Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Grayditch wrote: »
    Getting to Crucible lvl 2 is a long road. For me, anyway.

What do you get for reaching different Crucible levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

One thing that is annoying me is that I can only take 5 bounties on at one time...

I am just about to hit level 20 and I have so many bounties left, would just love to take a load of them onboard and go grinding them out.

I think they should at least be doubled to 10 slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What do you get for reaching differ me Crucible levels?

You have access to buy better gear from the crucible vendors

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

logik wrote: »
    One thing that is annoying me is that I can only take 5 bounties on at one time...

I am just about to hit level 20 and I have so many bounties left, would just love to take a load of them onboard and go grinding them out.

I think they should at least be doubled to 10 slots.

Yeah. There's lot of limitation done in game in order for you to use that feature. So basically there's only 5 slots so you have to go back to the tower and interact. The cryptechy thing is another thing that annoys me. Why do I need to bring it to him? Why can't I just pick up a random weapon/armour? Why do I need to load up the tower and run to an NPC to do that? It's just added filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm almost on level 2. All bounties for the day have been done bar one or two silly ones.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah. There's lot of limitation done in game in order for you to use that feature. So basically there's only 5 slots so you have to go back to the tower and interact. The cryptechy thing is another thing that annoys me. Why do I need to bring it to him? Why can't I just pick up a random weapon/armour? Why do I need to load up the tower and run to an NPC to do that? It's just added filler.

They could just remove the tower altogether and the game would be no worse off, just stick a merchant somewhere in the cosmodrome and we'd be grand. Even the factions are pointless, imagine if the guilds in the elder scrolls games required you to go clear the exact same dungeons for each one just with different rewards? That's essentially what they've done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah. Although I don't agree with axing the Tower, I think all MMOs need that 'social' base of operations. I just wish there was more to it, a bit more content. As they go though it looks pretty cool, and I do like all the little hidden spots like the spaceship in the docks you can walk into etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I wouldn't axe the Tower. I spent 20 minutes trying to climb a tree there over the weekend and then a big purple ball bounced past with a gang of people chasing it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I spent 20 minutes trying to climb a tree there over the weekend

Ok... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Grayditch wrote: »
    All bounties for the day have been done bar one or two silly ones.

The bounties where you have to use the gear you buy off the queen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just got myself an exotic weapons bounty. Does this guarantee me an exotic weapon on completion? Or just an engram that may/may not contain an exotic weapon? Wont have time to do it until about 01:30 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »
    It's pretty easy as everyone else is doing the same, some guys are just storming rooms with sniper rifles which is a laugh when you just hear a load of shots and no one going down.

Learnt off a few routes on different maps that allow me a fairly good chance to nail players with headshots.

Took me just over an hour 10 mins to get the 15 sniper headshots today.

The 3hrs practise yesterday helped quite a bit :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just got myself an exotic weapons bounty. Does this guarantee me an exotic weapon on completion? Or just an engram that may/may not contain an exotic weapon? Wont have time to do it until about 01:30 tonight.

Guaranteed weapon I think. They're very long though, better to save coins and just buy a weapon at the weekend.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Guaranteed weapon I think. They're very long though, better to save coins and just buy a weapon at the weekend.

Eh? The bounty says all I have to do is complete the summoning pits strike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Have requested to join the clan. Nobody i know except for two mates have an xb1, difficult to get anyone to run strikes etc with.

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah. Although I don't agree with axing the Tower, I think all MMOs need that 'social' base of operations. I just wish there was more to it, a bit more content. As they go though it looks pretty cool, and I do like all the little hidden spots like the spaceship in the docks you can walk into etc.

What would be nice, is if you could look for other players to do raids/strikes/etc in the tower, like in WOW, send out a message or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Eh? The bounty says all I have to do is complete the summoning pits strike?

They come in three parts.
    I did the first part of the hand cannon one.
    The second part is to kill 500 guardians in the Crucible with void damage where a kill is +2 and a death is -1 (I think)
    The third part is to get the killing shot on some special demon in the moon strike

I also have one for a pulse (possibly auto) rifle which the first part is do 30 strikes.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    They come in three parts.
    I did the first part of the hand cannon one.
    The second part is to kill 500 guardians in the Crucible with void damage where a kill is +2 and a death is -1 (I think)
    The third part is to get the killing shot on some special demon in the moon strike

I also have one for a pulse (possibly auto) rifle which the first part is do 30 strikes.

Oh, think I get it now. Still, its good to have something to work on. I already got me an exotic hand cannon, so heres hoping for a scout rifle this time. :D

Oh, think I get it now. Still, its good to have something to work on. I already got me an exotic hand cannon, so heres hoping for a scout rifle this time. :D

Google the name of your bounty, each one has a fixed weapon so you'll know if you want to put the time into it.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Have requested to join the clan. Nobody i know except for two mates have an xb1, difficult to get anyone to run strikes etc with.

What level are you mate?

• Advertisement

What level are you mate?

About 1 light upgrade short of 25

About 1 light upgrade short of 25

Well I am only 20, but I am in the same boat. Would be happy to team up once I get a little higher. Always better playing MMO/RPG with clan members.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Came across the biggest gits in control earlier. On Bastion, 4 camping on point B, which isn't the problem. They also had 2 snipers on the spawn point by point c so we could only spawn in one place and come at them from limited directions..

Came across the biggest gits in control earlier. On Bastion, 4 camping on point B, which isn't the problem. They also had 2 snipers on the spawn point by point c so we could only spawn in one place and come at them from limited directions..

Clever, but very annoying for the lambs running at them.

Well I am only 20, but I am in the same boat. Would be happy to team up once I get a little higher. Always better playing MMO/RPG with clan members.

Feel free to add me there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I love campers, a well stealthed hunter deals with them no problem ;)

Will do, cheers.

Would be good to get a bunch of the boards clan together for PvP and PvE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    I love campers, a well stealthed hunter deals with them no problem ;)

Yup more difficult though when the heavy ammo also spawns at points B and C though sand having 3 or 4 rpgs between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads post your GT on the boards Destiny page.
    You can add me there I'm a level 22 Titan.

GT TitianGerm

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Google the name of your bounty, each one has a fixed weapon so you'll know if you want to put the time into it.

I think I'd rather have the surprise. I like the mystery :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement