Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Best storytelling clearly!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nothing outside of aesthetics anyway that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'd classify myself as a "casual gamer" too. I put in an hour or so here and there. Got 2 hours I think in last night but thats not the usual.

I'm level 11 now and have been really enjoying it so far.

Theres a LOT of talk about the grinding in this game. So far I havent found that to be an issue as I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Sooooo much to do and see be it in the main game or multiplayer. Played a bit of multiplayer actually last night and started to get the hang of it. Its brilliant imo. Not as much twitch COD shooting. Closer to Halo thank god but not completely as there seems to still be a few weapons that can get one shot kills that arent snipers.

I think theres a huge amount of customisation I personally need to get my head around to get better at the game which will in turn lead to more enjoyment. Tbh I'm only now understand the likes of what goes on in the Tower, vangaurds etc..

Its not that user friendly at the beginning imo which probably puts some off it.
    I have a lvl18 hunter and I'm just finding that I'm only sort of enjoying the multi player. But I keep asking myself why I don't just pop in Battlefield 3 instead? I enjoy RPG too, I find they're great for casual gaming - just finished Kingdom of Amalur ando thought it was pretty good.

I just don't see Destiny as a particularly good MMORPG or FPS. The problem is that I want to like it so much.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmm, have leveled the cryptarch a few times since the patch dropped and he's only been giving blues. Well played bungie.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hmm, have leveled the cryptarch a few times since the patch dropped and he's only been giving blues. Well played bungie.

The last 4-5 levels before the patch for me were all blues, RnG being its b*****d self. Not sure what it's like after but surely you couldn't of gotten him up that many levels since yesterday?

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    The last 4-5 levels before the patch for me were all blues, RnG being its b*****d self. Not sure what it's like after but surely you couldn't of gotten him up that many levels since yesterday?

3 times but across two separate characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Stupid game keeps putting me in strikes solo and I can't get a game in crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Mickeroo wrote: »

I've leveled him 3 times since the patch and got nothing but blues also.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone having trouble signing into the ps4 version? I keep getting a message saying "Use of user generated media is not allowed for your account" when I ignore it I get stuck in a loop trying to sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Anyone having trouble signing into the ps4 version? I keep getting a message saying "Use of user generated media is not allowed for your account" when I ignore it I get stuck in a loop trying to sign in.

I get this all the time. Just go to settings>psn>restore licences. This usually works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

how do you get armour for the crucible, im currently a lvl 10 hunter and getting slaughtered in the competitive mode everyone seems to have a big white line above them and its impossible for me to kill them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

spider_pig wrote: »
    how do you get armour for the crucible, im currently a lvl 10 hunter and getting slaughtered in the competitive mode everyone seems to have a big white line above them and its impossible for me to kill them :confused:

Thats you're Shield, if you look at the bar on the top of the screen when you are taking damage it is the 1st 2 notches to be depleted, you have it by default, so you're kitted out the same as other players. A lot of players by now will have a lot more crucible experience though so that might make it feel harder than it is later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Same here, tried restoring the licenses but stuck signing in. What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gandalph wrote: »
    Best storytelling clearly!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cdb wrote: »

same here, can see one mate on but no-one else. spent an hour trying to log on - resetting - restoring licences - changing parental controls. Taking a break and will go upstairs soon and shout at my ps4 to see if that does anything
    at this stage I just want something to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

cdb wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one, I tried Last of Us and couldn't get into multiplayer in that either. Seems to be some kind of problem with the network. Tried resetting the router and going through the network settings and still no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Glad I'm not the only one, I tried Last of Us and couldn't get into multiplayer in that either. Seems to be some kind of problem with the network. Tried resetting the router and going through the network settings and still no luck.

Just got back in - right after changing my dns entries to use Googles dns servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/71242827/0/0

looks like a upc issue affecting Ireland and the Netherlands
    Hopefully it will sort itself out by tomorrow because if Xur is in the Tower selling something wonderful and I can't get in, I'm going to go absolutely ******* mental

I'm having a nightmare trying to get online here :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Change your DNS to use google dns

I couldnt get on this or fifa and changed my dns and im on fifa now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

gimli2112 wrote: »
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/71242827/0/0

looks like a upc issue affecting Ireland and the Netherlands
    Hopefully it will sort itself out by tomorrow because if Xur is in the Tower selling something wonderful and I can't get in, I'm going to go absolutely ******* mental

I'm using UPC but not having an issue connecting tonight. I'll probably get booted now after posting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I can play the crucible no problems but I'm in the tower now and I'm the only person here. Creepy

Big Knox wrote: »
    :pac:

That video is truly amazing, but I have no time to tell you why, we've got to move

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

No online for me tonight either. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Got me the bad juju exotic bounty tonight, will try and stick this one through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was hoping to do some strikes with people on my friends list tonight but no one is around right now. Shame.

I was hoping to do some strikes with people on my friends list tonight but no one is around right now. Shame.

Yeh my friends list is pretty bare at the moment too, I'm guessing people are still having problems trying to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone add me on PS4..A1rblazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'm currently a lowly level 5 hunter on Xbox 360, and would be up for teaming up. Have been playing it solo so far, trying to figure out what its all about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What time is the second part of the raid going down?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement