Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I hate this game. They really fvcked us over in every aspect. Variety is non-existant. Challenge is non-existant. The story has been stripped to its bare bones with no urgency or outcome through the whole plot.

Why grind for the weapons/armor? So you can use it to grind some more. Even the bounties are lazy. These could be infinite in terms of challenges with different weapons and ways to kill the enemies, but they seem to stick with repeating the same few over and over again.

An xbox arcade game: Gotham imposters has more features and game modes than pvp on this.

I did pump many hours into it and will likely continue as it does have an addicting nature and the combat is satisfying, but my god, there was such huge potential ignored its almost criminal.

Imagine the chance to craft your own ship and armour. Even your own missions. The world is there but they made it extremely limited. This is why I hate it. They made it like this to exploit the dlc market and this is a very worrying sign for the new generation.

Fvck you very much bungie and activision.

Was just thinking about this earlier while watching a stream of the new borderlands, I've mentioned several times here similar issues as you, but while watching that stream I immediately thought that the grimoire score in destiny should have been like bad ass points in borderlands, and actually given you something. It's as if they wanted the game to be as simple as basic as possible.

You use the word 'lazy' and for me that fits it perfectly, they will come back with the defence it's a 10 year game and we'll add more etc etc but 1st impressions last and I'll not be buying another destiny game. There is just so much where you feel common sense seems to have gone out the window like leaving out match making for most of the games modes, I can get that raids need co-ordination but ffs thats my call to make I'd like an option to play the game with people. Then there is the clans, a 3 year old could have told them that in order to be usful they should be visible in game, last one I played with a clan system was GTA 5 and in that i didn't need to add a single person from the clan to my friends list in order to play a game with them or see who was online.

The story was an absolute insult. Not only that they didn't flesh out anything they did reveal , I'm f'd if I'm reading through 100's of grimoire cards on their web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I've just had the bastion map 3 games in a row ffs

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've just had the bastion map 3 games in a row ffs

I keep getting the moon strike over and over again. Sick to death of phogoth the untamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It really is a case of "Keep playing the same bits over and over, while we prepare some new stuff... which you'll also have to pay for."

But I still like this game. Pure carrot on a stick stuff, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Grayditch wrote: »
    It really is a case of "Keep playing the same bits over and over, while we prepare some new stuff... which you'll also have to pay for."

But I still like this game. Pure carrot on a stick stuff, though.

Sounds just like an MMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Well, I called it last week. Preparing for a Raid last night, chatting to a mate, swapping out my loadout, hit the wrong button (muli-tasking ftw) and junked my favourite gun. An almost fully ranked up legendary solar fusion rifle :( Literally stunned into silence for 2 minutes.
    I'll buy it back but there's a week plus of vanguard marks down the drain and having to level it up again. There really should be a way of protecting gear from my stupidity.

That said the Raid was lots of fun. Only played through one boss but got 9 ascendant shards which is going to rank me up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Bohrio wrote: »
    yeah that happened to me 4 times.

Just today I got 5 legendary engrams, none of them turn out to be legendary, all rare... weird

Are you farming them or where are you getting 5 legendary engrams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Also anyone thinking of keeping their Engrams until the patch is released next week in the hope that they will be guaranteed better items... think again. Below is taking from Bungie:

Also, Legendary Engrams in your inventory will be demoted to Rare ones once the patch goes live, so Bungie suggests you get these decoded while you can. "But let's be honest - even if you don't, we all know they were blues already," the developer said.

tbZNZnK.jpg

Stolen from reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PharcydeXP

logik wrote: »
    You going to join the clan?

Member since day 1! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I hate this game. They really fvcked us over in every aspect. Variety is non-existant. Challenge is non-existant. The story has been stripped to its bare bones with no urgency or outcome through the whole plot.

Why grind for the weapons/armor? So you can use it to grind some more. Even the bounties are lazy. These could be infinite in terms of challenges with different weapons and ways to kill the enemies, but they seem to stick with repeating the same few over and over again.

An xbox arcade game: Gotham imposters has more features and game modes than pvp on this.

I did pump many hours into it and will likely continue as it does have an addicting nature and the combat is satisfying, but my god, there was such huge potential ignored its almost criminal.

Imagine the chance to craft your own ship and armour. Even your own missions. The world is there but they made it extremely limited. This is why I hate it. They made it like this to exploit the dlc market and this is a very worrying sign for the new generation.

Fvck you very much bungie and activision.

I think this is why most people dislike the game, im fairly pissed off by it considering the price i paid for the game 75 euro and i got the dlc pass, and fair enough i paid zero attention to this game didnt even try get into the beta but considering it was from bungie i expected some great sci fi shooter story line and some cool stuff like we had in halo, what i did not expect was zero story, dinkle bot's uninterested voice acting, every single mission being hold square to scan, i could tell you but i wont story lines, and below f2p quality missions. The games devoid of passion. The only reasson il play it is i enjoy doing pve with people on strikes and the pvp can be fun at times. But i feel a bit ripped off consider the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

m.ign.com/articles/2014/09/29/was-this-the-original-storyline-for-destiny

I remain hopefull that an expansion to the game will see the story progress from where it currently is - as it is all way to vague. The Speaker is just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Right here we go:
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there only going to be 1 raid per dlc and 1 for the base game or will they be developing more for the base game?

I think there is at least 1 per DLC yes, so 3 total, but it would make sense that there would be 4, one for each race, we've already had Vex, the House of Wolves will obviously be Fallen and I think the Dark Below will 90% be Hive.
    Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok, is it just me or has something changed recently?

It's not just you, we're on major patch 2 at the moment with 3 incoming
    I hate this game. They really fvcked us over in every aspect.

Every aspect? Or just your perceived value for money? I'm sure if you sell or return the game you'll find yourself a mere €20 down on retail meaning you more than likely got at least €2 per hour of gaming, far cheaper than renting a movie, a trip to the cinema or buying some pints. If you don't like it, just cut your losses, it's not for everyone, surely anyone who played an MMO had warning lights going off

Ah come on now, let's not be silly :confused:
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Just saw the TV ad for this, looks moronic.

Thanks for your 2 cents :rolleyes:
    calex71 wrote: »
    I immediately thought that the grimoire score in destiny should have been like bad ass points in borderlands

Yeah that would have been a sweet move
    Then there is the clans, a 3 year old could have told them that in order to be usful they should be visible in game, last one I played with a clan system was GTA 5 and in that i didn't need to add a single person from the clan to my friends list in order to play a game with them or see who was online.

Yeah thats a real pain, tbh without the PS chat room we'd be lost (*cough cough, you're welcome cough cough* ;)
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Well, I called it last week. Preparing for a Raid last night, chatting to a mate, swapping out my loadout, hit the wrong button (muli-tasking ftw) and junked my favourite gun........There really should be a way of protecting gear from my stupidity.

Ummmm, well you have to hold don't the junk button for longer for Purples and Exotics, like a full 4-7 seconds, so I don't know what more you wanted here, it even took me ages to abandon and exotic bounty (f**ked if i'm doing that Pulse Rifle one)
    That said the Raid was lots of fun. Only played through one boss but got 9 ascendant shards which is going to rank me up

Ha, all i got was 3 for finishing it, f**k you RNG! :pac:
    The Speaker is just odd.

"I could tell you why the Speaker is not Odd.... I could tell you about the story... I could explain all of this...." *stops talking and leaves* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I find it very strange that someone would say in one sentence that they hate this game. And the. Say that they will likely continue to play it. Why bother doing something you hate?

I'm finding myself having way more fun than I thought I would. I'm about 26 hours in and have only started to understand some of the systems. I now know not to bother waiting on engrams to get new gear and weapons. There is no need to rely on luck in this game. I can just buy exactly what I need. Thankfully I really enjoy the Crucible so I have lots of Crucible Marks and a just shy of Rep level 2. Once I have that unlocked I can afford two pieces of Legendary Armour.

Then I just need a few more Strange Coins and I can afford an Exotic weapon from Xur. The game just makes much more sense to me know.

Also I know that by continuing to do Strikes it ups your Strike level. This in turn will increase the chance of certain items dropping. I had no idea any of this existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

m.ign.com/articles/2014/09/29/was-this-the-original-storyline-for-destiny

That's a pity. That sounds like a kickass story with a good twist.

Although, I still think the Speaker is fishy. I reckon there'll be a big twist in the DLCs.

Then I just need a few more Strange Coins and I can afford an Exotic weapon from Xur. The game just makes much more sense to me know.

Don't bother.... wait till this Friday and buy whatever pieces on Exotic Armour Xur has for you class. It's WAY better value for money (23 coins instead of like 33) as you don't (at least i don't) get Exotic Armour most other ways. But you'll get plenty Exotic Bounties and Weapons via other means (I've gotten 3 bounties and 1 from a purple engram, so 4 total, though i thrashed the bounty for the exotic scout rifle as it involved doing 25 strikes and I don't use scout rifles).

Once you've bought the Exotic Armour from Xur, then go by whatever 2 Purple pieces of armour you want, so if he gives you a chest piece, go buy a set of boots and gauntlets - Boom, instant level 25/26

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is there anything better to spend motes of light on than the exotic engram from Xur?

I have 25 motes at the minute, didn't bother buying the helmet engram at the weekend as it's a bit of a gamble - but what else can they be spent on?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ha, all i got was 3 for finishing it, f**k you RNG! :pac:

There was me being disappointed. Helps to play with people that play it to death :) They showed me three chests in the game we were playing and that's where I got them. Come to think of it might have got 12 as I think I got three when the boss went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ummmm, well you have to hold don't the junk button for longer for Purples and Exotics, like a full 4-7 seconds, so I don't know what more you wanted here, it even took me ages to abandon and exotic bounty (f**ked if i'm doing that Pulse Rifle one)

Maybe he expected what a million RPG's have, which is an item lock feature. Honestly, it's not that hard to junk an item you weren't supposed to, it's happened to a few people I know when they were doing a few in a row.

I know you want to defend this game and all, but this is a valid criticism.

.ak wrote: »
    That's a pity. That sounds like a kickass story with a good twist.

Although, I still think the Speaker is fishy. I reckon there'll be a big twist in the DLCs.

Era kind of seems like a conspiracy built on a house of cards, this story sounds really no better, and tbh it seems more like a lame tribal type effort and not so much akin to a grand space opera. But that's just my opinion. Going on a deleted reddit post and an early screen grab is thin evidence

• Advertisement

Just to take a quick break from the b1tching, a big thanks for Cormac... for contributing up his own time to organise all the clan, chat groups and general help for all the n00bs. I think he's made it a lot more enjoyable experience for a lot of players - did for me anyway!

Come to think of it might have got 12 as I think I got three when the boss went down.

Thats probably it alright
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Maybe he expected what a million RPG's have, which is an item lock feature.

I guess that would be a good idea tbh
    maximoose wrote: »
    Is there anything better to spend motes of light on than the exotic engram from Xur?

Feck all, i'm just saving them like a squirrel, there will be something land in like April 2015 and I'll be here, grey-bearded, going "See hahaha I knew i should have waited, you all said i was mad!" :)

Speaking of exotic armour I do like the route of getting it through your faction. Just got to level 2 dead orbit and once you hit that point it's easy enough to rack up the crucible marks (skirmish ftw). Should have my second piece of armour this evening.

EDIT: meant legendary armour

Speaking of exotic armour I do like the route of getting it through your faction. Just got to level 2 dead orbit and once you hit that point it's easy enough to rack up the crucible marks (skirmish ftw). Should have my second piece of armour this evening.

I really should have this figured out but
    - how do you join another faction?
    - does it mean you can no longer use your vanguard gear?
    - do you lose your vanguard marks? (not a big issue)

Dead Orbit sounds way cooler than Vanguard

Just to take a quick break from the b1tching, a big thanks for Cormac... for contributing up his own time to organise all the clan, chat groups and general help for all the n00bs. I think he's made it a lot more enjoyable experience for a lot of players - did for me anyway!

Tried to find a decent "Aw Shucks" Gif, and couldn't so this comment will have to do instead :pac:

Get to level 20
    Go visit the factions in the tower
    Buy their class specific item (cloak, bond, banner) for glimmer and equip it
    Your XP for Vanguard, Crucible and bounties (for both) go towards your Faction XP
    So basically you get double XP (well if you play an even amount of PvE and PvP like I do), but it's a kind of trade off against how much you got for the 1st two while getting to level 20. My advice is get in a bed with a faction right at level 20 and just hammer straight to Rank 3 with them

BTW Crucible Marks and Vanguard Marks you still get even while working for a faction, in fact you still need these as faction currency, so for example, i'm level 3 with Dead Orbit, a pair of boots cost me 40 (i think) crucible marks

You can use any mix of any gear you got from any source, all that matters is where your XP goes towards, and i'm talking level 20+ here so as you know there is no "standard" killing guys XP, the main XP is from bounties, completing daily and weekly stuff and seeing out a strike or PvP match

EDIT also when you get to level 3 with a faction you get some postmaster goodies, I got some Ascent Mats, a Purple Engram and a Blue Engram or something like that, it was 2am and I was in Auto Pilot

Woah woah woah, you get Yellow Exotics from your Faction? I only get Purple Legendaries :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

So I finished the story last night... or so I thought. Did the last mission on Mars (Black Garden, right?) and just after I had killed the last of the coming to life stone statues I got a small "error connecting to destiny servers" message on the bottom of the screen... it goes away and I'm still bouncing around with the other guy on my fireteam no problem, then it comes up again, then disappears again, still all ok...

Then the mission end timer counts to zero and the loadign screen comes up. Queue me being put back to Mars Orbit on my own while the other dude in my fireteam gets the end game cut scene and gets a gun for his troubles. I got nothing! :confused:

I checked the map and the mission is marked as complete. So my question is, if you complete a mission again do you get to see the cut scene at the end of it? Do you get the same reward that you should have? Or will I just now never get the strangers rifle with this character??!

You just buy one of the cloaks/marks/whatever and equip it, whenever you do your vanguard rep will go towards the faction instead.

I'm not sure, afaik it's only the cloak/mark/fabricy things that enable the faction, not the gear.

No, you still get vanguard marks anyway, just no reputation.

• Advertisement

You only get the strangers rifle gun once. When I unlocked it it was only a level 16 so you're not missing much - it's good but not a legendary or anything.
    It's not like missing out on the auto rifle Xur was handing out this weekend. (I'm never getting over that)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement