Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Warlocks are fantastic meh all round, Voidwalker is great for boss damage spamming Nova Bomb usually gonna die, Sunsingers self resurection can be a team saver on both home and away teams means you can die comfortably once per run through the gates which is a god send

FYP :P
    (well in relation to the final phase of the final boss at least, the rest was a blur as i was up down like a yo-yo)

I dunno if i'd be in any major rush to try this as a group of just level 26 players (especiaally given the freedom to nab decent gear we have from the Queens Bounties/Missions that we didn't have before). It was extremely frustrating as you'll see from the screenshots (GenericDreadHead), everything was either 1 or 2 shooting me and I was just wifflebatting enemies. Level 27 made a HUGE difference as did having Self Revive on my Sunsinger which is like the 3rd to last upgrade you get i think so it's pretty late

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Got this game like a week ago, got to level 10 as a Titan, enjoyed online but got bored of playing it by myself, as for the missions/quests, it all felt so repetitive so I've not bothered to play since, for anyone above level 20 does the game improve much then? Need some motivation to keep me interested haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm 25 titan now. What's you GT I don't think your in my friends list.

GT TitianGerm

Already your friend so :) Added you last week. I am a 22 Titan, should be 23 tonight. GT - Primatori

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hey Logik add me I'm the same, work and missus has the TV but play late most nights.

XB1 = GT BeanBagJohnny

Will do, no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    FYP :P
    (well in relation to the final phase of the final boss at least, the set was a blur)

I dunno if i'd be in any major rush to try this as a group of just level 26 players (especiaally given the freedom to nab decent gear we have from the Queens Bounties/Missions that we didn't have before). It was extremely frustrating as you'll see from the screenshots (GenericDreadHead), everything was either 1 or 2 shooting me and I was just wifflebatting enemies. Level 27 made a HUGE difference as did having Self Revive on my Sunsinger which is like the 3rd to last upgrade you get i think so it's pretty late

Yeah being level 28 as opposed to 27 made quite a difference for me after the first session as enemy damage is EXTREMELY high in the raid. Very difficult to stay alive at level 26 as Praetorians and Hobgoblins will OHK you and that 30 second cooldown will completely ruin your run, especially on the final boss if you go down in a portal. Even at that one hit is only barely survivable from them at level 27.

• Advertisement

Got this game like a week ago, got to level 10 as a Titan, enjoyed online but got bored of playing it by myself, as for the missions/quests, it all felt so repetitive so I've not bothered to play since, for anyone above level 20 does the game improve much then? Need some motivation to keep me interested haha

I've clocked up about 40 hours, of which at least 20+ were endgame (post level 20).

Send a request to the clan if you want to play with others
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Post you PSN IDs here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/118535/69117172/0/0

And you X-Box GTs here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/118535/69945709/0/0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The motivation is to grind out exotic and rare gear. I'm strutting round the tower now getting all types of respect from lower level characters that I just don't get in real life :)
    The game doesn't really change that much after level 20 though imo. I've the three classes ranked up to 20 (the warlock just about) but am still really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Didn't know PvE counted, I'm doing this Bounty at the moment and on about 150/500, guess i'll just stick it out

Hi Cormac,

To do the HIVE 500 Kills a very easy way to do it is to redo the level 2? first mission on the moon and let the Knight kill you after you kill everyone else. I did last night in about an hour.."..here comes the Hive!"

Hi Cormac,

To do the HIVE 500 Kills a very easy way to do it is to redo the level 2? first mission on the moon and let the Knight kill you after you kill everyone else. I did last night in about an hour.."..here comes the Hive!"

Ah yeah I breezed through that doing Moon missions (with some relevant bounties equipped) the Crucible part (which is what i was referring to) is a bit more painful as it just isn't indicative of my play style, but having changed back to Voidwalker, equipping a void rocket launcher and fusion rifle seems to be doing the job. I imagine this would be annoying to all hell if you were a Hunter as they don't have a void class.

Anyhow I'm gonna do my 5x Skirmish and 5x Clash and hopefully that will resolve it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you're bored by level 10 then then it might not be for you, apart from the raid beyond level 20 basically involves doing the same thing over and over to try and level up your gear. It is definitely better if you play with others though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Titans are probably the least useful against the boss, if you have a Defender they should be using Weapons of Light on Ward of Dawn for an additional damage buff, Strikers are good for last second saves on Supplicants using Fists of Havok so should be assigned to the home team.

The guide I was reading above said the Titan's grenades work great against the boss as the Titan can keep spamming them.

Ah yeah I breezed through that doing Moon missions (with some relevant bounties equipped) the Crucible part (which is what i was referring to) is a bit more painful as it just isn't indicative of my play style, but having changed back to Voidwalker, equipping a void rocket launcher and fusion rifle seems to be doing the job. I imagine this would be annoying to all hell if you were a Hunter as they don't have a void class.

Anyhow I'm gonna do my 5x Skirmish and 5x Clash and hopefully that will resolve it

Still pretty annoying for a Titan as the Defender subclass is pretty sucky in PvP. Got through it eventually.

Let me know when you are doing the level 26 Phogoth strike at the end if you want some help, bloody thing is as hard as the nightfall strike except without being booted to orbit on team wipe.

Still pretty annoying for a Titan as the Defender subclass is pretty sucky in PvP. Got through it eventually.

Let me know when you are doing the level 26 Phogoth strike at the end if you want some help, bloody thing is as hard as the nightfall strike except without being booted to orbit on team wipe.

Will do! :D

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The guide I was reading above said the Titan's grenades work great against the boss as the Titan can keep spamming them.

Everyone can keep spamming grenades, Titans have to rely on them though as their supers are useless against the boss. The Strikers Lightning grenade does around 4k damage and is definitely the one to use. I kept alternating between a fusion rifle shot an a grenade throw against him myself when I ran out of rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is it a known fact that I have the slickest looking guardian around, or are we still debating that one? :D

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is it a known fact that I have the slickest looking guardian around, or are we still debating that one? :D

*Equips Raid Shader*

.... yes .... yes it is :(

(we should have screenshotted the White Dance Party in the tower in hindsight)

I logged out of destiny right after the raid and it wouldn't let me go through the share factory to pull up any screenshots or even the last 1 minute of the raid :( Would of been nice to link it here, you'd all see how frustrating it is trying to aim that relic's super! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What's the handiest way to get Ascendant Energy?

I need another 8 to fully upgrade my legendary Scout Rifle, but haven't collected any in aaaaages.

maximoose wrote: »

I need another 8 to fully upgrade my legendary Scout Rifle, but haven't collected any in aaaaages.

You will randomly get an ascendant material from your first gold public event every day at the postmaster and all public events have a chance of dropping an ascendant material upon gold.

The daily missions will also give you upto 2 random ascendant materials at higher levels.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »

Do the daily story on a higher difficulty and it will give you ascendant materials, 2 at the highest difficulty or one at the second. No way to guarantee it will be shards or energy though.

Always do a public event every day as you will be awarded with one ascendant material at the tower after and there's a chance for one to drop during the event too. I use my other characters to get three materials that way and when they're leveled up a bit you can start doing daily story with them too and transferring any materials over to your main character.

This site is well handy for public events: http://destinypublicevents.com/

It's possible to do the defend the warsat ones with very low level characters solo as you can just hide behind the warsat and not actually fight anyone.

• Advertisement

Is anyone around this evening to do the level 26 weekly strike with my alt on ps4? Level 25 but have enough solar weaponry to blow everything off the face of the nexus. Add my psn TEQUILASHOT360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What Mick said but also work towards getting 3 characters to level enough to do a daily mission at 24, I got my exotic weapon and armor fully upgraded in no time this way. thats 3 guaranteed mats per character per day and with the site that tells you where and when an event is happening it cuts out some of the luck and randomness of finding one.

Is anyone around this evening to do the level 26 weekly strike with my alt on ps4? Level 25 but have enough solar weaponry to blow everything off the face of the nexus. Add my psn TEQUILASHOT360

Not around myself tonight, which is why I'm glad we got the raid finished yesterday, might be a good idea to give your alt the solar scout rifle we got upon completion. Having a solar primary weapon for the weekly, especially the nightfall would be a big advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Must get alts level after week reset.

But then they's the mmo trap where you spend each play session just doing the dailies for your alts.

Not around myself tonight, which is why I'm glad we got the raid finished yesterday, might be a good idea to give your alt the solar scout rifle we got upon completion. Having a solar primary weapon for the weekly, especially the nightfall would be a big advantage.

You got a solar primary weapon last night?! God damn I was starting to believe they didn't exist! I didn't get anything upon completion except a shader and 2 energy.

You got a solar primary weapon last night?! God damn I was starting to believe they didn't exist! I didn't get anything upon completion except a shader and 2 energy.

Yeah, haven't tried it yet, but I like handcannons and scout rifles so I should find it useful. Thought we all got one though. Elemental primary weapons only drop as raid rewards at the moment, so there aren't too many around yet.
    323604.png

Surprised it's only a legendary, thought all elemental primaries would be exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So far I've tried the raid twice and both times people had to leave before we beat the final guy, while everyone else was getting armour and stuff all I've gotten so far is ascended energy/shards and a legendary heavy machine gun.

I want raid armour dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know when the next patch is been pushed to change the engram and crypach process ?
    Oh and I've four a new loot cave to :)

(NEW) Destiny: Amazing Looting / Farming Location…:

http://youtu.be/a-axSKEwka8

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    So far I've tried the raid twice and both times people had to leave before we beat the final guy, while everyone else was getting armour and stuff all I've gotten so far is ascended energy/shards and a legendary heavy machine gun.

I want raid armour dammit!
    That was what I kept getting throughout the raid, even from the chests, until we beat the final boss and was given that sweet scout rifle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement