Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's far too early to look for it's own forum to be honest. If it's still this active in 3-6 months then maybe then I'd consider it but I've seen similar forums die in the past.

Getting older has made me cold :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

These queens bounties have essentially gotten rid of the grind for legendaries, I don't know how I feel about that seen as I put in a lot of hours to get mine. Did one there, got sent to the very first mission, completed it and got a legendary in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    These queens bounties have essentially gotten rid of the grind for legendaries, I don't know how I feel about that seen as I put in a lot of hours to get mine. Did one there, got sent to the very first mission, completed it and got a legendary in 5 minutes.

Oh god i'm so glad about this, the RNG has not been kind to poor me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Stupid question possibly but what level is this queen missions. Also will all these missions and bounties stay it is there a time limit on them, say a week or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    Power of democracy and all that, plus i'd kill for some stickies....

Personally I think we should have a feedback thread with a poll on whether or not either one of you or Gandalph have to change your avatar. I get so confused....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gandalph wrote: »

Lucky,I've been getting the Black Garden, Shrine of Oryx and Scourge of Winter ,so I think I'm just going to keep restarting it until I get a short mission

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Stupid question possibly but what level is this queen missions. Also will all these missions and bounties stay it is there a time limit on them, say a week or something?

Level 24 with an epic modifier- Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

DeSelby83 wrote: »

They're random level 24 story missions with 3 modifiers.

Some are more tough than others, but you can just re-roll the mission you get until you find a nice quick 1.

It all finishes Oct 6th I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got put in a control match with probably the most oblivious team ever. Three people on one point while I was in turret overlooking, all three wander off before the point is even neutralised :pac:

.ak wrote: »
    Personally I think we should have a feedback thread with a poll on whether or not either one of you or Gandalph have to change your avatar. I get so confused....

Yeah I never see Avatars on this site, or signatures, I have no idea why, the layout does look different on my phone though and i can see avatars then.... It makes me wonder sometimes, here it looks like it did 10 years ago

See:

eAImAi9.jpg

In-boards-tion

• Advertisement

Got put in a control match with probably the most oblivious team ever. Three people on one point while I was in turret overlooking, all three wander off before the point is even neutralised :pac:

I see an awful lot of players neutralising points and leaving without capturing them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JapaneseLove

Now i might sound stupid saying this but here i go. Make sure you read the box b4 u buy it. It is an exclusively online game only. No single player offline or anything like that. So be careful b4 u buy it.

My friend bought it and didnt rtealise until a few days after that it is only online play. Had a good laugh at his expence.

Good game though.

Now i might sound stupid saying this but here i go. Make sure you read the box b4 u buy it. It is an exclusively online game only. No single player offline or anything like that. So be careful b4 u buy it.

My friend bought it and didnt rtealise until a few days after that it is only online play. Had a good laugh at his expence.

Good game though.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tony1980 wrote: »
    Has anyone ranked up to a vanguard rep of 3? Are you guaranteed a legendary gun?

I haven't had much luck with that bo**ox of a cryptarch :pac:

Yep got a legendary sniper at rank 3. Just getting the marks together for the Autorifle now. Have had no luck with drops myself, all for different classes and no primary weapons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When in a Party on PS4 is it possible to turn the game volume down? It is hard to hear chat over the sound of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody unlock the exotic hand cannon?

Ive to go kill Xyor. Question is does it matter what lvl I play on?

No point making things harder for myself if i can play it on an easier lvl.

When in a Party on PS4 is it possible to turn the game volume down? It is hard to hear chat over the sound of the game.

That's usually a headset specific thing afaik

A kills a kill, shouldn't matter the level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

They're random level 24 story missions with 3 modifiers.

Some are more tough than others, but you can just re-roll the mission you get until you find a nice quick 1.

It all finishes Oct 6th I believe.

Looks like I'll be giving them a miss so, still on a lowly 10 and not much time to level up. Im gueasing they will be adding more similar missons in time will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yep got a legendary sniper at rank 3. Just getting the marks together for the Autorifle now. Have had no luck with drops myself, all for different classes and no primary weapons!

I got a legendary auto rifle earlier for making vanguard rep 3, it's called Doctor Nope :pac: I will start upgrading it tonight, I have plenty of ascendant energy which is what you need for that I think. I also got a mote of light and more ascendant energy. I haven't tried the Queens bounties yet but I heard you are guaranteed legendaries when completing them. What rank do you need to be to do them, I assume over 20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's usually a headset specific thing afaik

If using a headset yeah, my PX4's have a slider for game audio and buttons for chat audio. You can also adjust what audio, just chat or all, gets sent to the headphones from the pad in device options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

On the party screen when you're in the party there'll be an icon on the bottom left that brings you into the audio output settings and you can change the balance between party and game audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I dunno, 20 headshot kills with the scout rifle and hand cannon are grinds for me.

I hate to say it but best thing would be get 6 of us in a 3v3 Skirmish and take turns

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate to say it but best thing would be get 6 of us in a 3v3 Skirmish and take turns

You might hate to say it, but I love how it sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Grayditch wrote: »
    You might hate to say it, but I love how it sounds :)

Duuuuuurty,

Im up for it tonight if any1 else is.

PSN btw

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tony1980 wrote: »
    I got a legendary auto rifle earlier for making vanguard rep 3, it's called Doctor Nope :pac: I will start upgrading it tonight, I have plenty of ascendant energy which is what you need for that I think. I also got a mote of light and more ascendant energy. I haven't tried the Queens bounties yet but I heard you are guaranteed legendaries when completing them. What rank do you need to be to do them, I assume over 20?

Not guaranteed but likely. Did one earlier with calex and a randomer, we both got legendary armour randomer didn't.

Look.... :eek:

HERE IT FINALLY IS.... :o

Let's make it a success.... :)

DON'T BE A JERK :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92322770#post92322770

No more buried advice, 1st ten helpful posts get a kiss from a beautiful Awoken Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

When you go to your destination screen pick the moon and you should see a new strike beside the old strike, it will be pulsing with an ecclamation mark. This is the one that needs to be done, it is level 26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just got an email from amazon. My Destiny Ltd Edition has just been dispatched should have it for Friday. Here to a lost weekend.
    £80 sterling is the most I've ever paid for a game. God I hope I like it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement