Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

logik wrote: »
    For those that are level 21 or above, I have just hit level 20. What is the best way to start collecting kit with light? I dont want to PvP at the moment so should I be doing level 18 - 22 strikes or what?

I got to 20 yesterday managed to get up to 21 by levelling up my rare equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Game looks awful to me. Farming trash for drops is more effective that killing bosses. What kind of fail design is that.

Higher difficulty bosses don't even have any extra abilities.

Have they learned nothing from mmos or rpgs?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Destinations
    The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
    Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
    Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
    Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
    Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
    Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Depressed!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You xbox mate?

Yup sure am. Almost 23 now. If anybody is on tomorrow morning and would like to give me a hand on the Queens mission and that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

RIP the murder hole!

For the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They're not as easy but there are others, I've been using another for the last few days as I've gotten all those fallen bounties to do for the Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yup sure am. Almost 23 now. If anybody is on tomorrow morning and would like to give me a hand on the Queens mission and that'd be great.

Add me there, tag in sig, i will run them with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think the latest nerfs are quite encouraging for destiny, they are actively balancing the game already and hopefully this sort of support and balancing continues. They have also said that communications are on the list to be patched so they are obviously listening to people

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Add me there, tag in sig, i will run them with you.

I think you added me earlier. My GT is TitianGerm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I got my hands on Destiny for PS4 today.

Just played the first few levels of the story. I'm just hitting level 4.

Loving it so far. It looks amazing and gameplay is super tight.

Story mode reminds me of horde in gears of war which is no bad thing in my eyes as I LOVED gears on 360.

I can see how having friends is going to be necessary to progress later on. I died a couple of times at the boss on 2nd or 3rd level I think it was. Retreat retreat! Lol

All in all I can see myself loosing a LOT of time to this game.

It may not be Halo but it most definitely has a bungie feel.

Reviewers can **** off with their average scores!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So I got my hands on Destiny for PS4 today.

Just played the first few levels of the story. I'm just hitting level 4.

Loving it so far. It looks amazing and gameplay is super tight.

Story mode reminds me of horde in gears of war which is no bad thing in my eyes as I LOVED gears on 360.

I can see how having friends is going to be necessary to progress later on. I died a couple of times at the boss on 2nd or 3rd level I think it was. Retreat retreat! Lol

All in all I can see myself loosing a LOT of time to this game.

It may not be Halo but it most definitely has a bungie feel.

Reviewers can **** off with their average scores!

If only it were that good, I only said to someone last night that this was crying out for a wave/horde mode, I give you 5-10 hours before you see whats what with it and how repetitive it is.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I think the latest nerfs are quite encouraging for destiny, they are actively balancing the game already and hopefully this sort of support and balancing continues. They have also said that communications are on the list to be patched so they are obviously listening to people

It's a shocking indictment of a game when players prefer to blast a cave for hours rather than play the game as intended I know it was not as intended but it sure as hell was more fun than playing the same strike with the same spawns and AI over and over. Not as if it was a borderlands bee shield / conference call type glitch, at this stage 80 hours in i'm pretty much done, i should have called time on it 40 odd hours ago. I encourage nerfs that break the game or unbalance it but in a game so shallow and devoid of content and variety where they have an event that rehashes the levels and bounties (queens event) then go and even nerf what made it even remotely worth while they can go jump. it's just petty that they removed the ascendant mats from the queens gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like the Crucible, which is why I bought Destiny. The nearest thing to Halo online on PS4, and I'm happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone else keep getting disconnected tonight on PS4? First time I've been kicked from a session constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

You can still do the Ishtar commons area for farming, that's probably the one I use most for bounties and the like.

Apologies to Nerobear and Conovar, almost had Nexus lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think you added me earlier. My GT is TitianGerm.

i did indeed. give me a shout tomorrow when you want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Anyone else keep getting disconnected tonight on PS4? First time I've been kicked from a session constantly.

Seems to be problems on Bungie's end

We are actively investigating issues impacting players' ability to sign in to Destiny on all platforms. Until resolved, players may experience disconnects or be unable to sign in.
    38m ago

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Topics/0/0/None/%23servers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

calex71 wrote: »
    it's just petty that they removed the ascendant mats from the queens gear.

When I read they done that, my first impression was that it was a childish thing to do and then there was their statement about players not playing the game the way they wanted/intended. (Not 100% sure on the exact wording but it was something to that effect).

Dickish move imo.

When I read they done that, my first impression was that it was a childish thing to do and then there was their statement about players not playing the game the way they wanted/intended. (Not 100% sure on the exact wording but it was something to that effect).

Dickish move imo.

Also annoyed me that it was a generic set but yet you couldn't farm it on a 28 hunter and give it to a lvl 20 titan via the vault. The game is grindy for the sake of it now, the PvP works as intended as in go shoot the other guys but the rest is just a complete chore for no reward. be interesting to see what Xur brings tomorrow, I bet they have hiked the Mote/Coin requirements for him too.

Edit: I will nearly put money on them redoing everything on the left in set destination sooner than later to let you match make for them , sure I bet there are tonnes of folks looking to do queens missions and can't do them solo, let alone night falls and daily and weeklys

I'm surprised they did nothing to the the chest runs or made those mats spawn less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Google the name of your bounty, each one has a fixed weapon so you'll know if you want to put the time into it.

So I snagged me a depleted exotic hand cannon. To bring it back to life I have to kill 500 Hive on the moon. I already have a fully functioning exotic hand cannon so...... worth my while? What do you get for breaking down exotic weapons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

So I snagged me a depleted exotic hand cannon. To bring it back to life I have to kill 500 Hive on the moon. I already have a fully functioning exotic hand cannon so...... worth my while? What do you get for breaking down exotic weapons?

That is one of the longer bounties, not worth it just to dismantle it as you could only end up with 2 shards from the exotic.

Despite my failure to complete Nightfall for the past 2 days, I at least have the solace of lucking out on getting an Exotic sniper rifle from the Cryptarch.

Wish I had thought to disassemble all those excess helms and chests from the Queen's Wrath before the patch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

at least have the solace of lucking out on getting an Exotic sniper rifle from the Cryptarch.

Ice Breaker?

BEAST.

It's another one, Patience and Time. It has some nice upgrades, like radar while you are aiming and cloaking you when you look down the sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I went from level 21 to half way through 24 last night doing the Qeens bountys last night with the lads in about an hour and a half.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    i did indeed. give me a shout tomorrow when you want to go.

Cool will be on around 9.30 or 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Last night really annoyed me. I tried about 5 times to get a level 22 strike going only for myself or fireteam member to be kicked every time... Kept getting "Contacting Destiny Servers" error in the bottom right corner. Errors for me when kicked were "eel". After they reset the game servers following the hotfix for the cave, I could not get a stable game going...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Farewell sweet cave.

Also removed the ascendant shards from scrapping the queen's armor. That's crap. Not arsed doing any more missions as all I got was the chestplate every time and the ascendant shards were slight compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone have any take on whether the 360 or PS3 version would be the better buy for us stuck in the last gen?

All the head to heads are PS4 vs X1 or PS4 vs PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

calex71 wrote: »
    If only it were that good, I only said to someone last night that this was crying out for a wave/horde mode, I give you 5-10 hours before you see whats what with it and how repetitive it is.

Ah I don't agree with that. I feel the same as OP and I'm level 23. Still very much enjoying it, and I've only brushed over doing strikes. Can't wait to do a raid (waiting for the missus to go on her work trip...)

Also, I can appreciate it is repetitive. My current goal is to get a full suite of Dead Orbit armor, which I can calculate will take me around a bazillion years. But, for me, the reason it's repetitive is the game designers wanted to publish something that was very well produced. For an MMO the game physics and dynamics are extremely tight. It's very well polished. If they pushed to have a more expansive system and world they'd lose that quality control imo.

Unfortunately it's a double edged swords. DLCs will expand on things, and I can see the game becoming massive - literally and figuratively - but it will cost you more money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement