Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

its a bit poo that the next event essentially shafts anyone that hasn't managed to get the best of the best gear. I think that once I get myself to level 26 and hopefully get to do the vault of glass, I'll be taking a break from the game for while.

Yeah, I am only 5 points from level 26 but I intend on doing Vanguard quests for rep until I can buy the armor which will move me to level 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

awec wrote: »
    I got the helm last night, hoping to do another run through tonight for the chest piece. Am I guaranteed the chest piece tonight or can I get another helm?

I did it last night as a 23 hunter with 1 other 27 hunter. It was ok, we got the mission where you kill the gate lord. I was being one shotted quite a lot though, the hobgoblins and the things that float were killing me a lot.

the easiest way to get it is as follows: (assuming you've already completed a queens bounty and have gotten one of her mission orders).

1. go to the bounty robot, and pick the queens bounty one to kill the devil acheron
    2. pick the queens kill mission from the map
    3. go to old russia and kill him,

its quick and relatively easy, there are some shielded shanks that need solar attacks (i think) but otherwise you should be able to strafe in and out of the area without being killed or followed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Whatever about the relentless grind and the lack of content, a month after release and they still haven't sorted out the constant disconnects. I'm lucky if I can complete 2 crucible matches within an hour or stay in the tower long enough to actually reach the cryptarch. Not being able to access most of the game is getting pretty old now I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I thought that it was just me so thats kinda good to hear.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought that it was just me so thats kinda good to hear.

Have a look at bungie.net, most of the help forum is taken up by threads on the exact same issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Room in this raid for tonight? Lvl 26 Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just completed the VOG. Some guys were looking for extra people on Destiny LFG. I ended up getting an invite before the Templar. God its hard. Lots of fun though.

Thanks to Miju IRL as well for jumping into give us a hand when one guy had to back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just completed the VOG. Some guys were looking for extra people on Destiny LFG. I ended up getting an invite before the Templar. God its hard. Lots of fun though.

Thanks to Miju IRL as well for jumping into give us a hand when one guy had to back out.
    It is. The templar is harder than the final boss imo if you have a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Whatever about the relentless grind and the lack of content, a month after release and they still haven't sorted out the constant disconnects. I'm lucky if I can complete 2 crucible matches within an hour or stay in the tower long enough to actually reach the cryptarch. Not being able to access most of the game is getting pretty old now I have to say.

Are you sure its a problem on Bungies end though? I dont think I have ever been disconnected from the crucible, and I might play for 2 hours a go if I head in there. No disconnects from the tower either. Been disconnected from missions before, but never enough times to get frustrated about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gillovespandas

looking for a team to run me through my first vault of glass....im lvl 28 exotic gear and weapons just havnt found a group yet.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

Ah congrats mate, really looking forward to giving this a shot. Did you get any nice drops from it?

logik wrote: »
    Ah congrats mate, really looking forward to giving this a shot. Did you get any nice drops from it?

Got 8 assendent energy and a shader and aauto rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Can I get an invite and a link, was playing with Titangerm and thunder there. bro pointed me this way :)

Clan link is here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Click Request Join and when you are in make sure you select join Xbox or Playstation clan, which ever you require which is at the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Was watching a stream of a team running the Raid. Apparently you can prevent the Templar from teleporting and keep his shields down by having someone go inside the red circles that appear when he tries to teleport. He will spawn Minotaurs at the point.

Are you sure its a problem on Bungies end though? I dont think I have ever been disconnected from the crucible, and I might play for 2 hours a go if I head in there. No disconnects from the tower either. Been disconnected from missions before, but never enough times to get frustrated about it.

Definitely their end, I can play every other game I own online without any issues at all including Titanfall which has 16 people in a match at once.

Whatever way they have it set up seems to disagree with certain ISPs. From reading up online,where another game would experience momentary lag you just get instantly booted instead in Destiny. I rarely lose connection to the game world at all, just get booted. It was fine on sky broadband for a couple of weeks but now I've moved home it's unplayable outside of story missions and strikes and the occasional 3v3 crucible match if I'm lucky.

Initially I put it down to the slower internet but the fact that people with 100mb internet are having the same problems puts paid to that. The issue isn't that my internet can't handle the game it's that Bungie have set it up in a way which prevents it from handling it.

Was watching a stream of a team running the Raid. Apparently you can prevent the Templar from teleporting and keep his shields down by having someone go inside the red circles that appear when he tries to teleport. He will spawn Minotaurs at the point.

We jumped out to the floating rocks on the left side and fired at the Templar from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Definitely their end, I can play every other game I own online without any issues at all including Titanfall which has 16 people in a match at once.

Whatever way they have it set up seems to disagree with certain ISPs. From reading up online,where another game would experience momentary lag you just get instantly booted instead in Destiny. I rarely lose connection to the game world at all, just get booted. It was fine on sky broadband for a couple of weeks but now I've moved home it's unplayable outside of story missions and strikes and the occasional 3v3 crucible match if I'm lucky.

Initially I put it down to the slower internet but the fact that people with 100mb internet are having the same problems puts paid to that. The issue isn't that my internet can't handle the game it's that Bungie have set it up in a way which prevents it from handling it.

That's mad,

I had disconnects the first couple of days after launch but haven't had any in a while now....

All your ports open etc?

Router not set to timeout after a certain period?

(A lot of the older eircom zyxels are pretty configured that way)

I know UPC were having connection issues with PSN and Xbox Live over the weekend and the solution was to put in Google's DNS settings :

Primary : 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Fieldog wrote: »
    That's mad,

I had disconnects the first couple of days after launch but haven't had any in a while now....

All your ports open etc?

Router not set to timeout after a certain period?

(A lot of the older eircom zyxels are pretty configured that way)

I know UPC were having connection issues with PSN and Xbox Live over the weekend and the solution was to put in Google's DNS settings :

Primary : 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4

All ports forwarded and NAT open. It's an eircom netopia, maybe that time out thing could be the issue? I've not heard of that before. I think this is different to the UPC problem as I've had these issues since day one but I'll give the google DNS a shot.

Edit: My prayers might be answered tomorrow: http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---10072014/en/News/News?aid=12255

• Registered Users Posts: 10,331 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I have the same disconnect issues and I'm living in the states.

• Advertisement

Hmm, sorry to hear that so, must be very frustrating. I'm with Eircom anyways, no problems here.

Hmm, sorry to hear that so, must be very frustrating. I'm with Eircom anyways, no problems here.

Eircom here too, what speed is yours?

Eircom here too, what speed is yours?

Its the E-Fibre jobbie, so advertised at 90-100meg. Its actually more like 15-20 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

All ports forwarded and NAT open. It's an eircom netopia, maybe that time out thing could be the issue? I've not heard of that before. I think this is different to the UPC problem as I've had these issues since day one but I'll give the google DNS a shot.

Edit: My prayers might be answered tomorrow: http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---10072014/en/News/News?aid=12255

Not sure if this applies to your router but would do no harm trying this :

I had this problem also. I kept getting kicked from Xbox live because the connection would drop. I am sure the lads will be able to help you better tomorrow but I'll just tell you what I did that resolved the issue on my end. Login into eircom router - Network - wireless LAN - there you have a couple of options "Reauthentication timer" "Idle Timeout" and "Group Key update timer". Mine were all set to 15 minutes and this kept kicking me. I set these three to their max settings and while I do still get kicked from time to time it usually doesn't happen because I am finished playing by the time it does what it does. Not sure it will help but worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if it was you or another guy I mentioned it to but did you try the google DNS thing to see if it improved?

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was you or another guy I mentioned it to but did you try the google DNS thing to see if it improved?

Just did there, was no different. Worse if anything.

Got in with a group on reddit for VoG final boss, booted twice within the space of 5 minutes. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Hopefully this hotfix tomorrow can save us! Tonight is worse than ever, usually have no problems in 3v3 but only finishing half of my games now, I don't even attempt any 6v6 anymore as I'd be lucky to finish 1/10 of the games, also no point in raiding because it just keeps ****ing me over. Anyone know how long that maintenance will last tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone with a 360 playing this and interested in doing daily and weekly heroic strikes and strike playlist? Send me a pm here or on XBL. GT is Limerickred.

Just got an ascendent energy and a shard for the same public event, that never happened before.

• Advertisement

Oh and gunsmith has rare fusion rifles in stock for the next two hours for anyone chasing their exotic bounty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement