Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Post-patch and already the reward system seems much better. Got a purple in PvP in my 2nd game and it gave me a purple, as promised. Only problem is it was a piece of my faction armor I already had! Boo-urns. Can I stick it in the vault for my alt when they get 20+, even if it's a different class?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep you can do just that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Slow fire rate but a couple of decent headshots and you're laughing.
    Yea that's the thing with Destiny PvP - you always need to be aiming for the head.

In terms of purple drops - I've never got one. Done a few strikes and a tonne of PvP and the best I ever get is rares. Do Legendaries become more frequent at higher levels (I'm at 22) ?

awec wrote: »
    Yea that's the thing with Destiny PvP - you always need to be aiming for the head.

In terms of purple drops - I've never got one. Done a few strikes and a tonne of PvP and the best I ever get is rares. Do Legendaries become more frequent at higher levels (I'm at 22) ?

Nah if anything they becomes less frequent! :P I got most of mine around level 21-22. I did pick up a load of them recently but pre-patch they all decoded to blues.

Are you on XB1 or PS4 dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Steel Oracle Z-11

ROCKET LAUNCHER

"I foresee fire. Fire and screams." "You would, mate. You're a rocket launcher."

Who write those things :pac:

• Advertisement

Nah if anything they becomes less frequent! :P I got most of mine around level 21-22. I did pick up a load of them recently but pre-patch they all decoded to blues.

Are you on XB1 or PS4 dude?

XB1 :)

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else having problems connection to PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have.

Wait until you get purple drops. They'll also turn out to be...
    blues that are worse than what I already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Post-patch and already the reward system seems much better. Got a purple in PvP in my 2nd game and it gave me a purple, as promised. Only problem is it was a piece of my faction armor I already had! Boo-urns. Can I stick it in the vault for my alt when they get 20+, even if it's a different class?

You can only give it to an alt if it says that it is specifically for that class. If it doesn't specify a class on the armour then it can only be used by the class that picked it up. So say if you were to start a Titan alt, you can only use gear sent over from your main that has "requires titan class" on it. Weapons can be used on any character you own.

Is anyone having problems signing into psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

PSN is down globally, for unknown reasons.

Sony are bloody awful at communicating these things.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wait until you get purple drops. They'll also turn out to be...Blue

Not since yesterdays patch they won't

XB1 :)

Dunno why I'm not getting any, it's frying my head that I keep getting blues that are worse than what I already have. :(

You're not getting any because you play on XB1 and you support Ulster mate. Them's the breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You're not getting any because you play on XB1 and you support Ulster mate. Them's the breaks.

They are very low blows! Nothing wrong with XO! Well I am loving mine anyway.

logik wrote: »
    They are very low blows! Nothing wrong with XO! Well I am loving mine anyway.

Ofcourse, I was only joking.... about the XO part. :D

Ulster don't win anything, as awec knows. Especially purples! :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Steel Oracle Z-11

ROCKET LAUNCHER

"I foresee fire. Fire and screams." "You would, mate. You're a rocket launcher."

Who write those things :pac:

Not a patch on some of the ones from Borderlands :D

Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever.
    Evil will be SMASHED!!! WITH SMASHING!!! EVIL!!! SMASH!!! ER!!!
    Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.
    E~MC^(OMG/WTF)
    If thou'st would'st snitch'st, acquire thine stitch!
    Makes Orphans Often.
    I like being a gun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    Not a patch on some of the ones from Borderlands :D

Did I fire six shots, or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever.
    Evil will be SMASHED!!! WITH SMASHING!!! EVIL!!! SMASH!!! ER!!!
    Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.
    E~MC^(OMG/WTF)
    If thou'st would'st snitch'st, acquire thine stich!
    Makes Orphans Often.
    I like being a gun.

In two weeks we'll all be drowning in loot again and the barren wastes of Destiny will be but a memory :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The funny thing about borderlands, is that I had zero interested in it until I started ready the destiny forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nearly got my Titan from 20 to 25 in an hour last night. Put on some legendaries gloves I got on another character, went done 2 queens wrath and picked up legendary chest and head, then went a done the heroic daily and get a legendary boot engram as a reward for it. Got all excited but when I decrypted it they turned out to be for a warlock. So close! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I haven't really been enjoying it as a casual player. Maybe it's my choice of class (hunter) - I don't really think the game is suited to a long-range playstyle (like Battlefield or to a lesser extent CoD would be). Does anyone else find that?

I haven't really been enjoying it as a casual player. Maybe it's my choice of class (hunter) - I don't really think the game is suited to a long-range playstyle (like Battlefield or to a lesser extent CoD would be). Does anyone else find that?

It gets a lot better when you get to higher levels. From 1->18 is pretty dull tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It gets a lot better when you get to higher levels. From 1->18 is pretty dull tbh.

I'm finding it almost the opposite tbh. At least levels 1-18 had a clear progression in terms of unlocking abilities and new areas. I'm currently Lvl25 and haven't played in almost a week due to having to replay the same strikes or missions, or constant patrols and other bounty requirements. The only thing the constant grinding does is grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,624 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

EDIT: *Wow - embarrassing....*

Can't wait to get this. Absolutely loved the first title, and FM5 too.

Wrong thread maybe? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,624 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wrong thread maybe? :confused:

Yep. For some reason I thought I had clicked into the Forza Horizon 2 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I'd classify myself as a "casual gamer" too. I put in an hour or so here and there. Got 2 hours I think in last night but thats not the usual.

I'm level 11 now and have been really enjoying it so far.

Theres a LOT of talk about the grinding in this game. So far I havent found that to be an issue as I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Sooooo much to do and see be it in the main game or multiplayer. Played a bit of multiplayer actually last night and started to get the hang of it. Its brilliant imo. Not as much twitch COD shooting. Closer to Halo thank god but not completely as there seems to still be a few weapons that can get one shot kills that arent snipers.

I think theres a huge amount of customisation I personally need to get my head around to get better at the game which will in turn lead to more enjoyment. Tbh I'm only now understand the likes of what goes on in the Tower, vangaurds etc..

Its not that user friendly at the beginning imo which probably puts some off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wish I had the time to grind as much as it needs, but it just seems like a tar pit to slow us down while they ready the next DLC.

Penn wrote: »
    I'm finding it almost the opposite tbh. At least levels 1-18 had a clear progression in terms of unlocking abilities and new areas. I'm currently Lvl25 and haven't played in almost a week due to having to replay the same strikes or missions, or constant patrols and other bounty requirements. The only thing the constant grinding does is grinds my gears.
    I haven't got to the point where that is the case yet but I can see that being frustrating.

• Advertisement

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/homepage.php

If you had to Pick 1 category (on the left) for Destiny to win, which would you pick:

Best Visual Design
    Best Audio
    Best Online Game
    Game of the Year

I'd probably go with Audio since there's no "Skyboxes" category :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement