Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

God damn disconnects, right at the end of the Nightfall strike and bam! ****ing infuriating. Why they don't cache your progress in these events in beyond me.

Yeah I'm baffled as to why they haven't addressed the server issues yet as looking around the internet there's whole groups of people who can't play certain parts of the game due to whatever way Bungie have set it up that seems to make it different from every other online game on the market. The issue only seems to be with certain ISPs too for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So I dont know if the patch has been released yet or not but I can def tell you I am finally getting legendary stuff out of blue engrams. Where yesterday I was only getting green and occasionally a blue one.

Also, I have noticed that I am getting more rewards now as well, already got 3 legendary weapons and 3 ascendant shards...

Great stuff...

PS: I am just about getting a legendary weapon bounty?

I have to finish the summoning pits doesnt say anything about having to finishing on any difficulty, I will report back with the outcome..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    So I dont know if the patch has been released yet or not but I can def tell you I am finally getting legendary stuff out of blue engrams. Where yesterday I was only getting green and occasionally a blue one.

Also, I have noticed that I am getting more rewards now as well, already got 3 legendary weapons and 3 ascendant shards...

Great stuff...

I have to finish the summoning pits doesnt say anything about having to finishing on any difficulty, I will report back with the outcome..

Did you get three options to choose from ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you get three options to choose from ?

Yes I had three bounties to choose from.. wasnt sure what was going on so I chose the first one.

I got a depleted hand cannon reward? I have to go to the bounty man now to check... maybe is nothing, I just never seen it before

Ah ok... its nothing, it is just an exotic bounty, now I have to kill 500 hive in the moon, I have heard of this before I just never got one, nothing new, sorry false alarm!

Yes I had three bounties to choose from.. wasnt sure what was going on so I chose the first one.

I got a depleted hand cannon reward? I have to go to the bounty man now to check... maybe is nothing, I just never seen it before

Ah ok... its nothing, it is just an exotic bounty, now I have to kill 500 hive in the moon, I have heard of this before I just never got one, nothing new, sorry false alarm!

I think the one you have is for Thorn. Its a hand cannon.
    I'm working on one now and the first step is to complete 25 strikes.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The exotic shotgun bounty was very straight forward, invective I think it's called. I have the thorn one too but still have a fair few strikes to go.

I think you are right. I just finished killing 500 hives and now I have to kill 500 (or get 500 points) by killing guardians in the crucible. So I guess that's it because is no way I am playing multiplayer, one of the worse experiences I had in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

PvP is probably my favourite part of the game...

.ak wrote: »

I enjoy it a lot but I'm starting to get a bit bored of the playlists now. Could do with a couple of new game types. Capture the Flag would be great,shame there's no Warthog equivalent to load up for a flag run though.

.ak wrote: »

Wish I could say the same. I need one mag to kill someone and everyone seems to have no problem in killing me with one shot.

I know it is something I am doing wrong but I just find it very unrewarding...

Also, I like rushing but I keep getting ambushed by people waiting for me to come through the door while they hide behind it, I prob should look at the sensor on the top but its short range so that means I have to move very slowly.

• Advertisement

Wish I could say the same. I need one mag to kill someone and everyone seems to have no problem in killing me with one shot.

I know it is something I am doing wrong but I just find it very unrewarding...

Also, I like rushing but I keep getting ambushed by people waiting for me to come through the door while they hide behind it, I prob should look at the sensor on the top but its short range so that means I have to move very slowly.

Quite likely fusion rifles one shotting you, they're very frustrating. It's not so much the power that bothers me but the fire rate, they shouldn't be able to get two shots off quicker than it takes to down them with an auto rifle. I've often managed to strafe the first shot only for them to get another one off before they go down.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Quite likely fusion rifles one shotting you, they're very frustrating. It's not so much the power that bothers me but the fire rate, they shouldn't be able to get two shots off quicker than it takes to down them with an auto rifle. I've often managed to strafe the first shot only for them to get another one off before they go down.

I think you are right, but I have also noticed this with shotguns and snipers. I takes me 3 shots to kill (at least) someone with my 248 legendary shotgun... not sure what I am doing wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just had a very frustrating game of Skirmish in the Crucible. A player on the other team had a weapon called Thunderlord and just destroyed everyone on our team. They ended with 28 kills and was just one-shotting everyone from a distance.

I think you are right, but I have also noticed this with shotguns and snipers. I takes me 3 shots to kill (at least) someone with my 248 legendary shotgun... not sure what I am doing wrong!

With the shotguns some have better range than others (some have silly long range but they'e going patching that apparently) so you might have to be very close to get the one shot kill, also the reticle needs to be dead centre. Sniper rifles are only one shot kills with a headshot, otherwise it's two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A player on the other team had a weapon called Thunderlord and just destroyed everyone on our team. They ended with 28 kills and was just one-shotting everyone from a distance.

I would have thought that wouldn't of been a problem for the Outlaw Josey Wales

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Great stuff...

Patch was released tonight - you would have got the update as soon as you started the game.

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Varik wrote: »
    People playing with random would just be throwing themselves against a wall repeatably and then quit, ruining their own experience and the rest of the groups.

Bungie aren't going to add it as it'll taint a large portion of people's experience. They need to have better in game clan support so as with any other MMO people can find a group to work together with rather than getting stuck with.

The ability to create fireteams easier is the single most important update that Bungie need to make.

In the roster page, there needs to be another column showing online clan members beside where it shows your friends.

You need to also be able to somehow flag what you want a fireteam for, some sort of setting where you show up as looking a group for Strike XYZ for example. Basically, we need destinylfg.com in the game.

Finally, public matchmaking is important for when all else fails. :)

Also, it's a pity there's no way to rejoin strikes - just got kicked out of one due to some sort of server issue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

How is everybody getting these legendary bounties? I haven't got a sniff of one yet:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How is everybody getting these legendary bounties? I haven't got a sniff of one yet:(

I was getting them more when turning in 3 or 4 at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

calex71 wrote: »
    I was getting them more when turning in 3 or 4 at a time

I turned in four Vanguard bounties together awhile ago and nothing. Just luck I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I turned in four Vanguard bounties together awhile ago and nothing. Just luck I guess.

Probably, still compared to their stats etc they are not worth the effort vs buying something from Xur for coins / motes. Ok if you had a character and guns that needed lots of levelling for the strikes/ crucible needed to get them, OK Xur might not have what you want this week but sure strange coins and motes are money in the bank for another time for him really.

Exotic Bounty = Magic Beans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I just got the invective shotgun tonight from an exotic bounty. As the exotic bounties go though I think it's the easiest of them. Just had to talk to someone for first part, do five strikes without dying and then get a k/d death spread of 25 in the crucible, took 7 strikes, and 3 games in the crucible. Last part cost me 12,000 glimmer to buy green ammo packs then the shotgun was mine. Shotgun seems pretty good. regenerates ammo, can be fired in full auto. does extra damage with last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good fun today, knocked out Nightfall, Weekly and first part of the VoG. Much thanks to all involved, managed to be less of a bullet sponge today.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,623 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dunno if this has been posted yet - but it put a massive smile on my face this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really need to get through the PvP legs of the exotic bounties before they patch the shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So didnt get on for long last night but at last I managed to solo the Kill Order, got my cheat piece and then I ran a solo daily heroic and got a new set of arm armor. 3/4 the way to level 25 now. Jumped a level and a half last night.

Will attempt to run the other kill order for the helm but i think it may be a little difficult.

@Emmet, sorry i didnt give you a shout last night, I wasnt on for long so didnt want to waste your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hit 27 last night after a few upgrades, happy to join you XB1 lads looking to do the raid!

Have 5 queens missions to do. Is there any point doing them once you have the helm/chest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    Have 5 queens missions to do. Is there any point doing them once you have the helm/chest?

From what I hear, no, not much point once you have what you want.

logik wrote: »
    So didnt get on for long last night but at last I managed to solo the Kill Order, got my cheat piece and then I ran a solo daily heroic and got a new set of arm armor. 3/4 the way to level 25 now. Jumped a level and a half last night.

Will attempt to run the other kill order for the helm but i think it may be a little difficult.

@Emmet, sorry i didnt give you a shout last night, I wasnt on for long so didnt want to waste your time.

No worries at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

With the weapons ignore the attack stat. It means nothing in PvP. Stats like impact, range, stability are far more important. Although for me I just take a weapon into the game and see if I like the feel. I have on particular auto-rifle I really like but in PvE it's waaaay below my level, but in PvP it's a stomper. Slow fire rate but a couple of decent headshots and you're laughing.

One thing the game has done very well is no two weapons are alike, in terms of handling, how they feel, etc. So really it comes down to comfort, but certainly perks also.

With PvP though you hit the nail on the head; you said you probably rush in too much. It's like any online game, you need to adapt. No point in every game being the same. You can cater your character to how you want to play, for example I use a Titan Striker with everything piled on Aftermath. So pulse grenades, aftermath and area damage on melee and a bonus for extra long aftermath and grenades. The idea there is I can rush into a room and dish out a load of damage and basically the room will be a death trap, long after I leave or die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement