Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Beta's currently downloading and i'm away for the next day and a half, so this should be finished by the time I Get home.

*He says hoping his 2mb speeds are fast enough*

Don't know, normally I would say it would be but with Bungie using a launcher instead of the download manager the console will need to be left on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone got a spare ps4 beta code?

Thanks in advance.

Edit

Got a code- thanks to the two boardsies who messaged me offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Q_Ball wrote: »
    52638928.jpg

(If I'm going to beg I may at least make it interesting! :pac:)

*ahem* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well no code yet, so I think I will just head out for a few pints

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone got a spare ps4 beta code?

Thanks in advance.

Edit

Got a code- thanks to the two boardsies who messaged me offering.

We can team up later and just Melee people to death like were playing UFC! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Don't know, normally I would say it would be but with Bungie using a launcher instead of the download manager the console will need to be left on.

Mine downloaded the 15 gb in standy mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

How do I cancel pre order on ps4?? Just pre ordered to get beta downloaded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

brady12 wrote: »
    How do I cancel pre order on ps4?? Just pre ordered to get beta downloaded

You can't.
    On the PS4 all pre-orders are final, says so in the T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Strange. i got three codes from bungie.net. I already had the install data downloaded an dinstalled. it never asked me for the codes. had three. am playing away. Cancelled preorder and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Would anyone like to swap a PS3 code for a PS4 one perhaps. I have a buddy on PS3.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Mine downloaded the 15 gb in standy mode
    Was the download through the ps4 manager or Bungies launcher, don't know what way the preload worked for psn orders?

Edit: Don't forget to set yourself into the PS or Xbox clan on Bungie.net after being accepted into the Boards group.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118535

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Anyone have a spare ps4 code? Please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone have a spare ps4 code? Please and thanks!

Pre order off Amazon, they'll send you a code for bungie, after that you get 3 beta codes, cancel pre order, happy days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was the download through the ps4 manager or Bungies launcher, don't know what way the preload worked for psn orders?

Edit: Don't forget to set yourself into the PS or Xbox clan on Bungie.net after being accepted into the Boards group.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118535
    1st download was 178mb and that was the app, then the app downloaded the 15gb as it wasnt in my downloads.

i checked it a few times wvery 20 mins or so just to make sure the standby was working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can't.
    On the PS4 all pre-orders are final, says so in the T&Cs.

I cancelled the pre order no problem . Just go to transaction history in your wallet select the transaction and there should be option to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Anyone on ps3 with Mic? Add me "JaxDasher".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Beta's currently downloading and i'm away for the next day and a half, so this should be finished by the time I Get home.

*He says hoping his 2mb speeds are fast enough*

I always found that when downloading from a premium service that my download speeds ramp up. I generally get download speeds of 1.7 to 1.8 Mbps but when using steam/origin I've regularly seen close to 2.5mbps.

You'll be grand I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Lads, can anyone help? I'm completely lost trying to figure out how to download this thing. I pre-ordered from Amazon last week, then sent me a nine character code. I created a profile on the Bungie website, entered the code there, chose PS4 Europe, and now what? Where am I supposed to go on the PS4 to start downloading this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lads, can anyone help? I'm completely lost trying to figure out how to download this thing. I pre-ordered from Amazon last week, then sent me a nine character code. I created a profile on the Bungie website, entered the code there, chose PS4 Europe, and now what? Where am I supposed to go on the PS4 to start downloading this?

Sign in on Bungie.net, then look for my redeemed codes about half way down the FAQ, you will see 3 waiting for you, then redeem that code on PS store and your away in a spaceship...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Fieldog wrote: »
    Sign in on Bungie.net, then look for my redeemed codes about half way down the FAQ, you will see 3 waiting for you, then redeem that code on PS store and your away in a spaceship...

I'm such an idiot, to me that looked like one 36 character code instead of 3 12 character codes. I didn't know what to do with it! Thanks for your help, downloading now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Level cap at 8 :(

jaxdasher wrote: »

Same as the alpha then.
    Just played until reaching the tower, will pick it up again in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

If anyone has a spare code pleaaaaaaaaase PM me and you'll have made a friend for life!! And St. Anthony will love ye ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

That was the same for the Alpha I was in but there's strong rumours they'll increase the cap, so Don't sell or dismantle any higher weapons! I'm level 5 after 2 hours of gameplay so if the Beta is 10 Days long i reckon they'll increase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I am 2 hours in and didn't play the alpha and I have to say this is an absolute day one purchase. I can see myself sinking a serious amount of time into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Davei141 wrote: »
    I am 2 hours in and didn't play the alpha and I have to say this is an absolute day one purchase. I can see myself sinking a serious amount of time into it.

I was like that myself, wasnt planning on getting it then said id give the beta a bash. Quality game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Was a bit bored playing it last night, played for an hour on Ps3 loading times are slow enough thought it would be better will have another crack later on today mite be improvement

Really?

Thought they were going for 20....

They may up it after the 2 days of maintenance....

Edit : doesn't look that way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is anything carrying over from the beta to the full release?

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Is anything carrying over from the beta to the full release?

No,

Just some emblem thing if you play Saturday 26th

Edit : added a few of you guys from Clan if you fancy a fireteam later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement