Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am really struggling to level up beyond Level 21. The only armour I am getting has less light than one I have equipped. Anyone else stuck on a level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I am really struggling to level up beyond Level 21. The only armour I am getting has less light than one I have equipped. Anyone else stuck on a level?

Have you done many of the queens bounties? If so get a higher level to get you through her earth mission takes 5 minutes once you get it to come up and is guaranteed legendary armor piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I got the Queen's sniper rifle, "The Supremacy" last night. Fairly nifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have the exotic bounty for the hand cannon.

First mission was to kill 500 hive on the moon. That took a while. Next one is to cause damage in the crucible with void damage. 3 points for a kill. 500 needed. Dying in PVP or PVE reduces the points.

I used a shotgun and played Control, it was easier than I thought it would be but its a right chore.

As it'll take a load of matches you can really cash in on the Crucible/Queens bounties.

I'm not a huge fan of the exotic gun I got but haven't lvl'd it up much yet.

Having too much fun with the "Ice Breaker" exotic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Loving the exotic auto rifle I bought off Xur for 23 coins. It really shines in multiplayer.

29defpc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Loving the exotic auto rifle I bought off Xur for 23 coins. It really shines in multiplayer.

29defpc.jpg

Yeah I'm surprised by how effective it is, I thought the low fire rate would put it at a huge disadvantage but the damage bonuses make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

99% of hunters hating on Bladedancer for VoG on gamefaqs.com (really active message boards for anyone looking for groups) and it seems to me most of them have tunnel vision about arc blades in particular because that's all they seem to focus on. Had to contribute my own piece as a BD raider;

"As much as people are bashing BD in the raid it does have its uses. I find Arcbolt grenade the best grenade in a hunters inventory (I have the exotic chest piece that allows further grenade chaining). Blink strike with escape artist is also a get out of jail free card if you do get swarmed or just need to make a quick getaway in general.
    And it looks like people are forgetting about Razor's Edge in the super, it can easily put down minotaurs/praetorians and waves of enemies without having to get close to them. As the relic holder of my raid team I find the invisibility of BD useful too, whether it's getting in proper position to take down shields or getting up and close to the praetorians and goblins in the final stage of the last boss without them nuking you down before you can ground pound them.
    Would gladly take all them over 3 moderately high damage shots every now and then with some quick reloads."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

People love moaning and BD is a pain in the hole as its very hard to have a chance against it once its activated. The fact I killed so many Guardians with my super means that I don't bitch about BD and accept it as part of the Crucible experience.

Its still a dickish super though, see I couldn't resist.

Anybody notice the big jump in blue drops in PVE?

I picked up that exotic auto rifle twice this weekend. Its a beast for the 200 headshot bounties.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

BD just levels the playing field in PvP imo. Fists of Havoc and the void walker one are just as cheap if not worse. I do prefer golden gun for PvE though I think.

People love moaning and BD is a pain in the hole as its very hard to have a chance against it once its activated. The fact I killed so many Guardians with my super means that I don't bitch about BD and accept it as part of the Crucible experience.

I was talking more about PvE. But BD super is not even that great in PvP. I'm no slouch as I generally float about 2 KDR and there was an instance the other day where out of 5 arc blade supers activated I killed 1 person. Got put down by titan, warlock, even hunters golden gun supers straight off the bat and also the odd shotgun blast. I don't complain though because I've played all the classes in pvp and it's just like a game of rock paper scissors (super wise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I can't stand BD :mad:

Seems impossible to defend against. As a Titan people can see me coming and kill me before land with my special, also I have to be really lucky to have people all bunched together, and they can jump outside the blast radius as well.

I've watched blade dancer kill 4 people all of whom are spread out on a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have gunslinger almost maxed out now, but started on bladedancer (maxed already).

The only time I use gunslinger in normal PvE is vs the cabal as the golden gun have shoot through the shields and it's good for the masses of shielded Psions. Keeping your distance in the raid makes gunslinger a necessity as well.

I don't see why people are bitching, after a while you should have both leveled up and can change as the need arises even if you likely won't multiple sets of armour for each to further min/max it at this stage.

Normally I'd only get 1/2 kills in PVP with it per use and less often 3/4 in grouped, and if it's super vs super the titan usually wins. Warlock can just nuke people from the air. The titan's super effect too large an area, and unless they're an idiot you usually can't get out of the AOE.

I've watched blade dancer kill 4 people all of whom are spread out on a position.

If 4 people are spread out, and can't get 3/4 a clip into a Bladedancer between them by time he gets around to all of 4, then they all deserve to die imo. If they are grouped then fair enough but any other classes super would take them all out too.

I'm confused about levelling up past level 20. I thought I had it figured out after reading a guide on it. But this afternoon I went from 21 to 22 without equipping an item with more light. I just seemed to level up for no reason.

I'm confused about levelling up past level 20. I thought I had it figured out after reading a guide on it. But this afternoon I went from 21 to 22 without equipping an item with more light. I just seemed to level up for no reason.

Did you upgrade any of the armour? The light goes up when you upgrade.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you upgrade any of the armour? The light goes up when you upgrade.

That must be it. I didn't reslise the light value goes up too. I thought it was just the value of defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Are any of the clan running the VoG again? I know you guys ran it last week, would love to give it a crack at some point.

I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or its standard but I've played exactly 100 games over 25hrs 51mins and I have still never seen a purple engram drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm not sure if I'm unlucky or its standard but I've played exactly 100 games over 25hrs 51mins and I have still never seen a purple engram drop.

I've at least 40 hours and gotten one purple drop so your not alone.

Are any of the clan running the VoG again? I know you guys ran it last week, would love to give it a crack at some point.

We are planning on finishing it tonight hopefully, then we can get cracking on mixing up the groups as I think it is just fair to give priority to the guys who have seen the whole raid through and experienced the countless wipes. I'm working on an alt at the moment that should be ready by the next reset that can help fill any absences, as I wouldn't want to take anyone else's spot. I also have the most experience with the relic so can add to helping another group try cruise through it. We should be able for two groups by next reset hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

On the subject of raids, I mentioned in an earlier post that we should talk about setting days and times for it.

I know it's early days hence the randomness right now but just thinking about the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gandalph wrote: »
    We are planning on finishing it tonight hopefully, then we can get cracking on mixing up the groups as I think it is just fair to give priority to the guys who have seen the whole raid through and experienced the countless wipes. I'm working on an alt at the moment that should be ready by the next reset that can help fill any absences, as I wouldn't want to take anyone else's spot. I also have the most experience with the relic so can add to helping another group try cruise through it. We should be able for two groups by next reset hopefully.

That would be cool, I've avoiding reading up on it so as not to spoil it. It would be nice to get group/s co-ordinated on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Getting booted every second game. Destiny's destiny is to be traded at this stage.

That would be cool, I've avoiding reading up on it so as not to spoil it. It would be nice to get group/s co-ordinated on here.

If I was doing it I'd prefer people did read up on it so they go in prepared :D

calex71 wrote: »
    If I was doing it I'd prefer people did read up on it so they go in prepared :D

I'll just let you tell me what to do sure, be grand. How bad could it be? :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'll just let you tell me what to do sure, be grand. How bad could it be? :P

Trying to pick up a 24 who couldn't damage anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just picked up my first piece of exotic armor on a strike and jumped from level 20 to 22

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

We finally just finished the raid. Went immediately to the Tower for a dance party in our swanky new white Raid completion shader. :D

A look at things to come
    http://kotaku.com/destiny-leak-shows-what-future-dlc-could-bring-1640101029?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

We finally just finished the raid. Went immediately to the Tower for a dance party in our swanky new white Raid completion shader. :D

A look at things to come
    http://kotaku.com/destiny-leak-shows-what-future-dlc-could-bring-1640101029?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Aye, congratz to all, it was a blast!

The clans 1st raid clear :)

• Advertisement

A look at things to come

Given whats come up in the events and main game I'm expecting nothing less than recycled stuff from the base game for the expansions. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get more than tyrion lannister doing a phoned in voice over to explain why we are going back to an already visited location.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement