Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Bohrio wrote: »
    Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

To me, this suggests they are lowering the drop rate of legendary engrams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Benzino wrote: »
    To me, this suggests they are lowering the drop rate of legendary engrams :(

No they won't. It means that any purples you have in your inventory now will be replaced with blue once the next patch goes live.

This allows for any purples found from then on to be a definite purple and a chance of a yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No they won't. It means that any purples you have in your inventory now will be replaced with blue once the next patch goes live.

This allows for any purples found from then on to be a definite purple and a chance of a yellow.

Yes it does, the over all rng chance won't change. If it didn't then your overall chance of a legendary item would be higher.

Varik wrote: »
    Yes it does, the over all rng chance won't change. If it didn't then your overall chance of a legendary item would be higher.

That's what I'm saying. But if you get a purple, as rare as that is you are garunteed a purple now and a chance of a yellow. No more blues from purples.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I just completed the weekly strike on solo and picked up a load of blue and one purple engram. Off to the Cryptach I go and bam an Exotic Chest piece from my purple.

Que 10 minute dance off in the tower to celebrate :D

I ****ing love this game :)

I might drop you an invite to come help me in the heroic strike if thats ok mate.

• Advertisement

That's what I'm saying. But if you get a purple, as rare as that is you are garunteed a purple now and a chance of a yellow. No more blues from purples.

You said they won't lower the drop rate.

logik wrote: »
    I might drop you an invite to come help me in the heroic strike if thats ok mate.

The weekly strike ?

Yea no worries. Its the worst strike in the game with the guy in the tank. Man he's a pain :(

You said they won't lower the drop rate.

Their not lowering the drop rate are they ? I thought that the rate that all engram's drop now will continue ?

The weekly strike ?

Yea no worries. Its the worst strike in the game with the guy in the tank. Man he's a pain :(

Yeah, he is a pain alright. You think that they should include loot drops from the bosses at the end of strikes? I mean some strikes can take 30+ minutes and you can often get nothing at the end of them.

Yeah, he is a pain alright. You think that they should include loot drops from the bosses at the end of strikes? I mean some strikes can take 30+ minutes and you can often get nothing at the end of them.

Yea I think it'd be fair. Maybe not all strikes but the harder ones the bosses should drop something. Even if it was just an engram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yea I think it'd be fair. Maybe not all strikes but the harder ones the bosses should drop something. Even if it was just an engram.

They've added that to the next patch. You get legendaries and ascendant materials off the level 24 playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The weekly strike ?

I'd take Tank man over Phogoth and his evil waves any day, at least you can cheese the tank guy from the pillar in the centre

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd take Tank man over Phogoth and his evil waves any day, at least you can cheese the tank guy from the pillar in the centre

I killed the tank guy today with one of the Cobal hover craft things. Just kept circling him and he couldn't hit me. Took about 5 minutes. I had to go back and get a second yoke though because the first went on fore from crashing into rocks :)

I was actually surprised I got through it solo though.

Are you on now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

yeah, its a real hollow victory when you get nothing. I did the phogoth one last night with 2 randomers, I was the only on who didnt die, got about 5 revives of the lads and I was the only person who got nothing afterwards. wtf like?:mad:

Are you on now ?

I wish mate, still in work until 5pm. I will keep an eye out for you later if you are on I will drop you an invite.

They've added that to the next patch. You get legendaries and ascendant materials off the level 24 playlist.

Well that is something!

I wish mate, still in work until 5pm. I will keep an eye out for you later if you are on I will drop you an invite.

Sounds good. Will be on around 8 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I have a few evenings free this week (missus is out of the country on work), so ofcourse like any reasonable adult male I'm going to spend the time productively and play video games.

Thinking of attempting vault of glass, should hit level 26 this evening. How long should it take to do? Like a couple of hours each evening?

• Advertisement

Their not lowering the drop rate are they ? I thought that the rate that all engram's drop now will continue ?

If they weren't they wouldn't be changing any old Engrams, and consider the huge increase we'd have in the amount of legendary and better if they kept the drop rate the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I've hit the wall. Really not excited to log in anymore. At 29 now and the only way to progress is through gear from VoG which is fine but getting the shards needed to upgrade it is too RNG at the moment and not worth the time investment for one level. 30 is not going to give me any advantage over 29 with the current content that's available and I'm really burned out with the current strikes. Going to take a break for awhile and might come back if the first expansion looks good!

Cheers to the lads in the PS4 clan for the runs, was fun and I'll be back at some stage for more! :)

If they weren't they wouldn't be changing any old Engrams, and consider the huge increase we'd have in the amount of legendary and better if they kept the drop rate the same.

OK. I just thought from reading the article that the rates would remain constant. Say 1 engram drop per 100 kills. Then spread that out and you get a 65/100 chance of a green, 32/100 chance of a blue and a 3/100 of purple, for example from that one drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Have a message from the Cryptarch at the Postmaster from leveling him, Think I shall be waiting until the patch to retrieve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

yeah, its a real hollow victory when you get nothing. I did the phogoth one last night with 2 randomers, I was the only on who didnt die, got about 5 revives of the lads and I was the only person who got nothing afterwards. wtf like?:mad:

I was doing skirmish last night (the only pvp games I don't get booted from constantly) and I only had one other guy on my team against 3 others, we lost 4,500-5000. Buddy boy there had like 3 kills and 20+ deaths while I went like 28 and 10 or something thereabouts and he is the one who got awarded an exotic primary weapon at the end, ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Have a message from the Cryptarch at the Postmaster from leveling him, Think I shall be waiting until the patch to retrieve that.

Same, that way if I get any legendary engrams from it I will actually get at least a legendary item or ascendant material from it.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Cheers to the lads in the PS4 clan for the runs, was fun and I'll be back at some stage for more! :)

Goodnight sweet prince!
    See you in December when the 1st DLC drops hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Cormac... wrote: »
    Goodnight sweet prince!
    See you in December when the 1st DLC drops hopefully.

Yep that's the plan! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »
    I was doing skirmish last night (the only pvp games I don't get booted from constantly) and I only had one other guy on my team against 3 others, we lost 4,500-5000. Buddy boy there had like 3 kills and 20+ deaths while I went like 28 and 10 or something thereabouts and he is the one who got awarded an exotic primary weapon at the end, ridiculous!

That is pretty funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Same, that way if I get any legendary engrams from it I will actually get at least a legendary item or ascendant material from it.

Bungie have said that any legendary or exotic engrave you have at the time of the patch will be changed to rare. So I'd use them if I were you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement