavy weapons and none of them did a thing and they are all nearly maxed out in upgrade bar the last tree because i cant find any upgrade materials, im sitting on lvl 26 because im stuck with blue boots and havent been able to buy an upgrade because of a token limit, or i have to grind out crucible rep. I enjoy the crap out of strikes but get absolutely nothing for it and the loot rewards are pointless. BLEH !!!!

Get a Bond/Cloak/Banner for a faction, put your Vanguard points towards that and buy legendary boots at rank 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Grrr, playing during my lunch time and got kicked "caterpiller" error... Very annoying was in the middle of an event.

Also, does anyone know how I can see how much rep I have with a given faction? If I want to know how much Vanguard rep I have, where can I see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

But there are LOTs of Moons (140+)
    Earth has one and Mars has its two small moons. In the outer solar system, the gas giants Jupiter and Saturn and the ice giants Uranus and Neptune have numerous moons..... that's a lot of Grey

There's some pretty cool moons in our SS if I remember correctly, not all are grey dust balls.

http://www.newscientist.com/special/weird-worlds-solar-system-strangest-moons

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

logik wrote: »
    Grrr, playing during my lunch time and got kicked "caterpiller" error... Very annoying was in the middle of an event.

Also, does anyone know how I can see how much rep I have with a given faction? If I want to know how much Vanguard rep I have, where can I see it?

Go to either the vanguard armourer next to the shipwright or go to whichever vanguard guy is yours down the steps standing around a table. It's a real pain that you can't check it in your menu.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

.ak wrote: »
    There's some pretty cool moons in our SS if I remember correctly, not all are grey dust balls.

http://www.newscientist.com/special/weird-worlds-solar-system-strangest-moons

If they can terraform Venus in this game then surely they terraformed Titan.

An underwater city on Enceladus would be pretty sweet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yup: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

Make sure you click "Set as PS4/Xbox Clan" once you're in.

Just sent my request now.
    Level 15 ( almost 16 ) Titan
    Also gonna visit the loot cave for the first time tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Get a Bond/Cloak/Banner for a faction, put your Vanguard points towards that and buy legendary boots at rank 2

i did, but that still requires pvping for tokens, which i already have but im not just going to grind rep for another faction mind numbing at this stage. I had 20 purple engrams this week all i got them was like 2 purples, the rest was trash and what i did get was for other classes >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any love for a destiny forum please post here http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057295045/1/#post92319557

Think it's going to get shot down😔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Gandalph wrote: »
    The game is only out two weeks!

Yeah but that's the future DLC a couple of months down the line I'm talking about not the current stuff which I'm enjoying. It looks like the DLC is adding Queen related missions to existing areas. I was hoping DLC would add new areas not just new missions to existing areas I'll have been through several times at that point. It's a bit disappointing. Not game-ruining or anything, but game still feels slightly small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Been kicked twice now in the past half hour and constantly getting 'contacting destiny servers' down the bottom right of the screen?

I wish 4Chan/Reddit/Anonymous would stick to bothering hot celebrity women and leave Destiny alone :(

(joke, hacking is bad)

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »

You can also use the App/Browser, go to the relevant shop in the browser to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Completed 3 kill missions from the Queens Wrath and got 3 x legendary helms, so I would assume there is a full unique looking set to be found..erm i mean rng'd.

Completed 3 kill missions from the Queens Wrath and got 3 x legendary helms, so I would assume there is a full unique looking set to be found..erm i mean rng'd.

Can you explain this a bit more, I'm DESPERATE for legendary Helm, Boots and Armor and I'm in work at the moment, I was juts about to shell out 130 Crucible Marks with Dead Orbit for a set of Boots and Armor

Are they missions or bounties and how did you unlock them and what level were they?

Edit: Never mind, i you-tubed it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Been kicked twice now in the past half hour and constantly getting 'contacting destiny servers' down the bottom right of the screen?

Knock on from the recent patch? I am getting kicked too...

Once you do a bounty you get access to a story mission which can award you legendary gear, I got a helm there. You'll need a fireteam maybe as there's a lot of modifiers on them.

Was really hoping it would be new content though, not just the same stuff rehashed with a few difficulty modifiers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Can someone please explain what Dead Orbit is and why its different from the regular bounties I do.

Also, what does RNG stand for?

Can someone please explain what Dead Orbit is and why its different from the regular bounties I do.

Also, what does RNG stand for?

Random Number Generator

Dead Orbit are one of 3 (or 5 if some sources are to believed) factions where you can buy a piece of class specific gear at level 20, and instead of having you Rank up for Crucible and Vanguard, you will instead Rank up for your chosen Faction

I'm Dead Orbit and when i turn in Vanguard or Crucible bounties i earn Dead Orbit rank, same as when I complete patrols, strikes etc, all it goes to Dead Orbit, it can be handy if you do a balance of PvE and PvP

Guys, don't forget to give your +1s here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057295045

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

But.. I like it here.

• Advertisement

Power of democracy and all that, plus i'd kill for some stickies....

If one more person complains about being one shotted in Crucible cause the big bad other player is level 25 i'll lose my ****

eHPNxgX.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement