Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Purchases the full set of legendary Durga armour with my crucible points yesterday. Time spend these strange coins and Motes, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

In my experience notes are just random, I have 35 of them there and they all came from public events and decrypting.

Hmm. That autorifle is probably better than the Monte Carlo I have.

Dang. Everyone will have that gun by tomorrow :)

I'm going to try and save up enough coins and marks for the legendary sparrow just for the sake of it. Although I can't imagine having a faster sparrow would be any use because it would just lead to me getting to my destination slower, as I would be spending a lot more time driving off cliffs, into walls and toppling it over a lot quicker than I usually do.

30 motes for what turned out to be a warlock helmet. I'm a titan. Another one for the vault.

That Cryptarch hates me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

logik wrote: »
    Yeah that is bull**** alright, They should be class specific so a Hunter cannot get a Warlock or Titan Helm etc. Or make them trade-able between players, would give the Tower an actual use.

For example, you click R on the Xbox and it gives you the option to inspect the player. They you have a load of options, why not a trade option? Whilst in the Tower you could press a button that would put an icon over your head to let other players know you wanted to trade. The Icon would be Green, Blue, Purple or Yellow depending on the item you wanted to trade so that you wouldnt get someone trading a Blue for a Green etc.

When I first played it I thought the post master was for sending items between friends, which I think ain't a bad idea

SOteY63.jpg

Question, that Suros is going to be a lot better for PVP, isn't it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    In my experience notes are just random, I have 35 of them there and they all came from public events and decrypting.

You get one every now and then from XP after you hit level 20, there's a progress bar on your character page and everytime it fills you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Not a LOT better. Stability and, ROF and range are the things I look at. But the extra large mag is handy on the other one!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Does Xur just stick around for the day? I really want that Auto Rifle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also depends acre you a "pew piff pew" shooter or a "spray and pray"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm going to try and save up enough coins and marks for the legendary sparrow just for the sake of it. Although I can't imagine having a faster sparrow would be any use because it would just lead to me getting to my destination slower, as I would be spending a lot more time driving off cliffs, into walls and toppling it over a lot quicker than I usually do.

Handy for pvp as it can dodge with l1 and r1, plus it can be upgraded from Xur to go even faster, that will p**s off the snipers on First Light :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    When I first played it I thought the post master was for sending items between friends, which I think ain't a bad idea

You should be able to leave an open invite at the postmaster - e.g. level 21 strike on venus - starting in 10 minutes - make them like bounties, then you can press a button to be put in the fireteam with whoever else is interested.

at the moment, all the postmaster ever does is tell me that xander-99 has a special bounty available. Gee thanks for passing on that message from that robot thats only 20 feet away and who I talk to every single time I'm at the tower anyway.

.ak wrote: »
    But the extra large mag is handy on the other one!

Yeah, it's one of the later upgrades, bringing it from 36-56.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Also depends acre you a "pew piff pew" shooter or a "spray and pray"

Empty clip in face ASAP. I like the look of the Suros, though. I just don't want to be getting murdered by these in PVP and regretting not getting it. Not that I can even get it right now, but I imagine I can get 5 coins by tomorrow night.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grayditch wrote: »

Empty clip in face ASAP. I like the look of the Suros, though. I just don't want to be getting murdered by these in PVP and regretting not getting it. Not that I can even get it right now, but I imagine I can get 5 coins by tomorrow night.

The best perk I've found in the game is "Grows more accurate the longer it's fired". I have Shingen-E with that perk and it's brilliant in PvP, I just got that Suros now but I can't see it replaving my trusty Shingen. When I found another I passed it over to my titan character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Grayditch wrote: »

Or you could be lucky like Andy and get one from a chest in the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

logik wrote: »
    If you are not doing many strikes at the moment, what are you running? Are you playing PvP only or?

EDIT - Only reason I ask is that I am level 20 now and I dont know what to do now, I am two low level for the big runs.

I follow the exclamation marks on the map. Do a bounty or two and have a go in the Crucible (I'm useless at it!) It took a while to get from 20 to 22 but after a couple of Queen missions I flew to 25. Never bothered with farming, gear or no gear it seemed ludicrous to me. Don't worry about levelling up though, have fun with it!

Screw it, I'll pass on the Suros and go for that legendary chest plate. I hate that this game makes me worry about these things.

Daily story is a very handy 2 ascendant materials today, I didn't bother with it yesterday since it was the black garden. Just hit level 29, 6 more shards and that's my armour all upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to get one of the exotic tonight but only have 22 coins anyone up for the strikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Wolve_R_Ian

Hey guy's i made an EU clan called The EU Titans if any of you want to join fire away be good to get into the game with some lads from ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cool will be on around 9.30 or 10.

Sorry i missed ya, had to go do grown up house stuff this morning. Should be on this evening/tonight for a good bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone have any take on whether the 360 or PS3 version would be the better buy for us stuck in the last gen?

All the heads are PS4 vs X1 or PS4 vs PS3.

Iv the 360 version as well, doesn't look as pretty but plays fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Sorry i missed ya, had to go do grown up house stuff this morning. Should be on this evening/tonight for a good bit.

No worries at all. Will be on around 8.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Daily story is a very handy 2 ascendant materials today, I didn't bother with it yesterday since it was the black garden. Just hit level 29, 6 more shards and that's my armour all upgraded.

Congrats! Now onto the raid gear and level 30! You won't notice much of a difference in damage but will die less.

Does anyone know if the queens wrath missions can reward gloves or boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just picked it up. Got to level 6 and said I'd try the verus mode. Got murdered. Does the weapon damage carry over into the mp? Also in the story came across enemies that had no level only ?? Over them. They were immune to my weapon so I left sharpish.

Congrats! Now onto the raid gear and level 30! You won't notice much of a difference in damage but will die less.

Does anyone know if the queens wrath missions can reward gloves or boots?

nearly sure I saw boots once but it nearly always helm or chest piece I've seen. Surely there's a whole set to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just got Fifa today, but guess I'll be grinding all weekend to get that Autorifle, damn you Destiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CptMackey wrote: »
    Just picked it up. Got to level 6 and said I'd try the verus mode. Got murdered. Does the weapon damage carry over into the mp? Also in the story came across enemies that had no level only ?? Over them. They were immune to my weapon so I left sharpish.

The ?? Enemies mean you ain't a high enough level to fight them yet

• Advertisement

CptMackey wrote: »

Those enemies are just too high level to hurt yet.

Weapon damage and that doesn't carry over to PvP but all the perks and abilities do so you will be at a bit of a disadvantage at level 6. In a straight up gunfight you should be on a pretty even footing though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement