Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

.ak wrote: »
    Ah I don't agree with that. I feel the same as OP and I'm level 23. Still very much enjoying it, and I've only brushed over doing strikes. Can't wait to do a raid (waiting for the missus to go on her work trip...)

Also, I can appreciate it is repetitive. My current goal is to get a full suite of Dead Orbit armor, which I can calculate will take me around a bazillion years. But, for me, the reason it's repetitive is the game designers wanted to publish something that was very well produced. For an MMO the game physics and dynamics are extremely tight. It's very well polished. If they pushed to have a more expansive system and world they'd lose that quality control imo.

Unfortunately it's a double edged swords. DLCs will expand on things, and I can see the game becoming massive - literally and figuratively - but it will cost you more money.

Yeah that comment was aimed at myself when I said about how good I thought the game was last night after only a few hours in.

I went back on (which is a good sign as I normally put very little time in to games anymore) and got to level 4. Finished story level 4.

I know I'm only very early on but I think I can see where its going from what Ive played and also from what Ive read up on and watched online.

.ak is right in so far as of course its going to be repetitive but most shooters are. Its how much you want to keep coming back thats important.

Is there always something new for you to do etc..

I need to get teaming up with others to make it even more enjoyable but I can see this game being around for a long time. Just look how active this thread is for example.

I want it to be a game I'm playing in a year or so from now like I was doing with the likes of Halo 3.

I'm not a big COD fan so something like this is right up my alley. I really hope the online community grows and grows.

It'd be cool if Bungie actually deliver the promise of making it a long term project/game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ah I don't agree with that. I feel the same as OP and I'm level 23. Still very much enjoying it, and I've only brushed over doing strikes. Can't wait to do a raid (waiting for the missus to go on her work trip...)

Also, I can appreciate it is repetitive. My current goal is to get a full suite of Dead Orbit armor, which I can calculate will take me around a bazillion years. But, for me, the reason it's repetitive is the game designers wanted to publish something that was very well produced. For an MMO the game physics and dynamics are extremely tight. It's very well polished. If they pushed to have a more expansive system and world they'd lose that quality control imo.

Unfortunately it's a double edged swords. DLCs will expand on things, and I can see the game becoming massive - literally and figuratively - but it will cost you more money.

If you are not doing many strikes at the moment, what are you running? Are you playing PvP only or?

EDIT - Only reason I ask is that I am level 20 now and I dont know what to do now, I am two low level for the big runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How long does he DLC Pass last?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm still really liking it. It is repetitive but the world's are so big I haven't tired of it yet. It's the levelling up aspect / search for loot keeping my interest going.
    Titan - Lvl 26
    Hunter - Lvl 22
    Warlock - Lvl 9

I want them all highly ranked & equipped with legendary/exotic gear and it's going to take a while. Anytime I pick up a spirit bloom or helium or iron thingy on Mars the OCD part of me goes "he he he"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Xur the absolute gent has an exotic auto rifle and a pretty sweet hunter pvp helm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Xurs inventory 26/09

Titan - Crest of the Alpha Lupi (chest)
    Hunter - Knucklehead radar (helm)
    Warlock - Apotheoisis Veil (helm)

Weapon - Suros Regime auto rifle

Exotic Helm engram

Also, this week he's in the shipwright area, down the stairs by the Dead Orbit vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, I went to the Crucible last night for the first time. Only did conquest, as I have a bounty for completing 5. Man I suck so bad, but I loved it. The dilemma I have about PvP in games in general is my suckiness dragging the team down. I am a trier though.

Xurs inventory 26/09

Titan - Crest of the Alpha Lupi (chest)
    Hunter - Knucklehead radar (helm)
    Warlock - Apotheoisis Veil (helm)

Weapon - Suros Regime auto rifle

Exotic Helm engram

What does the weapon cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

logik wrote: »
    If you are not doing many strikes at the moment, what are you running? Are you playing PvP only or?

EDIT - Only reason I ask is that I am level 20 now and I dont know what to do now, I am two low level for the big runs.

Mostly bounties, as I don't really need to concentrate on them and can do them casually between doing stuff in the house. So a mix of PvE and PvP bounties.

The best type of PvE bounties are the ones where you have to kill multiple enemies, and thus picking up plenty of loot along the way.

For some reason on whatever the designated PvE games (on the left of the destination screen) give you really good loot, even if you don't win the game. It's weird.

Had 3 great games of skirmish last night. On the first one it was an absolute domination, we picked a corner and covered each others back and the other team just didn't get a look in. I got nothing for it.

On the next game I ended up on a 2 v 3, and the two of us totally held our own and we won both times. That is complete satisfaction, beating them against the odds. Got decent loot for that.

In the 3rd game I ended up with two n00bs and they just didn't have a clue, we got smashed but then managed to turn it around with 10 seconds left to spare. I literally won the game with a 3 kill FoC. Got an legendary there.

In short, Skirmish is actually a helluva lot of fun.

What does the weapon cost?

23 strange coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Game is mocking me now. Get 5 legendary chestpieces for my titan this week, tell myself it will be alright when Xur comes and I can get a legendary for another area. Another chestpiece. Damn you Xur!!

How much is the Exotic engram?

23 strange coins.

Excited, then deflated in 1 minute.

How does one get that many coins? I only have 6....

maximoose wrote: »

How much is the Exotic engram?

Also 23 strange coins.

The weekly strike at lvl28 will get you 9 then it's just luck, derypting engrams can get you some, public events, chests etc.

Lol was thinking the same...

Is the engram pot luck for what class it'll be?

Have 20 strange coins so think I'll try to bag another 3 this afternoon for it.

Also, is the Warsat public event on Earth gone? Was farming spinmetal around that area lastnight for ages and it didn't spawn.

Also, is the Warsat public event on Earth gone? Was farming spinmetal around that area lastnight for ages and it didn't spawn.

The engram's a gamble, can be for any class, personally I don' think I'll ever risk it, 23 coins is just too much.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know how much mats you get for breaking down exotic armour?

Also I thought he charged motes of light for the engram not coins?

@ .ak - You in the boards clan? Whats your gamer tag? I work so like you the misses uses tv early in the evening so I dont get to run raids etc, so maybe we could team up with a few other guys on here for a bit of craic?

It's motes of light.

And breaking down exotics is the exact same as breaking down legendaries.

• Advertisement

@ .ak - You in the boards clan? Whats your gamer tag? I work so like you the misses uses tv early in the evening so I dont get to run raids etc, so maybe we could team up with a few other guys on here for a bit of craic?

Yep I'm in the clan. I'm on Ps4, PSN is AdamArc

Yep I'm in the clan. I'm on Ps4, PSN is AdamArc

Well booo to that, I am on Xbox myself. Oh well, happy hunting.

Gandalph wrote: »
    It's motes of light.

Woo. I have 16 motes of light...

So what are the chances of me getting 7 of them tonight?

Just gambled with the exotic engram on my warlock and got a hunter item, it gave me the exact same helm he has for sale...what a b**tard.

Just gambled with the exotic engram on my warlock and got a hunter item, it gave me the exact same helm he has for sale...what a b**tard.

Yeah that is bull**** alright, They should be class specific so a Hunter cannot get a Warlock or Titan Helm etc. Or make them trade-able between players, would give the Tower an actual use.

For example, you click R on the Xbox and it gives you the option to inspect the player. They you have a load of options, why not a trade option? Whilst in the Tower you could press a button that would put an icon over your head to let other players know you wanted to trade. The Icon would be Green, Blue, Purple or Yellow depending on the item you wanted to trade so that you wouldnt get someone trading a Blue for a Green etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also Cormac, if you could add me to the 26+ group, I'd appreciate it.

Guys, please message on PS4 (GenericDreadHead), I can't be trawling through all these pages of the thread each time :P
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Apparently Control isn't like Domination in other games at all, if your team controls one zone and just concentrates on farming kills you'll probably still win regardless of the other team having two zones.

I noticed this last night where I was on a team that only controlled one zone for 90% of the match and we somehow still won,

I've played a LOT of control, and honestly you can win any which way, holding all points, holding 1 point etc. I've never found camping to be a good strategy though.
    Yeah, when I'm on a FT I just tell all the lads to pick the easiest point to defend and camp there. Eventually the opposition get frustrated and try to break through and you just rack the kills up if your positioned well.

You lose the game when you split up and you start racing from point to point and getting murdered along the way.

Nah, you just have to be smart in how you rush, go in groups of 3 and you should be ok, the key is to keep grabbing and moving to where you know the enemy are
    6 hours and counting. We were trying to get through the Labrynth for a good while, only to eventually realise we were always going past the exit:pac:. We missed one of the epic chests though :(.

Easily Destiny at its very best. If you get the chance to do the raid its fantastic. The fights are more intense than when the enemy amasses against you at the loot cave.

Yeah it is, it's properly strategic, that whole "everyone has a role to play" really came through :)
    Really annoying the exotic bounties take up one of your 5 bounty slots.

Yeah this f**ks me right off :mad:
    If only you were in the raid last night after I picked up my legendary cloak you would see how slick some of us hunters make cloaks look!

It.... was..... Glorious.... :eek:
    Penn wrote: »
    Some of the cloaks do look brilliant.

Stupid Classy warlock bonds... Pointless so elegant...

FYP :P
    Another steal from Bungie - Requirements for levels 27-30

Here is a guide to the requirements for the last few light levels in terms of armor and crafting materials, since it can get really confusing.

Level 27 requires 87 light:
    Translation: A full set of legendary missing just the shards-dependent upgrades (4 * 22 = 88).

Level 28 requires 98 light.
    Translation: A full set of legendary, missing the last upgrade on each, and another upgrade on one (3 * 25 + 23 = 98). This will require 42 ascendant shards.

DO NOT UPGRADE ALL YOUR LEGENDARY ARMOR ALL THE WAY (see level 29)

Level 29 requires 109 light.
    Translation: Two fully-leveled legendary pieces (27 + 27), one fully leveled exotic (30) and one legendary with all but one upgrade (25). Note that four fully-leveled legendary pieces will not do the trick (27 * 4 = 108). This will require 64 shards.

Level 30 requires 120 light, which is the maximum currently possible.
    Translation: One exotic and three raid set pieces (dropped only in Vault of Glass), fully leveled. This will require 79 shards.

Ty for this
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't axe the Tower. I spent 20 minutes trying to climb a tree there over the weekend and then a big purple ball bounced past with a gang of people chasing it.

^ This :pac:
    I love campers, a well stealthed hunter deals with them no problem ;)

I love campers, they are usually dead by the time i rush them with my Warlock, "deal with this death from above f**ker" :D
    BloodBath wrote: »
    218 pages already and going strong. How is a very average game doing so well?

I dunno, could be to do with some people enjoying it, but sure whatever :confused:
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I like the Crucible, which is why I bought Destiny. The nearest thing to Halo online on PS4, and I'm happy enough with it.

Yeah I love it, I seem to do really well there, and it's super satisfying being responsible for like 2k in score in 2 mins
    Xur the absolute gent has an exotic auto rifle and a pretty sweet hunter pvp helm.

I took a risk ignoring strange coins this week, balls :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone know how much mats you get for breaking down exotic armour?

Also I thought he charged motes of light for the engram not coins?

it's 23 motes for the engram again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also, don't forget to join the Boards.ie clan, it's the easiest way of making friends
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

It's motes of light.

Also have 20 Motes, what's the quickest way to get another 3?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Also have 20 Motes, what's the quickest way to get another 3?

The daily stroy was going motes yesterday so I figured id do that but it's not giving those today :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement