Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ItsHoggie wrote: »

This perfect for grinding out those queens bounties too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ha that didn't take long to find a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Keep getting disconnected with an error code of beaver, for once my internet seems fine!

Is it volume or is anyone else getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Took a gamble on the exotic engram from xur. Ended up with a helmet for a hunter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Fieldog wrote: »
    Keep getting disconnected with an error code of beaver, for once my internet seems fine!

Is it volume or is anyone else getting it?

Is their many people on your Internet?

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is their many people on your Internet?

Kids playing Xbox Live in the other room, I'm on PS4, 11ms ping, 29 down and 15up last test I did, and that was WiFi on my phone, PS4 is hardwired...

I'm only getting it on the crucible oddly enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

FFS how many times can I be disconnected in the middle of the boss fight in the Nexus, 4 times in a ****ing row.

FFS how many times can I be disconnected in the middle of the boss fight in the Nexus, 4 times in a ****ing row.

What error code is it giving you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say that even though I enjoyed the game, I'm kinda bored with it now. Lvl 25, but can't really see any reason to progress on further, particularly considering the grinding involved in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Kids playing Xbox Live in the other room, I'm on PS4, 11ms ping, 29 down and 15up last test I did, and that was WiFi on my phone, PS4 is hardwired...

I'm only getting it on the crucible oddly enough....

That could be the reason so, was getting the same error code when their wa a few on mine and I was streaming aswell, I just reset ps4 and router and it was alright after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

1.0.2 Patch Preview
    The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 
    Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
    Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
    Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
    Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
    Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
    Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone else having problems with people dropped from the Destiny server on PS4? Was playing just now and the game dropped me, then about 15mins later i was dropped again. Curious if it could be my connection or just the servers. Pinging google atm on PC and it's perfectly fine...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone else having problems with people dropped from the Destiny server on PS4? Was playing just now and the game dropped me, then about 15mins later i was dropped again. Curious if it could be my connection or just the servers. Pinging google atm on PC and it's perfectly fine...

I've been booted a couple of times on xbox tonight, happened again just now so it could be they're working on the servers or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I hope that patch fixes the lottery that is the engram system. Cashed in what was supposed to be a rare/legendary engram and was given a bog standard shotgun that I just shredded.

Overall I like this game. Although it can be frustrating. Parts of it reminds me of training. Hit a wall and then train harder. In this case it's farming and or whatever else necessary to level up. I hope the rewards eventually outweigh the meh factor.

SD

What error code is it giving you?

Bee mostly, was finally able to complete it get enough Coins to buy Suros Regime. That rifle is pure sex.

Ugh, I see why Bungie are planning on buffing the Thorn exotic handcannon. My lvl19 blue Regulator does more damage, has a better range, is more stable and has over double the ammo capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Ugh, I see why Bungie are planning on buffing the Thorn exotic handcannon. My lvl19 blue Regulator does more damage, has a better range, is more stable and has over double the ammo capacity.

Yeh it does suck. It's alright for running lower level strikes but I don't like the way the only viable primary weapon in the harder stuff is just auto rifles, even my exotic pulse rifle which is nearly maxed out doesn't do diddly to enemies. Scout rifles are ok but that's only because of their range.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Yeh it does suck. It's alright for running lower level strikes but I don't like the way the only viable primary weapon in the harder stuff is just auto rifles, even my exotic pulse rifle which is nearly maxed out doesn't do diddly to enemies. Scout rifles are ok but that's only because of their range.

Handcannons can still be viable, even on higher levels my Regulator can one hit kill most enemies except majors or shielded enemies when you hit their weak spot. Also helps that it holds 13 rounds which is very good for a handcannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How thoughtful of Destiny, giving me my own County armour :D

LlV6OHN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Handcannons can still be viable, even on higher levels my Regulator can one hit kill most enemies except majors or shielded enemies when you hit their weak spot. Also helps that it holds 13 rounds which is very good for a handcannon.

I agree. I have the Venation III hand cannon. Its a legendary handgun and it does really well most kills are one shot kills, specially if aimed to the head, trying to level up with it and see if I can reach 300 soon. I was surprised of how well it performs considering it only has 8 rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    How thoughtful of Destiny, giving me my own County armour :D

LlV6OHN.jpg

I saw that one yesterday as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Great info on the raid there for anyone thinking about doing it and how to do it.

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2014/09/27/destiny-how-to-easily-beat-the-raid-best-way-to-play

Also i dont think il be playing much untill the next patch that has the fix for engrams and things, just seems like a waste of time till its going to be sorted lots of love (daleatron) kiss kiss

Bohrio wrote: »
    I agree. I have the Venation III hand cannon. Its a legendary handgun and it does really well most kills are one shot kills, specially if aimed to the head, trying to level up with it and see if I can reach 300 soon. I was surprised of how well it performs considering it only has 8 rounds

I'd second that, have the same myself and it is a headshot machine. It's my go to for any of the headshot bounties and has been my primary for a long time. That might change now that I bought the Suros but for clearing out lower level mobs it can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'll have to check out that hand cannon, every one of them I've used so far is pants. Find pulse rifles are the best for headshot bounties, aim and the chest and it will spray up into their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wolve_R_Ian

Anyone else having issues logging into destiony ERROR lost connection to partner services?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone else having issues logging into destiony ERROR lost connection to partner services?

Fine for me on xbox bar one beetle error 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have the exotic bounty for the hand cannon.

First mission was to kill 500 hive on the moon. That took a while. Next one is to cause damage in the crucible with void damage. 3 points for a kill. 500 needed. Dying in PVP or PVE reduces the points.

Ah, Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Grayditch wrote: »

First mission was to kill 500 hive on the moon. That took a while. Next one is to cause damage in the crucible with void damage. 3 points for a kill. 500 needed. Dying in PVP or PVE reduces the points.

Ah, Jaysus.

Take a pal into rumble and get lots of kills on him.

Grayditch wrote: »

Ah, Jaysus.

And the last part is a pain in the ass strike on the moon where you have to keep clearing waves of enemies around Phogoth until a specific wizard turns up, whom you have to kill without killing Phogoth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And the last part is a pain in the ass strike on the moon where you have to keep clearing waves of enemies around Phogoth until a specific wizard turns up, whom you have to kill without killing Phogoth.

Ugh. Not sure I want it that much.

Are all the exotic missions that... detailed?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement