Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is it normal to be able to switch classes right off the bat with the Warlock? Just started an alt there, did the first 4 unlocks for Voidwalker and the was able to switch over to Sunsinger at lvl 6.

Once you get to level 15 on 1 character, you can switch sub classes on all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

wes wrote: »
    Once you get to level 15 on 1 character, you can switch sub classes on all of them.

mind = blown

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Servers are offline now, that will be the hot fix being applied then. This update will either result in me giving up on the game today or solve all my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Servers are offline now, that will be the hot fix being applied then. This update will either result in me giving up on the game today or solve all my problems.

It will be interesting to see if it brings lag into the game or not because I have never really experienced any unless it is like respawn lag or something. If it does bring it into the game then I can understand why they made the servers the way they were, but if it doesn't then I will be questioning why they are only bringing in this hotfix now.
    I'm just looking forward to being able to get back to doing things with more than 3 people on my team without getting booted, I would of already completed hardmode of the raid by now and probably be rocking into the Iron banner with a Vex Mythoclast if I wasn't experiencing so many KTOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

wes wrote: »

That's what I assumed, have maxed out both Hunter classes. With my Warlock I can switch back and forth from the get go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Gandalph wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if it brings lag into the game or not because I have never really experienced any unless it is like respawn lag or something. If it does bring it into the game then I can understand why they made the servers the way they were, but if it doesn't then I will be questioning why they are only bringing in this hotfix now.
    I'm just looking forward to being able to get back to doing things with more than 3 people on my team without getting booted, I would of already completed hardmode of the raid by now and probably be rocking into the Iron banner with a Vex Mythoclast if I wasn't experiencing so many KTOs.

I've experienced plenty of lag issues in the Crucible, ghosting, kill trading, failure to register hits. All the usual stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can handle the odd bit of lag if it means I get to play the game. Fingers crossed. Was enjoying the little bits of iron banner I got to play.

I've experienced plenty of lag issues in the Crucible, ghosting, kill trading, failure to register hits. All the usual stuff.

Most this stuff isn't even lag, it's just invisible bladedancers like myself toying with our prey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Most this stuff isn't even lag, it's just invisible bladedancers like myself toying with our prey.

Nope I've experiened most of these with all three classes. Another one is you see their health drop to zero then suddenly jump back to where it was before your attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeh raid stuff starts off at 18 light but you will see in the descending part of the upgrade tree it takes 7 shards each upgrade instead of 6 so each will end up with 30 light.

Yeh I think it you only get rep for a victory.

So for every shard you use on an item of armour you gain 1 additional light. So for example 6 shards on a chest piece will give 6 additional light ?
    Also I'm level 27 with a queens helm, vanguard gaunletts and boots and an exotic chest. Will I make level 30 once everything is fully upgraded ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So for every shard you use on an item of armour you gain 1 additional light. So for example 6 shards on a chest piece will give 6 additional light ?
    Also I'm level 27 with a queens helm, vanguard gaunletts and boots and an exotic chest. Will I make level 30 once everything is fully upgraded ?

Nope, only way to hit 30 is to upgrade raid gear.
    Any other combo of fully upgrade legendaires and exotic will only get you to level 29

haha brilliant, there is nothing people can't find a shortcut for in this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Any other combo of fully upgrade legendaires and exotic will only get you to level 29

I got a raid chest so far. Should I swap that out with the exotic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Need to try that before it gets patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What has happened there, melee and got fist stuck in wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

29 Is good enough for me!!!!

Getting sick of this game - anybody have the patch fix notes? in work and bungie site is blocked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Client fixes:
    Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
    Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
    Improved logging of player disconnections
    Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
    Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
    Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons

Server Fixes:
    Security fixes
    Server performance improvements
    Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
    Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
    Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

logik wrote: »
    What has happened there, melee and got fist stuck in wall?

Pushed him off the ledge with nova bomb.

We'll be hard pressed be able to replicate that.... it would be quicker to just kill him normally, we managed it in 50 minutes last night and that was with some new people. There's too many variables and angles in that glitch IMHO.

Plus i hate cheating in games tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How much light do i need to go up a level? Is it set the same anount for every level from 21-30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can handle the odd bit of lag if it means I get to play the game. Fingers crossed. Was enjoying the little bits of iron banner I got to play.

Did you see was that option for the timeout lurking somewhere in the maze of Eircom menu's on your router?

I'm possibly moving back to Eircom, you have me scared! :/

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you see was that option for the timeout lurking somewhere in the maze of Eircom menu's on your router?

I'm possibly moving back to Eircom, you have me scared! :/

No couldn't find it, I think that description was for a different router to the one I have.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How much light do i need to go up a level? Is it set the same anount for every level from 21-30?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ghk60/maximum_light_per_armor_tier/

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I watched the youtube link in that post and was wondering who Gaz was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Servers are back up ! happy hunting :)

Yay KTO from crucible, guess the hotfix was of no use to me anyway.

Yay KTO from crucible, guess the hotfix was of no use to me anyway.

Last thing I wanted to hear. Still saying servers down for me :(

Last thing I wanted to hear. Still saying servers down for me :(

I haven't gone back to 3v3 yet but the 6v6 for me is now unplayable, the lag is insane.

Got back in at last, bee error midway through first match. Well **** it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got back in at last, bee error midway through first match. Well **** it anyway.

You hardwired?

Or on WiFi?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement