Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jones

I bought the limited edition from amazon too..the box itself is class i have to say. The game equally so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anybody unlock the exotic hand cannon?

Ive to go kill Xyor. Question is does it matter what lvl I play on?

No point making things harder for myself if i can play it on an easier lvl.

I'm in the middle of the third part of that bounty, currently just under 300 points for killing guardians with void damage. Might be able to get upto that final part myself some time later this evening with a few good crucible matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Queens bounty missions are a lot harder than daily heroic at 28 even though the bounty missions are level 24! Just after doing the same mission twice, one for bounty and again for daily heroic, the heroic is simple compared!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

10/20 headshots with the scoutrifle. Its not a bad gun, it's just really not my style after using the autorifle for so long. Hand cannon should be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Any tips for getting ascendant shards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Any tips for getting ascendant shards

Public events and breaking down legendary gear is how i'm doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I've done heaps of public events today. A "defend the warstat" just appeared at the cave as we were farming. Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »
    When you go to your destination screen pick the moon and you should see a new strike beside the old strike, it will be pulsing with an ecclamation mark. This is the one that needs to be done, it is level 26.

Worked a treat, took me a little while but got there. The 500 kills was a pain until I figured out what colour the void weapons where :o

The Thorn itself isn't great tbh, will have to lvl it up I guess but not impressed atm

Queens bounty missions are a lot harder than daily heroic

I just done them on the lowest level I could. I think I had the "Drakis" mission on level 2. Emptied one clip from my full auto gun and down he went. Ran passed 90% of the enemies on the level too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I just done them on the lowest level I could. I think I had the "Drakis" mission on level 2. Emptied one clip from my full auto gun and down he went. Ran passed 90% of the enemies on the level too.

You still get the reward at the end? How did you pick the difficulty, I don't think I seen the option to change.

• Advertisement

I'm in the middle of the third part of that bounty, currently just under 300 points for killing guardians with void damage. Might be able to get upto that final part myself some time later this evening with a few good crucible matches.

Once I hit the 300/350 mark I skyrocketed up to the big 5-0-0.

I played control for the vast majority of my matches and towards the end I started camping near a control point and just charged in with either my shotgun or my super. Cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

What bounties give items ? I did four and just got rep. The ones of the robot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Cormac... wrote: »
    Oh god i'm so glad about this, the RNG has not been kind to poor me :(

I've grinded Vanguard to Rank 3 and Crucible to Rank 2 and the required marks to buy all 4 pieces of legendary armour and now they are handing out legendaries of the same tier for missions which take 5 minutes to finish.

Can't say I'm pleased with this at all. Getting gear from drops through RNG is one thing but it's not good for the progression of the game to just hand out gear which others have worked for for extensive periods of time. I don't mean to sound dramatic but can't help but feel cheated of that progression and time spent tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I feel the same, i love the game play but whats the point of the rep grinds when they just turn around and do this.

You still get the reward at the end? How did you pick the difficulty, I don't think I seen the option to change.

Yep, I got the Queens Wraths thing, XP and some glimmer. TBH I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what I got.

I done the "Restoration" story on Earth, He's the 1st Boss you fight in the game I think. He crawls out of a big drain pipe. When you select it, it automatically goes to level 2. Well it did in my game anyway.

Takes about 10 mins to do. It was the same for the other bounty I done for the Queen. It doesn't specify any set difficulty or modifiers to be activated so why make it hard for ourselves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I've done the Queens bounty twice already and have got the same legendary armour twice. Il probably do it again before the night is out but Im not getting my hopes up for a couple of different Legendary items. Also you can only get the Legendarys if you have completed a bounty and have the Queens Wrath in your items. So you will only get 5 Legendary items unless the bounties refresh tomorrow.

I've done three of her bounties and not gotten anything immediately, but missions. Is that how it's supposes to work? Do you get the legendary items when you complete those?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've done three of her bounties and not gotten anything immediately, but missions. Is that how it's supposes to work? Do you get the legendary items when you complete those?

Yes once you complete the missions. When you go to "Set Destination" on the left above the daily PvP is where you activate the Queens Bounty Story Missions
    after completing at least one of her bounties.

Cool, nice one. Does anyone know if I can invite people to the fire team who haven't done the bounties/unlocked the missions, to help out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cool, nice one. Does anyone know if I can invite people to the fire team who haven't done the bounties/unlocked the missions, to help out?
    I completed my 1st bounty for her and i too have a mission, ill be on it maybe 30 mins if your still looking for somebody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got the message about the Queens Bounty limited time missions. But how do you access it? Can't find them on the map.

You can, but they need at least 1 Queens Mark from completing a bounty to get a legendary armour piece. Finally got a legendary helm from it, then got a second one replaying the mission:pac:. Now they are like flipping buses :D

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I completed my 1st bounty for her and i too have a mission, ill be on it maybe 30 mins if your still looking for somebody

I'll be on in about an hour. Add me if yer on PS4, anyway. PSN: Snorkledork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'll be the same. Handed in 3 Queens Bounties earlier... while Remi got himself an exotic bounty!

Wouldn't mind one of those. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Hmm is it just the same legendary helm that can be got or can you get other slots? If it's just the helm that's not so bad...

Just got dc'd for the patch to install. Might want to wrap up quick if in the middle of something

Got dc there aswwll,,,, but the update wont download, iv tried everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

desinty small update won't download? keep getting "wasp" its the small 1mb update

edit: I downloaded it from the hong kong store if that makes any difference

Mine just went to 33% after 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Do the downloads begin automatically? No sign of it for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement