Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

maximoose wrote: »
    All I really want is for them to get rid of the pointing/dancing/sitting down useless crap, and let me map weapons to the bloody d-pad.

I'd say in Nov between COD and Master Chief collection it'll take quite a hit to the user base.

Then in feb the witcher and bloodborne. Way to many good games coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    Made amendments above. Basically if it's a Blue shield it's Arc, Yellow shield is solar, Purple shield is Void.

Change your subclass and Secondary and Heavy weapons accordingly. By level 20 you shouldn't keep any non-primary weapon is if ain't got an elemental effect

Ugh I didn't realise the enemies had different shields. That's really annoying, I wish they had a quick weapon select.

So basically you should keep one of each element in your 2nd and 3rd weapon slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd say in Nov between COD and Master Chief collection it'll take quite a hit to the user base.

More than that. GTAV re-release, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Crew, Lego Batman, Lord of the Rings...

Destiny will be a Ghost town in November. What they need to do is release a huge DLC in January to get people back playing it after the Christmas rush is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh I didn't realise the enemies had different shields. That's really annoying, I wish they had a quick weapon select.

So basically you should keep one of each element in your 2nd and 3rd weapon slots.

Precisely, so you should always have 3 secondary and 3 heavy weapons

You'll probably find the game a lot more enjoyable now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Penn wrote: »
    More than that. GTAV re-release, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, The Crew, Lego Batman, Lord of the Rings...

Destiny will be a Ghost town in November. What they need to do is release a huge DLC in January to get people back playing it after the Christmas rush is over.

Im sure activision dont want cod and destiny going up against each other sales wise so im sure they will have all their dlc spaces apart to maximise profits.

• Advertisement

Precisely, so you should always have 3 secondary and 3 heavy weapons

You'll probably find the game a lot more enjoyable now :pac:

Yeah, little confusing tho in terms of what weapons to keep if you're grinding. ;) I was just keeping the highest attack rate on each.

I also like to keep one of each secondary.. Really like shotguns and fusion as I'm a striker, but the sniper rifle is very handy too if you want to clear out some wizards/ultras before entering a room.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Look at the girmoire cards on the bungie site. Some of the weapons looking at the fallen ones right now would be cool if we unlock them and use them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just me or have they lowered the frequency of public events to coincide with there being a bounty for doing three of them? :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it just me or have they lowered the frequency of public events to coincide with there being a bounty for doing three of them? :-/

I've only seen 2 so far, only got 1 of my characters done as I didn't get to the second one in time, 9 seconds left on it when I entered the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nah they are all at set times, did my 3 in half hour on earth.

Just did the weekly nightfall in search of epic rewards and ended up getting a blue rocket launcher. Devastating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Nah they are all at set times, did my 3 in half hour on earth.

Just did the weekly nightfall in search of epic rewards and ended up getting a blue rocket launcher. Devastating

And the public event vanguard bounty is on today, probably a good idea to do both at the same time. Btw the Devil walker on the strike doesn't count for queens bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Quick question in relation to missions. If I abandon a number of missions are they gone for good or can I take those abandoned missions back at a later date?

So if i have 5 Crucible missions but I am actually going on a PvE hunt, will I be able to take the crucible missions back on, when I am done with the PvE?

logik wrote: »
    Quick question in relation to missions. If I abandon a number of missions are they gone for good or can I take those abandoned missions back at a later date?

So if i have 5 Crucible missions but I am actually going on a PvE hunt, will I be able to take the crucible missions back on, when I am done with the PvE?

If by missions you mean bounties, then yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

And the public event vanguard bounty is on today, probably a good idea to do both at the same time. Btw the Devil walker on the strike doesn't count for queens bounty.

Fix. You need to be the one doing the killing blow. I was just part of a group that took down the walker, but didn't get my third walker mark for it.

If by missions you mean bounties, then yes

Yes, bounties. Great ty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For the Kill 3 Fallen Walkers Queens Bounty, its quicker to just go on Patrol and go to the area where it is in the Strike. Or you could do public event in Old Russia or the Moon. Here is a website that shows what times each event could happen
    http://www.destinypublicevents.com/

For the Kill 3 Fallen Walkers Queens Bounty, its quicker to just go on Patrol and go to the area where it is in the Strike. Or you could do public event in Old Russia or the Moon. Here is a website that shows what times each event could happen
    http://www.destinypublicevents.com/

Great site!

Had that random event thing happen during the cave grind last night. It's absolutely gas. Just an absolute war. You really don't want to be caught there by yourself tho as some of the ultras are hard.

Had that random event thing happen during the cave grind last night. It's absolutely gas. Just an absolute war. You really don't want to be caught there by yourself tho as some of the ultras are hard.

Yeah, one time 6 of us in the clan were at the cave in 2 fire teams and we gave them what for, it was a constant cycle of Superpowers :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Finally holding my own in Crucible (as in not getting pwned). Level 13 now and have unlocked/bought a couple of guns that make a huge difference. Got two 5 killstreaks last night where previously I could only dream.

Heavy weapons are only just unlocked and now I know how I was getting destroyed in many instances. Nice to be the giver and not the taker for a change. Heavy ammo is worth the risk to get.

Bungie is only paying lip service to this idea of balancing PvP.

• Advertisement

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Dades wrote: »
    Finally holding my own in Crucible (as in not getting pwned). Level 13 now and have unlocked/bought a couple of guns that make a huge difference. Got two 5 killstreaks last night where previously I could only dream.

Heavy weapons are only just unlocked and now I know how I was getting destroyed in many instances. Nice to be the giver and not the taker for a change. Heavy ammo is worth the risk to get.

Bungie is only paying lip service to this idea of balancing PvP.

PvP is balanced though... You could be a level 1 vs level 25 and it would make no difference. You are not at a disadvantage. I would think you are just getting used to the game and are getting better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Pretty sure the point was he now has access to the heavy weapons/ammo which do give you a fair advantage in most circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was on earlier and rocked up to the cave. I was floating up and thought to myself it's a little louder here than normal. Walk around the rock to see absolute mayhem. Wizards, knights, servitors. It was mental. And two guardians jumping around in the middle of them all :D

I'll be on later this evening if anybody on xbox wants to do the Queens bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was on earlier and rocked up to the cave. I was floating up and thought to myself it's a little louder here than normal. Walk around the rock to see absolute mayhem. Wizards, knights, servitors. It was mental. And two guardians jumping around in the middle of them all :D

I'll be on later this evening if anybody on xbox wants to do the Queens bounty.

I got caught up in one of those wars in a farming spot on Venus yesterday. It's not just at the cave.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

logik wrote: »
    PvP is balanced though... You could be a level 1 vs level 25 and it would make no difference. You are not at a disadvantage. I would think you are just getting used to the game and are getting better at it.

The base damage and defence are balanced, a level one would get destroyed by higher level players due to the vast amount of perks, abilities and buffs available from leveling up classes and also the fact that higher level weapons have perks which can be pretty game changing. It is harder for lower levels in PvP particularly if, as I think the case is with Dades, you're not playing much campaign or strikes to level up your character. and also as Dades said you don't start out with heavy weapons at low levels either.

Yeah, one time 6 of us in the clan were at the cave in 2 fire teams and we gave them what for, it was a constant cycle of Superpowers :D

The funniest part was I read the message and I thought it was a different message than what was said here, so I ignored it, kept riddling the cave, and then noticed I couldn't stop them all, a million thralls keep pouring out and then wizards start flying out, and then I'm like 'Eh....'

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got caught up in one of those wars in a farming spot on Venus yesterday. It's not just at the cave.

Do you reckon they were added to stop people farming, or just for effect?

The base damage and defence are balanced, a level one would get destroyed by higher level players due to the vast amount of perks, abilities and buffs available from leveling up classes and also the fact that higher level weapons have perks which can be pretty game changing. It is harder for lower levels in PvP particularly if, as I think the case is with Dades, you're not playing much campaign or strikes to level up your character. and also as Dades said you don't start out with heavy weapons at low levels either.

Oddly enough I found I was better at level 5-10 than I am now. Maybe just doing too many strikes/pve and losing it a bit, but I was topping the server every game at level 8. I think the key is having weapons you're very fimiliar or happy with. Some of the shooting mechanics are different for the weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I handled Crucible at the start by picking an Auto Rifle with a high rate of fire good stability and a big clip. And aim for the head every time.
    Basically put as many rounds into the opponents face as you can as quickly as you can. Oh and use the radar. Very useful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement