Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    Woah woah woah, you get Yellow Exotics from your Faction? I only get Purple Legendaries :confused:

Sorry, I meant legendary. Typo on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dar83 wrote: »
    So I finished the story last night... or so I thought. Did the last mission on Mars (Black Garden, right?) and just after I had killed the last of the coming to life stone statues I got a small "error connecting to destiny servers" message on the bottom of the screen... it goes away and I'm still bouncing around with the other guy on my fireteam no problem, then it comes up again, then disappears again, still all ok...

Then the mission end timer counts to zero and the loadign screen comes up. Queue me being put back to Mars Orbit on my own while the other dude in my fireteam gets the end game cut scene and gets a gun for his troubles. I got nothing! :confused:

I checked the map and the mission is marked as complete. So my question is, if you complete a mission again do you get to see the cut scene at the end of it? Do you get the same reward that you should have? Or will I just now never get the strangers rifle with this character??!

You will get the cutscene if you play the mission again. Don't worry if you don't get the strangers pulse rifle as its not very good.

Strangers rifle got dismantled as soon as I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

logik wrote: »
    Are you farming them or where are you getting 5 legendary engrams?

No, not farming, just doing missions and public events.

I have to say it was unusual, normally I wouldnt get this amount of engrams

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You only get the strangers rifle gun once. When I unlocked it it was only a level 16 so you're not missing much - it's good but not a legendary or anything.
    It's not like missing out on the auto rifle Xur was handing out this weekend. (I'm never getting over that)

Yeah, to make matters worse, I was going tit-for-tat against someone on PvP and just as I thought I was gonna top the server he got a nail-in-the-coffin kill on me as we exchanged fire, I was pretty accurate but his rifle just seemed better and more effective.. Ran up to my ghost and started squatting on my corpse. As I looked closely I noticed he had that auto-rifle.... Fuuuuuuuuu!

• Advertisement

Actually, how does that work, can you or will you ever come across that rifle again in the game? Or is that it? Only the people who bought it at the time get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    Actually, how does that work, can you or will you ever come across that rifle again in the game? Or is that it? Only the people who bought it at the time get it?

Sure Xur who knows? :o

Just in case this hasnt been posted, a bit too late IMO... but better late than never???

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 
    Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
    Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
    Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
    Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
    Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
    Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can possibly get it in a drop or a reward in PvP or strikes but it would be rare.
    Saw a youtube video on it this morning and want so bad
    I just know Xur is going to have an exotic sniper this week as I already have one (until I junk it by mistake ffs)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still available from engrams and that, so pure luck basically. Wouldn't be surprised if Xur will have it again down the line, there's only so many exotic weapons sure he's bound to start selling the same ones again eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Speaking of exotic armour I do like the route of getting it through your faction. Just got to level 2 dead orbit and once you hit that point it's easy enough to rack up the crucible marks (skirmish ftw). Should have my second piece of armour this evening.

EDIT: meant legendary armour

Yeah, I went with DO soon after I hit level 20. Very handy for legendary gear (if you play crucible..).

I just reached rank 3 with them and got a nice surprise via the postmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just in case this hasnt been posted, a bit too late IMO... but better late than never???

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 
    Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
    Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
    Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
    Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
    Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes
    Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

Do we have a date for that patch to drop ?

Also I haven't joined a faction yet, forgot all about it. But what faction do you guys consider the best or which one has the best gear ?

smokedeels wrote: »
    Yeah, I went with DO soon after I hit level 20. Very handy for legendary gear (if you play crucible..).

I just reached rank 3 with them and got a nice surprise via the postmaster.

Did you get their shader? I heard that's what you get when reach level 3. That'd be sweet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

Also I haven't joined a faction yet, forgot all about it. But what faction do you guys consider the best or which one has the best gear ?

I think you're better off getting vanguard and crucible to rank 3 before you join a faction, just personal preference though, plus you'd miss the achievement for vanguard rank 3 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

They're all the same really, as far as I can tell. Whichever one you think has the nicer logo.

Here is the link

Doesnt say when, it says next week and the post was uploaded 4 days ago so hopefully next week will mean this week

I have joined New Monarchy (titan) and Dead Orbit (hunter) and will join the other one (can't remember the name) when I am level 20 on my warlock, I dont see any difference tbh.

I got confused a lot, I mess things up with my titan and level up to rank 1, then changed to new monarchy and trying to level up as well, currently level 1.

I keep switching them so it is taking me ages!! I should stick to one (either new monarchy or no faction) and stop trying to upgrade both, but I want to get the rank 3 achievement for both.

Tbh they all pedal the same wears, there's no difference, but each seems to be represented by a different race, so I went with my brothers in dead orbit since I didn't want to be in an unclean faction, filthy humans

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Faction

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think you're better off getting vanguard and crucible to rank 3 before you join a faction, just personal preference though, plus you'd miss the achievement for vanguard rank 3 :P

You can chop and change, as soon as I got to Rank 3 with DO, I switched back to standard VG and C

I may check and see what my vanguard rank is. Crucible is though to rank up because I get kicked every second game.

I may check and see what my vanguard rank is. Crucible is though to rank up because I get kicked every second game.

TBH, if you're more than maybe 1/3 of the way towards either (provided you just hit level 20) i'd be surprised... FYI, only quick way to check is in browser, App or at the vendor

• Advertisement

TBH, if you're more than maybe 1/3 of the way towards either (provided you just hit level 20) i'd be surprised... FYI, only quick way to check is in browser, App or at the vendor

I'm level 25. Do on average 5 bounties a day and 2 or 3 strikes as well as the daily and weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

People should just stick to vanguard if they want easy legendaries. I mean even though the class specific items for different factions allow you to build rep quicker, collecting crucible marks is a hassle and a lot longer process than vanguard marks.

You can chop and change, as soon as I got to Rank 3 with DO, I switched back to standard VG and C

Yeah I know. Just takes a lot longer to rank vanguard up than the factions. Once you're high level doing the nightfall and the heroic at highest difficulty speed things up. Once I got to rank 3 it was a relief to be able to ignore the bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Once I got to rank 3 it was a relief to be able to ignore the bounties.

Same, I only ever take them on if I need to level new weapons or armour now. They really need to adjust their exp values. I mean 5k exp for taking 2-3 minutes out of your day to kill the fearsome level 3 Raksis while only awarded 2.5k exp for thralling around doing a patrol bounty that could take up to 30 minutes, depending on how much tennis missions they give you sending you back and forth between areas.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Same, I only ever take them on if I need to level new weapons or armour now. They really need to adjust their exp values. I mean 5k exp for taking 2-3 minutes out of your day to kill the fearsome level 3 Raksis while only awarded 2.5k exp for thralling around doing a patrol bounty that could take up to 30 minutes, depending on how much tennis missions they give you sending you back and forth between areas.

Unless it's a "kill some enemies" mission I ignore them, I'm not interested in a mission that will take me away from my chest farming run area :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Just to take a quick break from the b1tching, a big thanks for Cormac... for contributing up his own time to organise all the clan, chat groups and general help for all the n00bs. I think he's made it a lot more enjoyable experience for a lot of players - did for me anyway!
    Just a general question, but can you see other clan members online in the game somehow? I'm sick of trying to group up with randomers. I don't really have a lot of time to devote to playing the game, so I just pop on when I get a free hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I find it very strange that someone would say in one sentence that they hate this game. And the. Say that they will likely continue to play it. Why bother doing something you hate?

I'm finding myself having way more fun than I thought I would. I'm about 26 hours in and have only started to understand some of the systems. I now know not to bother waiting on engrams to get new gear and weapons. There is no need to rely on luck in this game. I can just buy exactly what I need. Thankfully I really enjoy the Crucible so I have lots of Crucible Marks and a just shy of Rep level 2. Once I have that unlocked I can afford two pieces of Legendary Armour.

Then I just need a few more Strange Coins and I can afford an Exotic weapon from Xur. The game just makes much more sense to me know.

Also I know that by continuing to do Strikes it ups your Strike level. This in turn will increase the chance of certain items dropping. I had no idea any of this existed.

The core mechanics of the game are some of the best I have seen making it fun to play. But the scope is tiny causing the players to repeat missions, quests and bounties ad nausium. It is basically the beta x3.

Just a general question, but can you see other clan members online in the game somehow? I'm sick of trying to group up with randomers. I don't really have a lot of time to devote to playing the game, so I just pop on when I get a free hour or two.

Not in game, you need to be friends, but I have 4 PS4 chat rooms for players of various levels that seems to fulfil this purpose. Message on PSN to add you: GenericDreadHead

• Advertisement

I just completed the weekly strike on solo and picked up a load of blue and one purple engram. Off to the Cryptach I go and bam an Exotic Chest piece from my purple.

Que 10 minute dance off in the tower to celebrate :D

I ****ing love this game :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement