Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

BizzyC wrote: »
    Just started playing on the weekend, have to say I'm really enjoying it so far.
    Can see why some people moaned about the story line, but it's fun regardless.

Got myself up to a lvl 15 titan so far.
    Seems like it shouldn't take too long to get to lvl 20, but it really seems to take a while with gaining ranks.

Aside from the bounties and patrol missions, is there any better way to gain rank?

PvP and Strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm terribad at PvP
    Have three exotic bounties on the go and on the MP legs. The first two I'll get eventually but the shotgun one needs a 25 kdr spread. Played about 4-5 hours of MP over the weekend and my KDR spread is 1.
    Think I'll have to get a kill and then hide in a bush 'till the game is over.......rinse and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A group of us finally beat the Raid last night. I thought it was a load of fun even when we'd be getting frustrated at times.

For some reason the rewards for me was 70% Ascendent Energy, 25% Ascendent Shards and 5% Shader :)

So If I do it again I'll be hoping for some armour and more shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got up to the second boss in the raid last night, although we did use the cheap method of beating the first :)

The raid is so much more fun than anything in the story.

So will there actually be any new content before the DLC?

For a game that's been in development for so long, it seems pretty crap that they could only manage 1 Raid when they were being talked up beforehand.

Reminds me of GTA5 and heists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The slight feeling of dissatisfaction with this, coupled with the great first impressions of Shadow Of Mordor doesnt bode well for playing much of this over the next while.

I should really finish that raid, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

tok9 wrote: »
    For some reason the rewards for me was 70% Ascendent Energy, 25% Ascendent Shards and 5% Shader

Welcome to the exclusive VIP team White, Dance parties in the towers FTW!
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I should really finish that raid, though.

I'll be finishing it later from the 8th checkpoint (so when you fight Atheon) if you are on, can't reconcile peoples PSN ids with their Login Names here

Also 3 things,

The should really divide the PvP matches into <lvl20, >lvl20 and >lvl20 with X amount of Exotic Weapons.

I know I've been one to toot my own horn, toot toot, at my Crucible play, but that is because i do generally place in the top slot in 3v3 or the top 2 slots in 6v6..... but last night was getting F**king annihilated by completely overpowered exotic weapons (mainly fusion rifles and shotguns, but they played more like rifles they way people were using them, getting one shotted from 40 feet away with these should not be a thing, super frustrating).... in fact, f**k it, don't allow Exotics in the crucible full stop (I have 4 exotice weapons by the way), just save them for Iron Banner or something.

And secondly, the Cabal remind me of the bad guys from the 5th Element

Thirdly Matchmaking Raids has been mentioned before:
    http://www.totalxbox.com/81664/destiny-updates-bungie-is-having-conversations-about-raid-matchmaking/

They are going to have to develop matchmaking for Destiny raids. It is just not possible to guarantee the same 6 players are going to be online at the same times etc. Pick 6 players randomly and create 6 separate save points, one for each player. These save points would mean that you would not have be with the same players the following day to finish the raid off. You would simply click "Continue Raid" and it would search for players that are saved at the same point in their raid and match you up.

This means that the casual gamers will also be able to experience the raids in Destiny. I played WoW from launch for 3 years and I am ****ed if I am going to go back to having a second job, having to login at certain times just to make the numbers for a raid etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

logik wrote: »
    They are going to have to develop matchmaking for Destiny raids. It is just not possible to guarantee the same 6 players are going to be online at the same times etc. Pick 6 players randomly and create 6 separate save points, one for each player. These save points would mean that you would not have be with the same players to following day to finish the raid off. You would simply click "Continue Raid" and it would search for players that are saved at the same point in their raid and match you up.

Sounds perfect to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They are going to have to develop matchmaking for Destiny raids. It is just not possible to guarantee the same 6 players are going to be online at the same times etc. Pick 6 players randomly and create 6 separate save points, one for each player. These save points would mean that you would not have be with the same players to following day to finish the raid off. You would simply click "Continue Raid" and it would search for players that are saved at the same point in their raid and match you up.

This means that the casual gamers will also be able to experience the raids in Destiny. I played WoW from launch for 3 years and I am ****ed if I am going to go back to having a second job, having to login at certain times just to make the numbers for a raid etc.

You don't need the same 6 players atm to continue the raid, just the same fireteam leader.

You don't need the same 6 players atm to continue the raid, just the same fireteam leader.

Did that workaround we tried work in the end, where i made you FT leader, and then i bailed and then you guys wiped?

Ok, thanks for that, but it still means the fireteam leader is under a bit of pressure if the other members want to continue the raid and the fireteam leader is lets say, on holiday or sick...

My method would work and lets face it, matchmaking is already in the game for strikes, so it would not be that difficult to add it to raids.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Did that workaround we tried work in the end, where i made you FT leader, and then i bailed and then you guys wiped?

Yeah, didn't get it finished on Saturday though. We didn't have a go last night either as something came up for me, asked the chatroom if anyone else could switch and got no reply.

Will need to finish it tonight before the wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Go onto destinylfg.net, people recruiting for groups every few seconds. Got a group on there last night and cleared the raid in like an hour and a half.

Yeah, didn't get it finished on Saturday though. We didn't have a go last night either as something came up for me, asked the chatroom if anyone else could switch and got no reply.

Will need to finish it tonight before the wipe.

I already sent out a Playstation Message to the group there about finishing it tonight.

I'd like to give myself a pat of the back though for thinking of that work around, now if only i could get that trending on Twitter..... with more than my 6 followers seeing it :pac:

If I was to play the Raid again would I get rewards for beating the boss?

tok9 wrote: »
    If I was to play the Raid again would I get rewards for beating the boss?

You get the rewards once a week on each difficulty. You can also open the chests once every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I got legendary boots for beating the second boss. Presume you can get gear randomly while doing the raid. Also seen some spectacular weapons being pulled from chests. One of the guys I was playing with got Hawk Moon out of one, which is supposedly one of the best hand cannons.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got legendary boots for beating the second boss. Presume you can get gear randomly while doing the raid. Also seen some spectacular weapons being pulled from chests. One of the guys I was playing with got Hawk Moon out of one, which is supposedly one of the best hand cannons.

Still haven't gotten any raid armour yet. Got the solar scout rifle though. One of my raid party got a Suros Regime from one of the chests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man I'd love to have a blast at the raid :(

emmetkenny wrote: »

+1

I will run it with you and one of my brothers who is lvl 26 now. We just need to find 3 more.

emmetkenny wrote: »

What level are you and what system are you one (or better yet just give me your PSN ID / Gamer Tag)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Best of luck with the raid tonight guys, I won't be able to attend as I'm working night shift. Last chance before the wipe! (no pressure!) :pac:

William

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Best of luck with the raid tonight guys, I won't be able to attend as I'm working night shift. Last chance before the wipe! (no pressure!) :pac:

William

Before the wipe? Does progress reset every week?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Before the wipe? Does progress reset every week?

It resets every Tuesday morning, just like the vanguard and crucible mark limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

+1

I will run it with you and one of my brothers who is lvl 26 now. We just need to find 3 more.

I'm level 25 now, hopefully i'll be able to hit 26 quickly, I'd be up for teaming up too when I'm ready.

Cormac... wrote: »
    What level are you and what system are you one (or better yet just give me your PSN ID / Gamer Tag)

We are on the XO. I think you are PS no?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there any point in attempting the raid at lvl 24 with only rare weapons?

• Advertisement

Ran a strike at lunch there and got yet another Legendary Engram drop. This time for the secondary slot. Went to trade it in and guess what... another 2 shards... really annoying. I have had 4 Legendary drops to date and ALL of them turn into shards. Starting to think legendary weapons dont exist :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement