Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

What time is the second part of the raid going down?

We will be starting early tomorrow, I think we have agreed around 7pm. We weren't able to continue today due to the psn problems some people were having.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'm selfishly glad for the disconnect problems then, wouldn't have been able to play :) Is our session on normal or hard? Would love to get the Vex Exotic Fusion..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

got on last night after doing that google dns thing.
    When I logged back in there was no icon on the XMB. My eject button doesn't work which I thought would be a problem but managed to eject the disc by using the eject option on one of the other game icons (Bf4)

Then the game started reinstalling all over again. I'd not deleted it 'cos a friend had said there was a chance you could lose progress so not sure how that happened. Only thing I can think of is I deleted it subconsciously while chatting to friends in a party

The relief when I saw my stuff was still there was unimagineable

Did the daily and nightfall strikes and got 9 coins and a legendary MG. So it all turned out well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've been ignoring the Queen's missions. What's the point of them? Just for queens armor/gear I take it?

.ak wrote: »
    I've been ignoring the Queen's missions. What's the point of them? Just for queens armor/gear I take it?

You can also rank up the Queen's Emissary (had to google spelling) and buy gear. The area is not always open. Was there for the first time yesterday but it's in between the bounty guy and gunsmith - some door opens.
    She's got pretty naff gear right now but boy will you be sorry if she's selling some exotic stuff for a short period and you don't have the rank to purchase it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can also rank up the Queen's Emissary (had to google spelling) and buy gear. The area is not always open. Was there for the first time yesterday but it's in between the bounty guy and gunsmith - some door opens.
    She's got pretty naff gear right now but boy will you be sorry if she's selling some exotic stuff for a short period and you don't have the rank to purchase it :)

She's up the steps behind the bounty guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm selfishly glad for the disconnect problems then, wouldn't have been able to play :) Is our session on normal or hard? Would love to get the Vex Exotic Fusion..

I assumed you were having the UPC issue too :pac:
    We're playing on Normal, Hard is for level 30, so.... will be a while before we can do that... getting 6 level 30 players will be tough as the only way to actually get to level 30 is by having 3 pieces of Raid Armour

.ak wrote: »

Specifically you get very good Legendary Helms and Chest Pieces (along with a low % chance of you getting a Legendary sniper rifle or Ship), they seem to be the 2nd best category of legendary armour after raid gear, so well worth doing IMHO

Cormac, anytime I picked up Queen's armour it was worse than the stuff I farmed out of the cave or picked up in random missions/strikes.

Only did a few of them though and didn't bother when I saw what I was getting.

Cormac, anytime I picked up Queen's armour it was worse than the stuff I farmed out of the cave or picked up in random missions/strikes.

Well fair enough, I was only going by the light rating as once the Queens bounties became available they seemed to have a higher light rating than my RNG pickups. And they appeared to be better than the rubbish dead orbit had et-al.

I guess they are worth doing if you're rocking blue pieces in those 2 slots, maybe not worth doing if you already have other purple gear so then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well fair enough, I was only going by the light rating as once the Queens bounties became available they seemed to have a higher light rating than my RNG pickups. And they appeared to be better than the rubbish dead orbit had et-al.

I guess they are worth doing if you're rocking blue pieces in those 2 slots, maybe not worth doing if you already have other purple gear so then

I dont know if Im missing something but I've NEVER gotten a reward for doing any of the queens bounties apart from the xp / reputation points. The emissary is only ever selling blue items. And I've never seen a purple engram drop.

I made it almost all the way through my first Kill mission last night solo, but had to give up as it was getting late - is there a chance of getting something here? I'm LVL 24 now, and I'd love to do the Raid over the course of a few nights, but it almost feels like the game is mocking me now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I dont know if Im missing something but I've NEVER gotten a reward for doing any of the queens bounties apart from the xp / reputation points. The emissary is only ever selling blue items. And I've never seen a purple engram drop.

I made it almost all the way through my first Kill mission last night solo, but had to give up as it was getting late - is there a chance of getting something here? I'm LVL 24 now, and I'd love to do the Raid over the course of a few nights, but it almost feels like the game is mocking me now.

You don't get the reward from the bounties you get it from doing a story mission which should be accessible above the dailies once you complete a bounty. They're only worth doing if you need a helmet or chest piece though, otherwise they're a waste of time.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You don't get the reward from the bounties you get it from doing a story mission which should be accessible above the dailies once you complete a bounty. They're only worth doing if you need a helmet or chest piece though, otherwise they're a waste of time.

thanks dude, I'll try and get a fireteam together tonight to tackle that so. I have zero pieces of Legendary or exotic gear so I'll take what I can get, wherever I can get it!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

thanks dude, I'll try and get a fireteam together tonight to tackle that so. I have zero pieces of Legendary or exotic gear so I'll take what I can get, wherever I can get it!

No probs, as I was saying to Emmetkenny before, keep going back to orbit until you get the mission on earth where you have to kill the devil archon, you'll have your armour within half an hour then. Boss goes down very easy with arc damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You on PS or XO?

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What level would you recommend before trying the Queens missions?

awec wrote: »
    What level would you recommend before trying the Queens missions?

I think they are 22, I'd go straight in there, even at 21 if you have a decent fire team.

Heck you could even do it at 20 if you keep going to Orbit until you get the very 1st mission in the game, killing Riskis, and just cheese him from the back of the room

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Xur is in the same room as the Vanguards. Go right as you enter.

Picked up a gun called
    Red Death
    and an exotic engram which of course is for a different class.

They're level 24 and have the Epic modifier on so lots of enemies have shields. There's usually a damage modifier on too, so arc weapons are effective the earth one, though the shanks have solar shields so watch out for that. You won't be able to access them if you're too low level, have a feeling it will let you once you're 22 maybe.

Picked up a gun called
    Red Death

What kind of gun is it?

Just googled it. Not sure about it but that bayonet looks awesome. Will certainly purchase

• Advertisement

What kind of gun is it?

Pulse Rifle. I'm pretty sure he's had most of this stuff before bar the hunter helmet.

They're level 24 and have the Epic modifier on so lots of enemies have shields. There's usually a damage modifier on too, so arc weapons are effective the earth one, though the shanks have solar shields so watch out for that. You won't be able to access them if you're too low level, have a feeling it will let you once you're 22 maybe.

Sorry yeah, i forgot they were 24, thought they were 22 for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What's the gun like ?

I have the 23 coins and have a exotic chest piece already so was going to get the gun.

Red Death looks like a decent one for PvP for anyone not already rocking a preferred Exotic/Legendary

Upgrades below
    • Accurized Ballistics: More range and impact. Increased recoil.
    • Aggressive Ballistics: More predictable recoil. Enhanced impact. Shorter range and more recoil.
    • Field Choke: More range and impact. Increased recoil.
    • Unflinching: It's easier to aim under fire using this weapon.
    • Upgrade Damage
    • Snapshot: Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
    • High Caliber Rounds: Oversize rounds built to stagger targets and leave them reeling.
    • Single Point Sling: Switch weapons faster. Move quicker while aiming.
    • Red Death: Each kill heals you and speeds up reloads.
    • Upgrade Damage x 4

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's the gun like ?

I have the 23 coins and have a exotic chest piece already so was going to get the gun.

I'd get it if I were you, I already have an Exotic Scout rifle so i'm on the fence as i never really used Pulse Rifles

logik wrote: »
    You on PS or XO?

Xbox One.

http://teambeyond.net/best-exotic-armor-destiny/
    symbiote helmet
    for hunters this week from xur, looks like I'm finally going to get my hands on something exotic! it has a pretty sweet perk as well for
    The gunslinger subclass - an extra shot from the golden gun
    definitely be handy for PvP too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xbox One.

I will run some of them with you tonight if you like, we can get you the helm and chest piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Picked up a gun called
    Red Death

What type of gun does he have? Not that I have the coins anyway.... need to start doing more strikes.

EDIT: Pulse, sorry just seen the posts now.

• Advertisement

Lads there no need for spoilers on gun and armour specs.... like seriously :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement