Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bungie have said that any legendary or exotic engrave you have at the time of the patch will be changed to rare. So I'd use them if I were you

I don't have any. I have a Cryptarch letter which has a chance to drop legendary engrams, it should still have the same chance after the patch as Bungie haven't stated otherwise about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't have any. I have a Cryptarch letter which has a chance to drop legendary engrams, it should still have the same chance after the patch as Bungie haven't stated otherwise about this.

Thats assuming that the engrams the postmaster has weren't pre determined the minute the award was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thats assuming that the engrams the postmaster has weren't pre determined the minute the award was given.

I think I read that it's only post-patch drops that will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally finished the raid, got Atheons Epilogue(autorifle) and Curiass of The Hezen Lords(chest piece) along with various Ascended Shards/Energies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I was playing story few days ago in venus i think and all of a sudden i cant find the next mission. Am i missing something? The story seems to have stopped dead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you have to be in a fire team to do the raid ? Or will they match you with other players ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I was playing story few days ago in venus i think and all of a sudden i cant find the next mission. Am i missing something? The story seems to have stopped dead

You might have to go to The Reef? Was it the first Venus mission?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you have to be in a fire team to do the raid ? Or will they match you with other players ?

There's no matchmaking unfortunately, hopefully it gets patched in.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Ah that's a shame. Still need another few levels before I try it.

Also what can glimmer be used for ? I just use it to buy ammo packs. But are there any other uses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

You might have to go to The Reef? Was it the first Venus mission?

Well all the areas in ve us are coloured brown ive done them but the story doesnt make sense. There was no cutscene. Theres a planet on the top but theres nothing to go to on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Trust me, you don't want matchmaking. If all six members of the fireteam aren't working in sync you will not get very far at all, as it is it took us 11 hours to complete the raid on the first run. If the same fireteam went in again I'd say we wouldn't have much problem completing it in under 2 hours.

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Well all the areas in ve us are coloured brown ive done them but the story doesnt make sense. There was no cutscene. Theres a planet on the top but theres nothing to go to on it.

Is mars accessible? Should be on the right. You had the cutscenes with the queen and her brother yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'm up to level 10. I had set this as my goal before teaming up with anyone as I didn't want to embarrass myself completely.
    So with that said thanks to those who sent friend requests my way I'll be looking to team up very soon.
    Loving the game. Soooo much to do and attempt to understand.

Also got this really nice shader for completing the weekly strike today.

It looks a lot better in game.

Trust me, you don't want matchmaking. If all six members of the fireteam aren't working in sync you will not get very far at all.

As long as there's game chat it would be fine, would be preferable to just not being able to play it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hopefully not, too much cooperation to be expected from randomers who'll unlikely get past the first boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Varik wrote: »
    Hopefully not, too much cooperation to be expected from randomers who'll unlikely get past the first boss.

Better to at least try than to never get to see the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I killed the tank guy today with one of the Cobal hover craft things. Just kept circling him and he couldn't hit me. Took about 5 minutes. I had to go back and get a second yoke though because the first went on fore from crashing into rocks :)

I was actually surprised I got through it solo though.

Thats the best way to do it IMO. I found that out over a week ago, I was so frustrated because the guy kept killing me from the distance and I couldnt figure out how to take him down without spending 30 minutes shooting at him.

I just got that completed in lest than 1 minute. Like you said just keep driving in circles until he is a goner.

It used to be even easier as you could shoot him from far away but they reduced the range of the missiles in hovercraft thingie on the last update

Finally got a legendary item out of a purple engram... 4th one today, 1 green, 2 rares and 1 legendary... However, it was a gauntlet and what are the chances that 5 minutes ago I had just bought one of the titan master guy..

That's 1 legendary our of 10 in the last 2 days.... can't wait for the update although I am aware I wont be getting so many purples then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

If you're doing the Nightfall this week, a couple of tips. For the last boss, you want to go to the left of where he spawns and jump down behind the stairs. There is a cubby space where you are safe from attack and can easily target the boss and other mobs. When he moves to the other end you can pop out and shoot him until he comes back to the original spot. Also, if you're in a group, if you die, it's almost better to quit out and rejoin than have the other team members running out to try and revive you. Hunter's invisibility is very handy for sneaking about and getting in revives if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Does anybody know can you do the weekly strike on all 3 levels and get rewarded for it. Or can you only complete it once?

• Advertisement

Does anybody know can you do the weekly strike on all 3 levels and get rewarded for it. Or can you only complete it once?

Yes you can but you also get the reward of all the difficulties below, so if you do it on the hardest difficulty you get it for all the level below.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Yes you can but you also get the reward of all the difficulties below, so if you do it on the hardest difficulty you get it for all the level below.

Perfect thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

You should keep going back to orbit until you get the mission in Russia, bring a solar weapon for the shanks and an arc damage one for the boss. You'll have it done in five minutes solo and will have your legendary gear in no time.

Has this been patched? I'm not getting the mission in Russia, tried about 10 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I was doing a mission on my level 15 alt on venus and ended up finding a group doing the first stage of Vault of Glass raid so I decided to help them (revives and standing on sync plates as I couldn't damage anything). Just before they got the door open I disconnected, I wonder would it of been possible for me to enter the instance and get the first chest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Benzino wrote: »
    Has this been patched? I'm not getting the mission in Russia, tried about 10 times.

I couldn't get it to work yesterday at all, today I had the bounty for killing the devil active and it came up first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

calex71 wrote: »
    I couldn't get it to work yesterday at all, today I had the bounty for killing the devil active and it came up first time.

Hmm, I'll try that so, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gandalph wrote: »
    I was doing a mission on my level 15 alt on venus and ended up finding a group doing the first stage of Vault of Glass raid so I decided to help them (revives and standing on sync plates as I couldn't damage anything). Just before they got the door open I disconnected, I wonder would it of been possible for me to enter the instance and get the first chest?

No idea, but fair play, anyway!

It's not like matchmaking would make playing with randomers mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Selfish post much ?:L

• Advertisement

It's not like matchmaking would make playing with randomers mandatory.

People playing with random would just be throwing themselves against a wall repeatably and then quit, ruining their own experience and the rest of the groups.

Bungie aren't going to add it as it'll taint a large portion of people's experience. They need to have better in game clan support so as with any other MMO people can find a group to work together with rather than getting stuck with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement