Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Gandalph wrote: »
    Oh and gunsmith has rare fusion rifles in stock for the next two hours for anyone chasing their exotic bounty!

What did the weapon cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Oh and gunsmith has rare fusion rifles in stock for the next two hours for anyone chasing their exotic bounty!

Don't have this bounty but just realised I've loads of rare guns in my locker. Will be saving any fusion rifles I get from now on.

How is this a good idea? To me this would have me banging my head against a wall when I realise that I am fighting against people with Exotic weapons that I have little to no hope of beating...

It simply rewards the people who can play the most.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-destiny-ditches-balance-with-pvp-mode-iron-banner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I will try out the Iron Banner event tonight but I really can't see how it is going to work. Surely anybody with a higher level and better gear will win any duel against a lower tiered player. Sounds like it will just end up with people getting killed in one-shot, which happens enough as it is with fusion rifles and over-powered Exotic weapons in PvP.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's just a new playlist, the regular balanced playlists will still be there. It was fun in the beta anyway.

Hopefully the hot fix will work and I'll actually be able to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

logik wrote: »

Just like it should?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think it should. But, this is a separate playlist and regular PvP is still there, so no harm.

Will probably give it a go later, but I'm another who just doesn't think it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

looking for a team to run me through my first vault of glass....im lvl 28 exotic gear and weapons just havnt found a group yet.
    Can I get an invite and a link, was playing with Titangerm and thunder there. bro pointed me this way :)
    bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone with a 360 playing this and interested in doing daily and weekly heroic strikes and strike playlist? Send me a pm here or on XBL. GT is Limerickred.

Join up here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    We'll approve your request, then select "set as PS clan" or "set as x-box clan"
    Was watching a stream of a team running the Raid. Apparently you can prevent the Templar from teleporting and keep his shields down by having someone go inside the red circles that appear when he tries to teleport. He will spawn Minotaurs at the point.

Dunno if i'd rather just let him teleport than be dealing with Minotaurs :p
    I will try out the Iron Banner event tonight but I really can't see how it is going to work. Surely anybody with a higher level and better gear will win any duel against a lower tiered player. Sounds like it will just end up with people getting killed in one-shot, which happens enough as it is with fusion rifles and over-powered Exotic weapons in PvP.
    Just like it should?

+1 for what Gandalph said, no-one is gonna make you play it, you can still play normal balanced PvP.

Also, is anyone interested in getting a 6 person Clan team together on PS4 to tackle Iron Banner later? Ideally the higher level the better, seems like knowing each other, and having headsets would be a distinct advantage

Finally, X-Box People having trouble with the raid, why don't you all juts go to the tower separately or together and start spamming people with messages to join you in the Raid? I've even had people ask me to do it when on patrol.

Cormac you missed it last night, after my connection went back stable I was thrown into a 3v3 playlist against 3 level 30's all with the vex mythoclast! I somehow managed to win the first game by using the two potatoes on my team as cannon fodder but the next couple of games we got destroyed.

As for the Iron banner tonight, I'd prefer get the nightfall out of the way first so we can rank up Iron Banner quicker! I wonder what the nightfall is, and I hope it's void damage burn again.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I'll have a look at the Iron Banner but will probably suck at it as I do with PvP. There should be more things like this for people who game more tbh. I'm not about to sink as many hours as others but I won't begrudge them if the receive bits n bobs. It's the culture of gaming these days- Rewards, Achievements and Trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I like the idea of having two versions of PvP. The latter being a non-n00b zone where you get to show off all your buffs and stuff you've worked for etc.

Ok after my first game of Iron banner I can honestly say there was very little difference between me at 29 and someone at 24.

Also my connection issue isn't resolved even with that hotfix to the servers put in place :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac you missed it last night, after my connection went back stable I was thrown into a 3v3 playlist against 3 level 30's all with the vex mythoclast! I somehow managed to win the first game by using the two potatoes on my team as cannon fodder but the next couple of games we got destroyed.

As for the Iron banner tonight, I'd prefer get the nightfall out of the way first so we can rank up Iron Banner quicker! I wonder what the nightfall is, and I hope it's void damage burn again.

Nightfall/weekly is the Archon priest on Venus. No picnic, though it looks like there's a good hiding spot from which to cheese him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nightfall/weekly is the Archon priest on Venus. No picnic, though it looks like there's a good hiding spot from which to cheese him.

On top of the fabric/tent like thing towards the back? It's a great spot for one person to sit and take care of the mobs anyway

Ok after my first game of Iron banner I can honestly say there was very little difference between me at 29 and someone at 24.

Also my connection issue isn't resolved even with that hotfix to the servers put in place :(

Did you definitely get the hotfix? It's not supposed to drop until 7am PST I thought which is 2 or 3pm here?

Going by reddit the server will be down for a few hours too, so between 3 and 6 we might not be able to play today.

Wow, don't think i've even seen a level 30 yet. The stuff of legends!
    Getting 3 bits of legendary armour would take a lot of RNG'ing.
    We should really try and get or 6 top, most experienced raiders to just power run it a couple of times, I reckon we could do the whole thing in 2-3 hours if we used the core of the last 2 weeks teams, like maybe in 1 sitting.

maximoose wrote: »
    On top of the fabric/tent like thing towards the back? It's a great spot for one person to sit and take care of the mobs anyway

Under a walk way at the far end, apparently the mobs can't hit you at all: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=da7701ce08d7e56e&id=DA7701CE08D7E56E%21117&sff=1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

any advantage going to the sunsinger subclass with my warlock ? I just hit level 15 last night

2smiggy wrote: »
    any advantage going to the sunsinger subclass with my warlock ? I just hit level 15 last night

Its the best class to have for high level strikes and the raid as you can revive yourself after you die. If you want a special that one shots people in PvP stick with void walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I stuck with void walker, as at level 15, you will have to start over on sunsinger, and will be missing basic stuff like your super etc.

What I did was max out void walker and then started on sunsinger after. Sunsinger is a good class, and has some great abilities, and the super is pretty cool, as it lets you spam grenades, and later abilities let you use the super to respawn yourself, and you also can get an extra grenade, and there is also a ability that when you jump and aim you can float in the air for a second, which is pretty useful.

• Advertisement

As a Full Level Warlock and Sunsinger, yes, do it immediately, it will be much more helpful getting those 1st 8 class abilities out of the way before you hit level 20. And what Wes said above.
    Personally, since I've now gotten both classes to max, i default to the Sunsinger and only use Voidwalker against certain enemy types and certain PvP game types:
    Main advantages (though tbh, these are almost all the 2nd level of abilities, if not 3rd and 4th, so you need to stick with it):
    • Stay hovering in mid air when aiming down sights (great in PVE always and super helpful when used correctly in PvP near doorways etc)
    • Double grenades
    • Self Revive
    • Grenade spamming with super
    • Scorch in PvP as it reduces the time before punched enemies start to regen as it cheeses them with 7 damage every second for like 7 seconds or whatever

Against Atheon last night in the Raid, i was essentially a grenade spewing machine (combined with some compatible armour upgrades like solar grenades burn for longer, grenade recharge reduced etc)

Did you definitely get the hotfix? It's not supposed to drop until 7am PST I thought which is 2 or 3pm here?

Going by reddit the server will be down for a few hours too, so between 3 and 6 we might not be able to play today.

Oh I just thought it had been implemented already with the reset, at least I can still get my hopes up! Only been able to finish 1/3 games so far, might just turn it off until this evening then.

Just seen that the nightfall carries all the damage modifiers....this is going to be rediculously hard

Just seen that the nightfall carries all the damage modifiers....this is going to be rediculously hard

Bit of a catch 22, boss will go down quick with the right weapons but so will we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tried Iron Banner there and cleaned up 18 kills and a 2.0 K/D which is unheard of for me, lvl 29 but my main weapon isn't fully levelled. There was even a level 4 in there holding his own with 14 kills. So me this actually seemed more balanced than the ordinary one :D

I imagine for a Titan in Strikes and Raids, it would be far more beneficial to be a Defender rather than a Striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I imagine for a Titan in Strikes and Raids, it would be far more beneficial to be a Defender rather than a Striker.

In the raid the Strikers Fists of Havok is a life saver against the Supplicants Atheon keeps spawning in. Its very easy to get overwhelmed in close quaters, where they self destruct, Fists of Havok with shockwave will ohk any that are nearby.

This hot fix better work, can't even get into a match today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah that's what I am. Shield regenerates both your and teammates health & blinds enemies when they walk into it. Really useful.
    When I'm a striker I just die a lot.

• Advertisement

Yeah the Fists of Havoc have saved me and my team a number of times but I see the advatages of the Defender. I am torn on whether I should change of not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement