Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

How do you find xur?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

.ak wrote: »
    How do you find xur?

He'll be there on friday , but he's been in different places the last 2 times so who knows where in the tower he'' be this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The Queen's Wrath missions are a nice way to get some Legendary gear alright but man, those ****ing shielded Psions are a ****. I now have two sets of legendary Helms and Chest armor :P Hopefully tomorrow they will have some more missions to try for something else.

Apologies to Tigron for that last mission in the Black Garden, I was fecking useless, damn bullet magnet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's so stupid that you can't hear anyone in the crucible unless they're in a fireteam with you. I swear half my team didn't understand the concept of control in the last match and I really needed to shout the object of the game down the mic at them.

Got an exotic chest piece today from a purple engram, for a Titan. I'm a Hunter. SMH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

The queen rewards are nice but less stats than you get with the faction rewards so that grinding wasnt a waste after all.

has anyone gotten a weapon as a reward for one of the Queen's missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

celoo.jpg

Just a quick tip. You can get Ascendant shards by dismantling Legendary armour. You can get between 2-3 shards that can then be used to upgrade your armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2 Helmets last night for 2 different Queen missions. Bit poxy that, but it does feel too easy a way to get ledendary items, considering the grind some people have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I know that once you reach level 20 the important stat is Light. I have a couple of pieces of armour with Light so that has raised my level to 21. But is it the most important stat to consider?

I have two chest armour pieces. One has +9 Light and some strength bonuses but the other has +2 Light and more strength and intelligence bonuses. So should am I better picking the one with more Light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Game is really starting to grow on me. Jumped 4 levels last night and had some great games in the Crucible. I was not kicked last night which is a big plus!

calex71 wrote: »
    That he does !!!!! I'm buying a boost for my exotic 1st off , seeing how slow those are to level I'll be buying that then heading to "the cave"

I thought those boosts were pointless until I saw how long it takes to level up an exotic. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I know that once you reach level 20 the important stat is Light. I have a couple of pieces of armour with Light so that has raised my level to 21. But is it the most important stat to consider?

I have two chest armour pieces. One has +9 Light and some strength bonuses but the other has +2 Light and more strength and intelligence bonuses. So should am I better picking the one with more Light?

More light - always more light

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Grayditch wrote: »
    2 Helmets last night for 2 different Queen missions. Bit poxy that, but it does feel too easy a way to get ledendary items, considering the grind some people have done.

I got two chest plates.

Strangely, after we saw our rewards for the second mission we were disconnected and returned to title screen for the update. Once the update installed, "Queens guard gauntlets" popped up at the side as if I'd unlocked them.. but nowhere to be seen in my inventory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have 2 pieces of the Queens armour, going to try for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got myself the a legendary helmet three times in the Queens missions.

Made absolutely no progress in my Vanguard or Crucible marks so still a bit off buying armour off them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

From playing a Queen bounty mission last night (and finding a nice exploit to get it done after many many deaths) I'm increasingly aware that shields are a massive annoyance... so - http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/24/destiny-guide-using-elemental-weapons-to-smash-shielded-enemies/

Most of it is obvious, but I didn't cope that super power/grenade elements previously.
    Arc: Striker (Titan), Bladedancer (Hunter)
    Void: Voidwalker (Warlock), Defender (Titan)
    Solar: Gunslinger (Hunter), Sunsinger (Warlock)

Ah... So, as a titan striker I do void damage on my super/grenades? Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Queens bounties today actually require effort, that's what I like to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah... So, as a titan striker I do void damage on my super/grenades? Interesting.

The depleted hand cannon challenge just got so much easier. :D

I junked a legendary sniper last night just for ascendant shards. It just doesn't feel right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Have Bungie made any indication of possible changes they are going to patch in? Already it seems like it needs a 'diablo 2.0' type of patch to overhall some features. I think that if this doesnt happen before november then it is going to lose a huge user base to the new call of duty.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think that if this doesnt happen before november then it is going to lose a huge user base to the new call of duty.

The most beautiful cull.

So is there any times when the following doesn't make sense:

Fallen>Arc
    Hive>Solar
    Vex>Void

And what kills Chabal shields?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fallen>Arc
    Hive>Solar
    Vex>Void

Paul O Connell

SebastienChabal215.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got to level 22 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Fallen>Arc
    Hive>Solar
    Vex>Void

TIME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Fallen>Arc (captains) Solar (some other captains)
    Hive>Solar (wizards)
    Vex>Void (minotaurs), Arc (high-level harpys), Solar (hobgoblins?)
    Chabal shields? - Solar (legionnaires and colossus)
    and Void (high level psions)

Made amendments above. Basically if it's a Blue shield it's Arc, Yellow shield is solar, Purple shield is Void.

Change your subclass and Secondary and Heavy weapons accordingly. By level 20 you shouldn't keep any non-primary weapon is if ain't got an elemental effect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Fallen>Arc
    Hive>Solar
    Vex>Void

Hive Knights will need arc damage (at very high levels)
    Fallen Skanks will need Solar Damage (once again at higher levels)
    Vex Harpies will need Arc Damage (high levels)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Have Bungie made any indication of possible changes they are going to patch in? Already it seems like it needs a 'diablo 2.0' type of patch to overhall some features. I think that if this doesnt happen before november then it is going to lose a huge user base to the new call of duty.

All I really want is for them to get rid of the pointing/dancing/sitting down useless crap, and let me map weapons to the bloody d-pad.

I'd say in Nov between COD and Master Chief collection it'll take quite a hit to the user base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anybody else seeing massive swings in matches in the Crucible?

Very often my team would be 3000 or 4000 down only for use to swing it back and win it.

Usually in FPS's when I see my team down by a large margin I start concentrating on keeping my own KDR above 1.0 but in Control the games can swing hugely.

Possible a few of the winning team got booted? I got booted from 4 games of Control last night... not that I was winning or anything...
    So far as the Queen bounties go, I'm useless in the Crucible and 20 kills from scout rifle headshot actually seems like an impossibility for me. Any tips? I'm a Hunter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement