Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You can get upgrades (Bastion) that makes the shield last longer. By sticking close to friends who are generating orbs of light you can more or less have the thing up permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

logik wrote: »
    Yeah the Fists of Havoc have saved me and my team a number of times but I see the advatages of the Defender. I am torn on whether I should change of not.

I stayed with striker and I love it. But I actually think defender is better at PvP, especially in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You can get upgrades (Bastion) that makes the shield last longer. By sticking close to friends who are generating orbs of light you can more or less have the thing up permanently.

I wish you could shoot through your own shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm nearly there, just need to junk some armour for parts tonight and it's next stop level 26 muthafukasssss!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Did the nightfall, other two got exotics and I got ascended energy :/

y u do dis to me* RNGesus ;-;

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wish you could shoot through your own shield.

Can you imagine the bedlam in PvP? It would make it way too overpowered but I have thought how wonderful that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    I stayed with striker and I love it. But I actually think defender is better at PvP, especially in control Salvage.

FYP :P

You know what i love to do, active my AOE grenades, be they Arc or Solar and rush into the dome and let loose right into the centre, it usually results in a death, but it means all the enemies have to clear out of the dome

wexdevil wrote: »
    Did the nightfall, other two got exotics and I got ascended energy :/

y u do dis to me* RNGesus ;-;

Exotic weapons are ****e for the most part and take too long to upgrade anyway, I have 4 of them and I'm still using my legendary Primary and Seconday.... now if I got an Exotic Auto Rifle or Fusion Rifle, i'd probably change my tune quick sharp :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Can you imagine the bedlam in PvP? It would make it way too overpowered but I have thought how wonderful that would be.

I remember my first shield dome.

My bravery and thoughts of being invincible inside this shield lead to me to dance inside it while taking a position in Control with 3 enemies starring at me not sure what I was at.

I didn't know they could just walk inside. Within seconds they all came in to say hello in the most politest way.

They destroyed me :o

My bravery and thoughts of being invincible inside this shield lead to me to dance inside it while taking a position in Control with 3 enemies starring at me not sure what I was at.

I didn't know they could just walk inside. Within seconds they all came in to say hello in the most politest way.

I have the Helm that blinds enemies if they walk into your shield. TBH not sure if it works in PvP as I've never used it but presume it does.

• Advertisement

I have the Helm that blinds enemies if they walk into your shield. TBH not sure if it works in PvP as I've never used it but presume it does.

Who needs the gift of sight when you can just melee like a mad man :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Exotic weapons are ****e for the most part and take too long to upgrade anyway, I have 4 of them and I'm still using my legendary Primary and Seconday.... now if I got an Exotic Auto Rifle or Fusion Rifle, i'd probably change my tune quick sharp :pac:

Well of course they're crap if you don't upgrade them, the perks are what set them apart.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well of course they're crap if you don't upgrade them, the perks are what set them apart.

ayee-600x300.jpg
    AIN'T NOBODY GOT RESOURCES FOR THAT

(though if they were gun types that suited me i'd consider it, I got the Shotgun - hate them - the MIDA Scout Rifle - pretty lame - the hand cannon - useless and the Red Death - which is actually ok, and was only replaced once i got the Raid Auto Rifle that functions like an Anti Aircraft gun shooting pellets)

Actually, I should correct myself, MOST of the Exotic weapons you get via bounties are (currently) pretty crap, well at least if you're a poor little Warlock only being offered the same 4 exotic bounties (Invictive, Thorn, MIDA multi tool, Bad Juju)

On a related note..... I hate farming Mats.... really takes the sting out of the game... can only handle it for like 15 mins before I do another bunch of PvP games. I wish i could outsource this to a poor hungry orphan child :P

Actually, I should correct myself, MOST of the Exotic weapons you get via bounties are (currently) pretty crap, well at least if you're a poor wittle warlock only being offered the same 3 exotic bounties (Invictive, Thorn, MIDA multi tool)

True. The Hypothalmus Rex or whatever it's called though is unbelieveable. You get it for completing the Raid on hard as a random drop. Exotic Fusion rifle that goes into your primary slot. Know someone who has one and have been looking at some videos of it on youtube.
    Want
    So
    Bad

Yeah it's like the bounties were just there so you'd have early access to Exotcis so you'd feel like you're doing better than you really are... all the real decent exotics are few and far between!

And the Hexen MaxiMiniClasp is the main reason I want to start farming the raid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah it's like the bounties were just there so you'd have early access to Exotcis so you'd feel like you're doing better than you really are... all the real decent exotics are few and far between!

And the Hexen MaxiMiniClasp is the main reason I want to start farming the raid

Should be able to start tackling it on hard too, once a few more of us are level 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe just for PvE I agree it'd be way OP in PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

AIN'T NOBODY GOT RESOURCES FOR THAT

The grind for upgrade mats is proving quite annoying.

Have the last 3 damage upgrades unlocked and ready to go on the Suros exotic Auto Rifle I got from Xur, but 24 bloody ascendance shards needed. Pfft.

Fully upgraded a legendary scout rifle at the weekend, wasn't too hard at all. Exotics take the piss though.

Should be able to start tackling it on hard too, once a few more of us are level 29.

And i'll bet you that the 1st piece of Raid armour i'll get will be Gauntlets, which are currently my fully upgraded exotic piece....

And my 2nd piece will be Gauntlets too

And my 3rd piece will be Gauntlets.....

The RNG has it in for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Iron banner reputation....Really:(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking for armour rather than weapons, can't hit 29 without it. Need more raid gear too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Need legendary weapons, have a full legendary armour (with 1 exotic), nearly have the exotic gauntlets upgraded, its a hell of a grind to upgrade them.

Still grinding to get the vanguard level 3, which is a pain, but its doable due to bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I just upgraded my pocket infinity (fusion rifle from exotic bounty) to actually get the pocket infinity perk, it would be pretty awesome if I could learn to control it. The recoil on the fusion rifle nearly puts me on my arse every time I spray it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lol, I remember your dismay when that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Iron banner reputation....Really:(

Good thing they don't have much , 1 gun was it and the rest cosmetics???

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

calex71 wrote: »

This is about the only saving grace I might pick up the shader to have a look but im not grinding another reputation system that has no real gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is it normal to be able to switch classes right off the bat with the Warlock? Just started an alt there, did the first 4 unlocks for Voidwalker and the was able to switch over to Sunsinger at lvl 6.

I'd be down for doing some raiding, really could do with the shards and armor. Only decent thing I've received so far is Gjallahorn (sp?). That is an exotic wroth upgrading, thing is a beast when maxed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

Yeah, maybe they'll add more as it goes on? There was loads of gear in the beta. I thought iron banner armour might get you to thirty but it doesn't look like that's the case. Does raid armour start at 18 light like normal legendary stuff?

Do you only get the rep if you win a match? Nearly sure I got normal crucible rep earlier when I was lucky enough to join a match as it was ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe they'll add more as it goes on? There was loads of gear in the beta. I thought iron banner armour might get you to thirty but it doesn't look like that's the case. Does raid armour start at 18 light like normal legendary stuff?

Do you only get the rep if you win a match? Nearly sure I got normal crucible rep earlier when I was lucky enough to join a match as it was ending.

Yeh raid stuff starts off at 18 light but you will see in the descending part of the upgrade tree it takes 7 shards each upgrade instead of 6 so each will end up with 30 light.

Yeh I think it you only get rep for a victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement