Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Big Knox wrote: »
    So a console shooter that has some actual thoughtful content that requires proper co-ordination to beat! Vault of Glass is fun. Last boss going down tonight!

well done! how long has it taken ye to get through it? I'm halfway through lvl 21, it seems like its going to take forever until Im high enough for the top tier stuff :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Control isn't like Domination in other games at all, if your team controls one zone and just concentrates on farming kills you'll probably still win regardless of the other team having two zones.

I noticed this last night where I was on a team that only controlled one zone for 90% of the match and we somehow still won, looking at reddit today for clarification it appears the zones only act as kill multipliers rather than periodically giving your team points while you control them as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mickeroo wrote: »
    the zones only act as kill multipliers rather than periodically giving your team points while you control them as you would expect.

That would explain how the game can swing like mad, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Apparently Control isn't like Domination in other games at all, if your team controls one zone and just concentrates on farming kills you'll probably still win regardless of the other team having two zones.

I noticed this last night where I was on a team that only controlled one zone for 90% of the match and we somehow still won, looking at reddit today for clarification it appears the zones only act as kill multipliers rather than periodically giving your team points while you control them as you would expect.

its closer to battlefield, in that the more points you hold, the more your kills are worth, so apparently its possible to hold one point and dominate the other team from a k/d perspective.

in other words, its not worth dying over and over just to capture a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, when I'm on a FT I just tell all the lads to pick the easiest point to defend and camp there. Eventually the opposition get frustrated and try to break through and you just rack the kills up if your positioned well.

You lose the game when you split up and you start racing from point to point and getting murdered along the way.

• Advertisement

Me: Here's three purples, my good man.
    Cryptarch: Yeah, here's what I found, some blue armour and stuff.
    Me: Are you sure?
    Cryptarch: Yeah, sorry.
    Me: BULL****, you're stashing all these legendary items for yourself.
    Cryptarch: Somebody has to refill the cave.
    Me: Fair point.

Time to stop farming for a bit, it's making me shakey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

When are they bringing salvage back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

well done! how long has it taken ye to get through it? I'm halfway through lvl 21, it seems like its going to take forever until Im high enough for the top tier stuff :(

6 hours and counting. We were trying to get through the Labrynth for a good while, only to eventually realise we were always going past the exit:pac:. We missed one of the epic chests though :(.

Easily Destiny at its very best. If you get the chance to do the raid its fantastic. The fights are more intense than when the enemy amasses against you at the loot cave.

Loving the Titan Knight armour set. It looks the bee's knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I want my Titan to have a cloak :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just sent request for the clan there. Got this yesterday and just about to hit lvl 9 on a Titan. Played the beta and wasn't blown away by it, but I will admit my opinion has changed. Really enjoying it so far. Did the Earth strike mission last night. One odd thing I noticed, one lad took a while to spawn in, so myself and the other lad where able to bypass a lot of the map as the enemies didn't seem to respond to us until all three players where in.

tok9 wrote: »
    I want my Titan to have a cloak :(

Cloaks are for lame hunters. You don't want to be a lame hunter, do you?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Really annoying the exotic bounties take up one of your 5 bounty slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've been junking the queen's armour for shards.
    Those shards become vital to upgrading legendary and exotic armour so I don't mind when the queen gives me 3 pairs of legendary Nike armour boots.

Okay, maybe I mind a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

.ak wrote: »
    Loving the Titan Knight armour set. It looks the bee's knees.

Send pic?

Not near my console. I'll take a pic later.

For now here's the crappy browser version:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018432557831/2305843009216468259

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cloaks are for lame hunters. You don't want to be a lame hunter, do you?

If only you were in the raid last night after I picked up my legendary cloak you would see how slick some of us hunters make cloaks look!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some of the cloaks do look brilliant.

Stupid warlock bonds... Pointless...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Destiny just arrived from Amazon a day early. Sooooo happy I have it for the weekend!!

Now I must go out and purchase a few nice beers to keep me company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gandalph wrote: »
    If only you were in the raid last night after I picked up my legendary cloak you would see how slick some of us hunters make cloaks look!

I'm not gonna lie, I may have wiped my tears in your cape after not getting that Suros Regime!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Big Knox wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, I may have wiped my tears in your cape after not getting that Suros Regime!!

:cool:

Couldn't believe it when it dropped, a pity we missed out on the 2nd chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really annoying the exotic bounties take up one of your 5 bounty slots.

I've got two and at the rate I'm going they're going to be there for quite some time :(

Not near my console. I'll take a pic later.

For now here's the crappy browser version:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018432557831/2305843009216468259

That's pretty sweet looking in fairness. I just have a mixed bag of random drops..

Another steal from Bungie - Requirements for levels 27-30

Here is a guide to the requirements for the last few light levels in terms of armor and crafting materials, since it can get really confusing.

Level 27 requires 87 light:
    Translation: A full set of legendary missing just the shards-dependent upgrades (4 * 22 = 88).

Level 28 requires 98 light.
    Translation: A full set of legendary, missing the last upgrade on each, and another upgrade on one (3 * 25 + 23 = 98). This will require 42 ascendant shards.

DO NOT UPGRADE ALL YOUR LEGENDARY ARMOR ALL THE WAY (see level 29)

Level 29 requires 109 light.
    Translation: Two fully-leveled legendary pieces (27 + 27), one fully leveled exotic (30) and one legendary with all but one upgrade (25). Note that four fully-leveled legendary pieces will not do the trick (27 * 4 = 108). This will require 64 shards.

Level 30 requires 120 light, which is the maximum currently possible.
    Translation: One exotic and three raid set pieces (dropped only in Vault of Glass), fully leveled. This will require 79 shards.

Gandalph wrote: »

Doesn't change the fact you're lame hunter.

:pac:

That's pretty sweet looking in fairness. I just have a mixed bag of random drops..

Yeah that's the way it goes usually, but sometimes you're lucky enough to get a suite of the same armor type. I think the Knight gear is the first light+ gear you get as a titan anyway. But it's really sweet looking in game.

The shader system is great as well, so when you pick up a load of random gear with mismatching colors you can just shade it all to the same theme. And ofcourse the really cool shaders are hard to get/require a shed load of time and work to get from the factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its a great time for PvP matches, everyone I kill is trying to headshot me with a hand cannon while I am shooting them with an auto rifle lol

Prick :pac:

I wasted an evening running around with a hand cannon and then a sniping rifle looking for headshots.

Bloody 15 headshot bounty from the queen again today.

DO NOT UPGRADE ALL YOUR LEGENDARY ARMOR ALL THE WAY (see level 29)

You can hit level 29 without completely upgrading your gear but you get extra damage absorb if you do so I don't see why not.

Prick :pac:

I wasted an evening running around with a hand cannon and then a sniping rifle looking for headshots.

Bloody 15 headshot bounty from the queen again today.

It's pretty easy as everyone else is doing the same, some guys are just storming rooms with sniper rifles which is a laugh when you just hear a load of shots and no one going down.

• Advertisement

Getting to Crucible lvl 2 is a long road. For me, anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement