Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hey guy's i made an EU clan called The EU Titans if any of you want to join fire away be good to get into the game with some lads from ireland....

We already have a clan here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    CptMackey wrote: »
    Just picked it up. Got to level 6 and said I'd try the verus mode. Got murdered. Does the weapon damage carry over into the mp? Also in the story came across enemies that had no level only ?? Over them. They were immune to my weapon so I left sharpish.

Damage doesn't but weapon specific perks and class abilities do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm just craps online so lol.
    I'll have to avoid those ?? Fellas for a while too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Home for lunch there and got 2 sneeky command pvp games in. Was rewarded with my first ever 2 x Legendary engrams for the games. Was so chuffed, raced back to the Tower to hand them in....

That feeling when you get 2 x Rare items in return, and both of them worse than what I was already using. Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just got my first piece of legendary armour from a blue engram put me up to 22 and a half aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

If bungie are going to buff the Cryptarch and nerf drop rates, like I heard, then I reckon everyone saves their legendary engrams!

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just got my first piece of legendary armour from a blue engram put me up to 22 and a half aswell :D

Well thats just great.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    If bungie are going to buff the Cryptarch and nerf drop rates, like I heard, then I reckon everyone saves their legendary engrams!

I thought the were buffing drop rates, it's already pretty low for legendaries I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought the were buffing drop rates, it's already pretty low for legendaries I thought.

Yea weapon drops are rare. I'm short of weapon parts to upgrade my stuff. Could do with increasing the weapon drop rates.

On a lighter note I got my first legendary this morning. A fine looking chest piece :)

I think these patches are unpopular.... but fair, they do kind of try to encourage you to play the game as it's meant to be played.... 3 more patches from now it'll be a much better enjoyable experience for a new comer

I to read that they were nerfing drop rates. This is most likely a knock on affect from the treasure cave. I imagine every drop is being recorded by the servers and Bungie analyse these drops making the relevant changes up or down. Because of the cave, drops would have been excelled and maybe Bungie decided that to many high end items were being collected.

• Advertisement

Also interesting how the clan has 12 X-Box players and 48 Playstation players :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Also interesting how the clan has 12 X-Box players and 48 Playstation players :D

Leave us Xbox boys alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

logik wrote: »
    Leave us Xbox boys alone!

Seems to be the idea ;)

Grayditch wrote: »
    Seems to be the idea ;)

Can't say I didn't walk into that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Keeps disconnecting from the servers :/
    Very annoying

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think these patches are unpopular.... but fair, they do kind of try to encourage you to play the game as it's meant to be played.... 3 more patches from now it'll be a much better enjoyable experience for a new comer

All they have to do is make the strikes worth doing, just put some decent rewards at the end or have the posses drop legendary loot on high difficulties.

The only real patch thing I have a problem with was removing the shards from dismantling the queen's gear, the event was already pretty rubbish but now it has zero reward unless you have no legendary armour.

All they have to do is make the strikes worth doing, just put some decent rewards at the end or have the posses drop legendary loot on high difficulties.

The only real patch thing I have a problem with was removing the shards from dismantling the queen's gear, the event was already pretty rubbish but now it has zero reward unless you have no legendary armour.

Would agree here. I love doing strikes but you need something at the end of them. They can be quite time consuming with no reward. The same time it takes to run some Strikes you could have 2/3 PvP games done with rewards after each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

To be honest farming marks with the strikes is pretty handy, only need about 10 of them to be guaranteed a legendary but with the cap thats only 3 legendaries every 2 weeks (I'm just looking to shard them). I'd reckon they should give some sort of reward after you reach your mark cap because then they become useless.

Yeh the queens bounty is aweful now. I did the short Raksis one earlier on a level 22 alt and was like "This should be quick"...about half hour earlier and 86 adds down they finally stopped spawning so I could get pot shots at the boss for my legendaries. Understandable it's probably better off doing with a fireteam but I thought it would be an easy solo even for an alt in blues/greens but it's not. I'm no slouch at the game either as I nearly solo'd the weekly nightfall last night, got the boss down to about half health and then got mugged off by a sneaky hobgoblin, didn't care though as I have already completed it this week and was just concentrating on doing the 200 nightfall kills for the exotic bounty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should be 13 now, just applied there, gametag is Rob Velocity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

To be honest farming marks with the strikes is pretty handy, only need about 10 of them to be guaranteed a legendary but with the cap thats only 3 legendaries every 2 weeks (I'm just looking to shard them). I'd reckon they should give some sort of reward after you reach your mark cap because then they become useless.

Yeh the queens bounty is aweful now. I did the short Raksis one earlier on a level 22 alt and was like "This should be quick"...about half hour earlier and 86 adds down they finally stopped spawning so I could get pot shots at the boss for my legendaries. Understandable it's probably better off doing with a fireteam but I thought it would be an easy solo even for an alt in blues/greens but it's not. I'm no slouch at the game either as I nearly solo'd the weekly nightfall last night, got the boss down to about half health and then got mugged off by a sneaky hobgoblin, didn't care though as I have already completed it this week and was just concentrating on doing the 200 nightfall kills for the exotic bounty :D

An arc sniper with decent damage is a godsend there, you can get 3-4 hits off before the mobs start coming in, that should pretty much finish him off, even at level 22 because of the arc burn modifier.

• Advertisement

Should be 13 now, just applied there, gametag is Rob Velocity.

What level are you?

Raksis is the only one I do, the others are too long. I solo'd it earlier with my titan so I could get him a helm and junk the one he already had for shards (1-0 to me Bungie). There's an arc damage modifier on that mission i think so i just stuck my arc legendary sniper rifle in the vault and Riksis goes down with 4 headshots. The Shanks were the only thing that gave me trouble.

Might try solo the Nightfall myself, Nexus can be cheesed from the cliff if you keep an eye on that minotaur :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

logik wrote: »
    What level are you?

Just coming up on five, only started yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Raksis is the only one I do, the others are too long. I solo'd it earlier with my titan so I could get him a helm and junk the one he already had for shards (1-0 to me Bungie). There's an arc damage modifier on that mission i think so i just stuck my arc legendary sniper rifle in the vault and Riksis goes down with 4 headshots. The Shanks were the only thing that gave me trouble.

Might try solo the Nightfall myself, Nexus can be cheesed from the cliff if you keep an eye on that minotaur :P

Apparently you can jump across on top of the ring above Nexus, where you can shoot him and he can't hit you.

Anybody get the olive error code before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Bit of a dilema. Was a bit stupid and spent 150 marks on the Vanguard Autorifle last night and now Suros shows up. It's pretty much the best gun in the game at the moment but the Exotic hunter helm has Radar while ADS which is too good in pvp. My current chest is Exotic but I got the legendary chest from VoG yesterday so will be using that once it's upgraded leaving an open slot for an exotic. I'm 5 coins short of buying both!

WHAT DO I DO? :o

How many of the Xbox One players here are level 27 or so? I think it's high time we got a raid team together.

How many of the Xbox One players here are level 27 or so? I think it's high time we got a raid team together.

In the "Xbox Clan" page in the Clan you can see all users, using the option in the top right to view friends, you can see who is what level - provided you've added them, just do a spray and pray and send everyone invites, granted i now have 50+ friends but as people lose interest i'll whittle that down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

One the last part of the Weekly if anyone wants to join

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement