Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

3million hit points we're on heroic mode woooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

He's not wrong though.

Towel is being thrown in by me too later after I get my last class achievement. Already spent far longer than I should have at this.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Really hope Francis never plays something like Dead Souls or he's going to get very confused.

Has he though ? I would have thought Dark Souls would have been something he's made a video on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I have too much stuff to be doing to give this game the grind time it needs. I can still do raids the odd time. But I'm not running around doing patrol missions for vanguard points or collecting relic iron anymore. I'll still play some crucible too, but it's never ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Never seen his videos before. Was just struck by how confusing he thought everything was with the different currencies / factions. I mean it takes a little looking into to get the hang of it but it's hardly rocket science.
    That said, I only discovered how to join other factions this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Never seen his videos before. Was just struck by how confusing he thought everything was with the different currencies / factions. I mean it takes a little looking into to get the hang of it but it's hardly rocket science.

I still haven't figured out how to lean around corners :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Once I beat the Vault of Glass I reckon I'll take a break unless they add some new content.

I'm still surprisingly enjoying this even though I really should hate it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    I still haven't figured out how to lean around corners :L

Me neither, the $hits for COD players, I play Destiny like i play Doom.... badly and with lots of side strafing off cliffs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The thing is, his Francis character is just a parody of the average neck bearded gamer. Francis is his angry gamer talking sh!t to developers, but as himself (Boogie), he is a hell of a lot more measured in his assessment of games. He'll throw out both the good points and bad points of a game, and leaves it to you to decide to purchase/play the game off of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

And if you want to level up faster hand in multiple complete bounties at the same time as you get a reputation boost over handing them in individually. Handed in 2 Queens bounties last night at the same time, both individually worth 100 favour, and got 300 favour for turning them in together.

That must be just with the queen bounties then? I only get a normal amount when handing in mutliple vanguard or crucible bounties

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

tok9 wrote: »
    Once I beat the Vault of Glass I reckon I'll take a break unless they add some new content.

I'm still surprisingly enjoying this even though I really should hate it :P

For me I find the mechanics of the game are great so you always enjoy playing. I don't like replaying missions, but going on patrol and finding spots where there's crap loads of enemies is fun in itself. Like where the war happens near the old cave. Great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

I got the feeling he meant how unecessary they all were, what was the point of all of them, that plus there is never any explanation as to why there are factions in the 1st place.

I feel like I'm playing the bare-bones of the game, a year from now god knows what it will be like. I'm having fun though..for the time being.

Also this: "why was dinklage on sedatives when he recorded the lines!?" :D so true

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He is bang on that loot cave farming, or farming elsewhere, is more rewarding in terms of items than actually playing the game is. Should get a lot more, and usefull, drops on strikes.

If you are level 27+ on PS4 and online later, message me to join this weeks raid: GenericDreadHead on PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Boogie is a gas man, the Francis character hits a lot of true statements at the same time.

That bit about 19 different currencies in one small fortress actually made me LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Boogie is a gas man, the Francis character hits a lot of true statements at the same time.

That bit about 19 different currencies in one small fortress actually made me LOL.

He's really spot on about the whole Grimoire thing also.

Speaking of which, I logged on to the Bungie website earlier. They have completed redesigned the Grimoire section. It now says that the higher your Grimoire score, the stronger your guardian will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I do like how you can now see what bonuses from the grimoire cards you have active and a bigger list of the ones you're near to earning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The more I think about this game, the more it confuses me. Bungie have said openly they see this game as a ten year project. If we take a step back, how many of you will still be playing this game in six months time when there are other releases in the market. Truth be told, not many. Yes, you will have some diehard fans of the game that will purchase all of the DLC but in reality, a game makes most of its money in the first 2 months of its life.

From the outside this is a very shallow game, with little meat to get your teeth in to. We have openly said that after level 20, the game becomes so repetitive, it would make one’s eyes bleed. Big releases in today’s world seem to be about release timing more than about end user and content in the game.

We can use Battlefield 4 as an example, albeit an extreme example but there are many similarities. DICE were pushed to release the game before it was ready and in the end, the franchise has suffered. I myself gave up after 3 months, and the game is only now what it should have been at launch, a full year later. At that stage though the game has had its day and most of its players are already playing something else with no intention of giving it another shot. Many people will have traded the game in against another title, let’s face it, new releases are not cheap.

Destiny has run smoothly when you think of what it has to do but the content is just not there to keep people hooked for more than 8 weeks. Bungie saying they will be releasing new content in the coming months may be enough for some people but this is content that should have been there from the get go and not something that is added to make yet more money. There is just not enough to keep people playing away.

Destiny has its merits, I mean the game play is very very good, truth is, it is the one thing that is keeping me playing at the moment, but the content is very very poor. Playing the same 3-4 Strikes over and over or the same missions over and over is not really good enough. The worlds are plenty big enough to have some diversity, there should be alot more Strikes etc.
    Saying, “this new content will come” is not really good enough because by the time it lands most players will of already had enough and moved on.

Destiny had HUGE potential and should have been alot better than it is when it comes to the storyline and the amount of things to do but alas, it seems they wanted to get their title out before the “busy game” period of Christmas and as a result the end user suffers.

Did none of these things reveal themselves as possible game breakers in Alpha and Beta? This is Bungie after all or is it... God damn you Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Calm down there Charles Dickens! :D

Gandalph wrote: »
    Calm down there Charles Dickens! :D

Lol, sorry, I am annoyed after spending 45 minutes trying to get the queens mission on earth, but it kept sending me to Mars and Venus...

logik wrote: »
    Lol, sorry, I am annoyed after spending 45 minutes trying to get the queens mission on earth, but it kept sending me to Mars and Venus...

Do the mission you wuss, that Gatelords Eye ain't gonna charge itself :pac:

• Advertisement

Pick up the bounty for the devils archon and it will pop it first attempt.

calex71 wrote: »
    Pick up the bounty for the devils archon and it will pop it first attempt.

I have it, should I abandon the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea got my vanguard to rank two so splashed out on purple boots and gloves :) now I'm fully stocked on armour with a yellow chest piece and everything else purple.

Now to work on collecting helium filaments and relic iron so I can do everything up to its max before I need ascendent shards :)

Im level 26 now but once I start upgrading the armour I'm sure that'll jump to 28 quick enough.

I have it, should I abandon the others?

I would, unless you need both a Purple Chest piece and helm.

Also I agree with your points, I think it's more a game one might boot up every 3-6 months for a few nights over the course of maybe 4 years.

It goes like this:
    Get to level 20
    Grind to level 28-30 (depending on your patience for farming energy)
    Set up an Alt Character
    Rinse and repeat

Once you have 3 guardians averaging level 25 or so, there's not much incentive to keep playing aside from PvP (which I personally find excellent)

If i wasn't A) very active in the clan and B) trying to justify shelling out €500 for the console, game, DLC and headset. then i probably wouldn't be playing it this time next week.

I could see myself putting it down in a month or 2 regardless, just to try something new, definitely a great one for 3 players games night though.

Local co-op in Skirmish is the bees knees as you can screen poach your 2 team members :D

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea got my vanguard to rank two so splashed out on purple boots and gloves :) now I'm fully stocked on armour with a yellow chest piece and everything else purple.

Now to work on collecting helium filaments and relic iron so I can do everything up to its max before I need ascendent shards :)

Im level 26 now but once I start upgrading the armour I'm sure that'll jump to 28 quick enough.

Hold off on spending any Ascendant shards until you've finished the Raid, you'll need them more for Raid gear as it's essentially Purple+

I do need the helm and chest piece. I am level 23 and decked in Rare items head to toe including all rare guns. Still waiting my first legendary item.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hold off on spending any Ascendant shards until you've finished the Raid, you'll need them more for Raid gear as it's essentially Purple+

But do you not need to be level 28 to stand a good chance in the raid ?

We need to get some Xbox guys high enough to try this Raid guys.
    What sort of levels are we all at now ?

23 mate, but not one purple or yellow piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

22, and all i see are blues :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Myself and calex are 29 and a few others are around 27 I think. I'd fully upgrade your gear now and worry about upgrading raid gear when you actually have it. Shards and energy are easier to get at level 29.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement