Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

A sh1t ton of hours and countless wipes later in the raid and I can finally come out holding my new cloak and shader high! Bungie telling me at least I can still look good while I cry about lack of loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    A sh1t ton of hours and countless wipes later in the raid and I can finally come out holding my new cloak and shader high! Bungie telling me at least I can still look good while I cry about lack of loot.

Yeah, took us over 10 hours. Here are the stats for the final boss on our successful run after going to the tower for resupply.
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428501845/2305843009214783992/317719920?_

Wonder what that would look like if we did it all in one sitting.

First session tonight
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428501845/2305843009214783992/317411387?_

Thursday night
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428501845/2305843009214783992/268917871?_

Can't go back far enough for the first session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The one before (our longest run)

image.jpg

The one before (our longest run)

image.jpg

Was able to find the links for the first session, split in two for me due to disconnect

Part 1
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428501845/2305843009214783992/258272109?_

Part 2
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/2/4611686018428501845/2305843009214783992/258485213?_

Edit:
    Compiled my stats over the 5 sessions I was in which covers the raid from start to finish.
    755 Kills
    5.59 K/D Ratio
    582 Assists
    135 Deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Congrats to everyone involved for completing the raid. Im jealous, feel like I'm missing out here! Gotta grind hard now to make sure I'm able to participate in future raids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

thanks for letting me in there for the end. took me a few rounds just to understand what was going on :P It wasn't that hard at the end I thought, no crazy mobs to deal with like Phogoth for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All of these screen shots make me look like a total walking standing bullet sponge :pac:

thanks for letting me in there for the end. took me a few rounds just to understand what was going on :P It wasn't that hard at the end I thought, no crazy mobs to deal with like Phogoth for example.

That final boss is actually a cake walk once you figure out the portals, especially when everyone has full rocket launchers and you realise that your supers and grenades recharge after 2 seconds(golden gun is epic for this battle), compared to the Templar and the bit just before it with the Gatekeeper.

Not really looking forward to trying this on hard though, team wipes when one person is killed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Team wipes when one person is killed? That's madness. I really want to get into the rest of the mission now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Loving the exotic auto rifle I bought off Xur for 23 coins. It really shines in multiplayer.

29defpc.jpg

Got 23 coins on Sunday morning. Skipped along to Xur and he was gone. The desolation was complete. How long does he hang around?
    I did get an exotic helm from him earlier which is probably the best headgear in the universe. I know this 'cos it made a level 29 jealous but really raging I missed that auto rifle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Congrats on my the raid lads. Fair play !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well done to the lads in the PS4 Clan on the raid, impressive stuff.

After being away for the weekend, I can't wait to get stuck in again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hope to get on that Raid sometime this coming weekend - hopefully there will be some other clan members with the same thoughts. Need to get to level 26 first though, been stuck on 25 for AGES. need to go grinding for some spirit blooms and ascendent shards... damn you bungie and your irritating grind....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

+1 on the Auto Rifle from Xur. It's effective, but most importantly has a very satisfying 'pew pew pew' sound to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Where do we sign up for the next raid? Is there enough members for two separate teams?

Anybody on Xbox fancy doing the queens daily mission today let me know. I almost soloed it earlier but got killed by the last Psion and was not bothered restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody on Xbox fancy doing the queens daily mission today let me know. I almost soloed it earlier but got killed by the last Psion and was not bothered restarting.

Hi Emmet,

Yes, I'll do them with you tonight? What lvl and class are you now?

We could try and do the weekly aswell?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You should keep going back to orbit until you get the mission in Russia, bring a solar weapon for the shanks and an arc damage one for the boss. You'll have it done in five minutes solo and will have your legendary gear in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A few of us are after starting the Raid.

We finished up last night where we have to actually beat the first boss.

If I get any spare time I'm going to try and do some strikes so I get closer to getting my exotic weapon bounty.

Back on it again tonight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What level are you Emmet?

I should be able to do it tonight also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

logik wrote: »
    Well booo to that, I am on Xbox myself. Oh well, happy hunting.

Hey Logik add me I'm the same, work and missus has the TV but play late most nights.

XB1 = GT BeanBagJohnny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I was reading this guide for the Raid earlier, it seems like a pretty good one. Think it helps knowing what you need to do before going in to it, or even have a rough idea, as there's a pretty steep learning curve in all the encounters!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hpv07/a_guide_to_vault_of_glass/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Grayditch wrote: »
    First mission was to kill 500 hive on the moon. That took a while. Next one is to cause damage in the crucible with void damage. 3 points for a kill. 500 needed. Dying in PVP or PVE reduces the points.

Didn't know PvE counted, I'm doing this Bounty at the moment and on about 150/500, guess i'll just stick it out
    calex71 wrote: »
    Take a pal into rumble and get lots of kills on him.

I would have thought rumble would have the worst for this as there will be 4 others baying for your blood, best get 6 of you together and take turns each team doing their 3 bounties
    99% of hunters hating on Bladedancer for VoG on gamefaqs.co

It takes 2 people to take down Oracles, so go do that, that would be my advice to BDs, and this is the least you get for being so lethal in PvP, payback :pac:
    Not really looking forward to trying this on hard though, team wipes when one person is killed. :(

I didn't see that when I selected "hard" all i saw was the "enemies are shielded and aggressive" mod. Dunno if i'd have the patience for that :D
    Where do we sign up for the next raid? Is there enough members for two separate teams?

Use the clan page to send friend requests to people in the relevant clan (x-box or PS)

tok9 wrote: »
    A few of us are after starting the Raid.

We finished up last night where we have to actually beat the first boss.

If I get any spare time I'm going to try and do some strikes so I get closer to getting my exotic weapon bounty.

Back on to it again tonight :p

Good luck finishing it tonight, as your progress will be reset tomorrow. As I mentioned last night, once you get the portals figured out the boss is a cakewalk due to being able to spam supers and grenades.

Titans are probably the least useful against the boss, if you have a Defender they should be using Weapons of Light on Ward of Dawn for an additional damage buff, Strikers are good for last second saves on Supplicants using Fists of Havok so should be assigned to the home team.

Warlocks are fantastic all round, Voidwalker is great for boss damage spamming Nova Bomb, Sunsingers self resurection can be a team saver on both home and away teams.

Hunters are also reasonably good, Gunslingers should be spamming Golden Gun against the boss and is also useful if you have a wave of Supplicants bearing down on you, Bladedancers should probably switch to being Gunslingers as their super is useless against the boss and Supplicants self destruct making it too risky to use on them in groups.

Cormac... wrote: »
    I didn't see that when I selected "hard" all i saw was the "enemies are shielded and aggressive" mod. Dunno if i'd have the patience for that:D

It was mentioned in the interview with the first team to complete the raid on hard at the end of this weeks newsletter.

Hi Emmet,

Yes, I'll do them with you tonight? What lvl and class are you now?

We could try and do the weekly aswell?

I'm 25 titan now. What's you GT I don't think your in my friends list.

GT TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You should keep going back to orbit until you get the mission in Russia, bring a solar weapon for the shanks and an arc damage one for the boss. You'll have it done in five minutes solo and will have your legendary gear in no time.

Thanks for that. I thought it was a set mission each day for the queen.

logik wrote: »
    What level are you Emmet?

I should be able to do it tonight also.

Level 25 Titan.

TitianGerm. Send me am invite later sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Good luck finishing it tonight, as your progress will be reset tomorrow. As I mentioned last night, once you get the portals figured out the boss is a cakewalk due to being able to spam supers and grenades.

Ya I had a feeling it would reset. To be honest I don't mind that as long as we beat the boss and get a reward for it. We have one guy on Level 24 and I think one or two on Level 25 so if we pick up some armour that should help a lot in levelling up the team for the next time we start it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Cormac... wrote: »

I would have thought rumble would have the worst for this as there will be 4 others baying for your blood, best get 6 of you together and take turns each team doing their 3 bounties

Some maps are better than others but Mickeroo and I bashed out the bounties for head shots with ease last week, asylum level is not a good option for it though avoid that one at all costs. Will end up costing you points if doing the exotic bounty, most of the others though are great especially venus, I was constantly getting spawned near him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement