Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Bohrio wrote: »
    I tried public events, got one the first time and nothing on the remaining 15, no reward whatsoever .. :(

I think you only tend to get it for the first one, of each day, but I do think there is a random element to it as well, for anything after the first.

I have gotten shards on the daily story event every time so far. I think that it again only works for the first time you run it in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

wes wrote: »
    I think you only tend to get it for the first one, of each day, but I do think there is a random element to it as well, for anything after the first.

I have gotten shards on the daily story event every time so far. I think that it again only works for the first time you run it in a day.

Thanks, that might be the reason then.

I will check again today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 Things:

Raids with Randomers would be a terrible idea.
    Simply put it just wouldn't work, as Sniper said, it took 10+ hours to do. We can barely even schedule the required amount of sit downs between like 20 of us for this weeks one due to that (which I guess is kind of a case for matchmaking) but the thing is, it just requires far to much co-operation. Best way i can put it, unfortunately, is you won't understand until you've completed it, which I guess leaves anyone who hasn't tried it in the dark. But trust me, once you complete it, ask yourself "would i play this with randomers? If i did, would we be able to schedule a 2nd and 3rd sitting? would i enjoy it, or is it just rage inducing",
    If you don't have a good mix of Guardian types and sub classes you're screwed.
    If you can't commit 10 hours a week you're screwed (1st play through)
    If you don't have levelled purple and exotic weapons you're screwed
    If you don't have a plethora of ammo packs you're screwed
    If you're all level 26 you're screwed (we have several 27s and 28s)
    Different time zones? - Screwed
    Different Languages? - Screwed
    No Headsets.... thats's right.... screwed
    They could help a LOT by patching in the ability to join/invite/see clan members without them being your friends

Secondly regarding Levelling up the Vanguard.... don't fricking bother, Strikes around the early 20s are by far the most unrewarding time sink if you are looking to get purples/exotic gear. Best bet is a combo of bounties, faction class specific items, crucible (i don't care if you suck, it's greater rewards for the same time as a strike) etc.
    I've said it before, IMHO, get in a bed with a Faction right off the bat at level 20 and tell the Vanguard elders and the those 2 crucible handlers to go **** themselves. I don't even go into that building anymore cause they are all just a bunch of greedy b******s. The only time strikes are rewarding is about level 26 onwards when you have modifiers and end up with Ascent mats and so forth. If you are grinding random strikes playlists around level 20,22,24, you're gonna be a long time getting anywhere gear wise and Vanguard Rep wise

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just found out that by doing patrol missions you get 10 or 25 xp for your faction.

This seems great considering you get 25 xp for vanguard by doing level 24 strikes in the strike playlist.

Bounties and patrols for me from now on until I rank up my vanguard until I can buy some legendary boots and gloves :)

Yeah i find by doing about 8 bounties a day (which takes maybe 2 hours), you get there pretty fast as long as you're turning them in towards a faction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

redt0m wrote: »
    On a slight tangent here - I have the regular disc version on Xbox 360 and it has the flyer for the expansion pass inside. I heard that if you buy the 360 version and then get an Xbox One console, you can upgrade to the Xbox One version of the game for free before Jan 15. Does this apply to the game or just the expansion pass? If I get a One, am I still going to have to buy the game again?

Cheers
    As far as I know you needed to get the digital version from the store...
    Queen amors do not give ascendant shards
    Haven't tried since the patch.
    I tried public events, got one the first time and nothing on the remaining 15, no reward whatsoever .. :(
    "Guardians are rewarded with Glimmer, experience, and sometimes a rare material for Gold-Tier ratings, which are rewarded instantly. Guardians can also pick up an additional reward at the postmaster if its their first gold-tier rating of the day." I'm pretty sure I got shards the last three days I bothered

Cormac... wrote: »
    Yeah i find by doing about 8 bounties a day (which takes maybe 2 hours), you get there pretty fast as long as you're turning them in towards a faction

Do vanguard and other factions level up at the same rate ? Say both take 1000 xp to get to level 1 ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do vanguard and other factions level up at the same rate ? Say both take 1000 xp to get to level 1 ?

I cannot confirm this 100%, but I'm not going to let the facts get in the way of giving an answer so yes, yes they do. Provided by "rate" you mean amount of XP and not time required, cause f***ed if i'm getting the Vanguard to level 3, a handful of strikes a week is enough for me thanks!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Really don't get why folks are so against the matchmaking when it literally wouldn't affect anyone who didn't want to use it. The raids already have checkpoints, as long as they make a system that would start you from each checkpoint it wouldn't be a problem, you could play it at your leisure. You're just as likely to get paired with competent as you are incompetent players , plus the fact they're high level enough to even access it means they already have put time into the game and in years of online gaming I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've been match made with non English speakers. All non issues in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

And if you want to level up faster hand in multiple complete bounties at the same time as you get a reputation boost over handing them in individually. Handed in 2 Queens bounties last night at the same time, both individually worth 100 favour, and got 300 favour for turning them in together.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You'll rank a faction quicker than vanguard or crucible due to all your rep going to one place rather than two. I'm rank 4 crucible and 3 vanguard, they seem to stay at 2500 rep from 3 onwards and every time you rank up you get free stuff from the postmaster.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Really don't get why folks are so against the matchmaking when it literally wouldn't affect anyone who didn't want to use it. The raids already have checkpoints, as long as they make a system that would start you from each checkpoint it wouldn't be a problem, you could play it at your leisure. You're just as likely to get paired with competent as you are incompetent players , plus the fact they're high level enough to even access it means they already have put time into the game and in years of online gaming I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've been match made with non English speakers. All non issues in my eyes.

I guess if they implemented the checkpoints better it could work.... At the moment 1 player is responsible for storing your progress.
    Have you been able to try the raid yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

If you have no legendary gear you're guaranteed a helmet and chest piece from the queen's missions. Just keep going back to orbit until you get the Russia mission.

But where do you trigger the mission from? Is it on the left side on the screen while picking location?

And if you want to level up faster hand in multiple complete bounties at the same time as you get a reputation boost over handing them in individually. Handed in 2 Queens bounties last night at the same time, both individually worth 100 favour, and got 300 favour for turning them in together.

Interesting.... very interesting

logik wrote: »
    But where do you trigger the mission from? Is it on the left side on the screen while picking location?

You gotta do one of her bounties 1st to unlock the mission, then it's 1 bounty per mission available

I cannot confirm this 100%, but I'm not going to let the facts get in the way of giving an answer so yes, yes they do. Provided by "rate" you mean amount of XP and not time required, cause f***ed if i'm getting the Vanguard to level 3, a handful of strikes a week is enough for me thanks!

Then is the time involved to get say FWC to level 3 less than the time involved to get Vanguard to level 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

It's one thing to say that you might get matched with competent players, but if they refuse to communicate then it doesn't really matter how good they are.

We attempted the vault over the weekend with 3 high level players and couldn't even get past the first bit as they refused point blank to listen or communicate with us, there was no teamwork element to it- the 3 chaps all stayed together on one of the platforms which left the three of us defending the other two between us, and we bloody well held it too because we talked.

Then is the time involved to get say FWC to level 3 less than the time involved to get Vanguard to level 3 ?

Well yes, because of what Sniper just said, if you are turning in 4 Vanguard and 4 Crucible bounties with your faction item equipped all 8 bits of XP (50 or 100) got to one rank instead of 2 (i usually ignore the more time-sink or dumb bounties)

So you can put maybe 600 xp towards a faction a day, instead of say 250 towards crucible and 350 towards vanguard.

Well yes, because of what Sniper just said, if you are turning in 4 Vanguard and 4 Crucible bounties with your faction item equipped all 8 bits of XP (50 or 100) got to one rank instead of 2 (i usually ignore the more time-sink or dumb bounties)

So you can put maybe 600 xp towards a faction a day, instead of say 250 towards crucible and 350 towards vanguard.

Ah now I get you.

I guess if they implemented the checkpoints better it could work.... At the moment 1 player is responsible for storing your progress.
    Have you been able to try the raid yet?

With matchmaking I reckon the best way would just be to put you with different people every time you log on for each section. Had a go one night but only had 5 people and Me and calex were the only ones over 27.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    It's one thing to say that you might get matched with competent players, but if they refuse to communicate then it doesn't really matter how good they are.

We attempted the vault over the weekend with 3 high level players and couldn't even get past the first bit as they refused point blank to listen or communicate with us, there was no teamwork element to it- the 3 chaps all stayed together on one of the platforms which left the three of us defending the other two between us, and we bloody well held it too because we talked.

That's just the nature of online play imo and is no different to getting a bunch in your team who just want to camp the flag in ctf to farm kills or if you're doing a strike and someone goes off to do the chest run. Sometimes you get great team cohesion sometimes you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You gotta do one of her bounties 1st to unlock the mission, then it's 1 bounty per mission available

Ok, I have done some of her bounties so it should be available to me. Any idea of the bounty description?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got vanguard 3 easy enough, i just did strikes till i capped my vanguard mark limit and i over half way to rank 2, now granted probably included some daily crap, but it wasnt that hard to get if you just enjoy doing strikes.

also raid match making ! yea why not. Raids arent that hard easily doable with mic's once it replaces anyone who drops out, and please dont compare this game to an mmo. its nothing remotely like a mmo, its group content compared to an mmo is farcical its akin to one of those quests where you need another person to kill an elite mob in wow.

zero reason why you cant have match making for everything in this game its not as if the class system even requires a specific class type like the trinity from mmo's your all just dps fps guys with a special, the only reason its not in i would assume is like everything else in the game it wasnt finished or cut for some paltry content update. It will happen eventually, people dont buy console games and expect to be locked out content. Personally doesnt bother me to much i think more strikes with actual boss loot would be better than overly long raids, and some mechanics other than shooting things till they dont move no more would make this game much better.

or if you're doing a strike and someone goes off to do the chest run.

That takes a special kind of moron, kind of like the poor random guy i saw still shooting into the cave last night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I done a raid with randoms on my level 26 alt and we got up to the final phase of the last boss in like 4 hours. No one else had done it before so I was directing them and they seemed pretty competent, we only died like twice in the maze too, once being because someone thought it would be funny to lob a grenade a gorgon.
    There are plenty of forums with a lot more activity than this one with people looking for groups. A lot of people are dying to do it so if you give even a days notice of doing it you will get tons of replies and then you can easily just choose the best people through a quick creep on their bungie profile. I'm not too fussy on who I bring, I just go onto their pvp profile and make sure they don't have a KDR of like 0.2 or something terrible which would signify that they don't even know what end of the gun to hold.

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'm not too fussy on who I bring, I just go onto their pvp profile and make sure they don't have a KDR of like 0.2 or something terrible which would signify that they don't even know what end of the gun to hold.

But i get so many assists :(

That takes a special kind of moron, kind of like the poor random guy i saw still shooting into the cave last night :o

Hey now, we all had trouble accepting the loss of the cave, sometimes I find my self walking past it and it's not even on the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

@1:03

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really hope Francis never plays something like Dead Souls or he's going to get very confused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement