Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Is there any point in attempting the raid at lvl 24 with only rare weapons?

I dont see why not, I mean the only way your character is going to get any better is to run strikes/raids that will result in drops that are better than what you already have.

I believe chests in the Raid can give very very good weapons and armor not to mention the chance of drops from bosses and mobs.

In saying that, you should be able to hit 26 easy enough without have to touch a raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Pointless imo, the mobs in there on normal will be too high for you to do any real (if any) damage to them plus you'll be taking hugely increased damge from them as a level 24. You'd basically be getting carried if you managed to find a group willing to take a 24.

"Damage scaling occurs if the enemy is above your level (the drop off is more like 30% per level, ending up with "Immune" at 4 levels difference"

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/185557/damage-increased-by-light/185923#185923

There's a better explanation of it out there but this is all I could find right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

From my own past experience doing a lvl 24 strike as a 22 - no, its too frustrating, you'll be one shotted constantly, and the damage you'll be able to inflict will be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

No point unless you have 5 friends to carry you. I went on a 25 alt with legendary/exotic weapons and was doing squat to the mobs, and I'm generally a killing machine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

logik wrote: »
    We are on the XO. I think you are PS no?

Ah yes

• Advertisement

<snip already answered by 4 other people>

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    What level are you and what system are you one (or better yet just give me your PSN ID / Gamer Tag)

Xbox one. TitianGerm. Level 27 titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

From my own past experience doing a lvl 24 strike as a 22 - no, its too frustrating, you'll be one shotted constantly, and the damage you'll be able to inflict will be limited.

Thanks guys. Think I'll leave it for the time being. I've been stuck on lvl 24 for the last few days. Have only been able to get on for one or two hours per night so far and doing strike playlists etc tend not to reward me with decent gear. Getting engrams mostly that decrypt to uncommon gear or shards / strange coins.

Is there anything you can do to guarantee or at least increase the chances that you'll get some exotic or legendary armor and weapons? I'll be able to put in a few hours each evening for the next few days so will just focus on increasing my light level.

Thanks guys. Think I'll leave it for the time being. I've been stuck on lvl 24 for the last few days. Have only been able to get on for one or two hours per night so far and doing strike playlists etc tend not to reward me with decent gear. Getting engrams mostly that decrypt to uncommon gear or shards / strange coins.

Is there anything you can do to guarantee or at least increase the chances that you'll get some exotic or legendary armor and weapons? I'll be able to put in a few hours each evening for the next few days so will just focus on increasing my light level.

Queens Bounty
    Queens Mission
    Rinse and Repeat x2 (or more if you want the elusive sniper rifle)

That will give you a Helm and Chest Piece.
    Wait till Friday, bring Xur your cap in hand with 13 strange coins and buy an Exotic piece.

Go to whatever group/faction you have at rank 2 (Crucible masters, Vanguard guys, 3 Factions) and buy whatever is left (Usually boots and/or gauntlets)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only guaranteed way is to rank up crucible, vanguard or one of the factions to level 2 so you can purchase armour. Also if you do queens wrath missions you're pretty much guaranteed a legendary helmet or chest piece after each mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

+1

I will run it with you and one of my brothers who is lvl 26 now. We just need to find 3 more.

I'd be up for it. I've a level 27 Titan

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know if the iron banner will be 6v6 only?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone know if the iron banner will be 6v6 only?

No info yet, it'll result in some class LOTR armour though, see here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2iexee/so_the_iron_banner_rewards_and_what_most_likely/

Finally some capes to make TEQUILASHOT360 shut up about his cape :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone on now for some levelling up? Doing the queens event. Im level 24 so looking for similar, trying to get up to 26. Psn in sig

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone on now for some levelling up? Doing the queens event. Im level 24 so looking for similar, trying to get up to 26. Psn in sig

I don't know if this is just me..... but i don't, and have never, seen sigs in this site :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I don't know if this is just me..... but i don't, and have never, seen sigs in this site :(

They only show on desktop version if you are looking on your mobile.

Im Irish Wolverine on psn anyways

Axwell wrote: »
    They only show on desktop version if you are looking on your mobile.

Im Irish Wolverine on psn anyways

Nah, i'm using the Destop version, in fact whenever I view it on a mobile i see sigs, avatar pics, adverts and a bunch of other ****e... might be to do with how old my account is... maybe they did a re-skin and i'm still on the retro mode

Also, i sent you a friend request (GenericDreadHead) and you didn't respond so you don't get access to the elusive chat room now. *Hhuramph, folds arms*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just hit 22 to find there are no heroic weekly and daily matchmaking queues. Why? Its not like there is a LFG channel where i can look for other people that wanna do strikes with me. I really don't want to use a website or reddit to LFG also. My mind is blown right now. MMO game with no social features except sit, dance, point and wave....

MMO game with no social features except sit, dance, point and wave....

Hey now, i know you're frustrated, but let's be reasonable here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got a nice thunderdevil shader earlier as I was finishing levelling my last character for it's class achievement. It's black and grey style camo, it's as if the game was screaming and pleading with me to stay by giving me something cool.

But no I'm done with it now, unless we have a full team of lvl 28+ for a raid I've no interest in going back to this without new content. I meant to check as I'm not sure when it resets but I had a check point half way through the vault of glass.

If we have a full team on One give me a shout even if you see I'm playing something else when I'm on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Best way of getting rare(or better) fusion rifles?

Need to destroy 10 for the exotic bounty

Cheers

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Cheers

Strike playlist probably, still a lottery but you'll get rare gear everytime you complete a vanguard tiger on top of any engrams that drop during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cheers

Was thinking of this earlier. The only gauranteed way I could think of was buying them with Vangaurd/Crucible marks but that would take ages. Farm drops and hope seems too random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cheers

Check in with the gunsmith every couple of hours, he might have them for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cheers lads/ladies , will try both

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Check in with the gunsmith every couple of hours, he might have them for sale.

Check the queens emisary if you are level 2. She sells rare weapons for 2000 glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

So the queens kill orders end tonight as it is the 6th Oct. Wonder what the next Timed Event will be.

Anyone that has not got their Helm or Chest piece needs to get it in the next few hours!

So the queens kill orders end tonight as it is the 6th Oct. Wonder what the next Timed Event will be.

Anyone that has not got their Helm or Chest piece needs to get it in the next few hours!

Iron Banner tomorrow I think

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got the helm last night, hoping to do another run through tonight for the chest piece. Am I guaranteed the chest piece tonight or can I get another helm?

I did it last night as a 23 hunter with 1 other 27 hunter. It was ok, we got the mission where you kill the gate lord. I was being one shotted quite a lot though, the hobgoblins and the things that float were killing me a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Iron Banner 10th October I think

its a bit poo that the next event essentially shafts anyone that hasn't managed to get the best of the best gear. I think that once I get myself to level 26 and hopefully get to do the vault of glass, I'll be taking a break from the game for while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement