Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

logik wrote: »
    Ok so, all this talking about the Raid. Xbox One.

Who thinks they can make a raid run in the next few nights? Is there a certain time that suits people?

Calex71 - Calex dEUS - Level 29 Hunter and 27 Warlock
    emmetkenny - TitanGerm - Level 28 Titan
    logik - Primatori - Level 26 Titan
    richiemalone - Nxtgen Soco - Level 26 Warlock
    Mickeroo - mickeyp1982 - Level 29 Hunter
    PharcydeXP - KING THUNDERBOLT -
    maximoose - maxi ni - Level 28 Titan

I think I have most of you added as friends already.

Can you guys list your levels so we can see where we are at?

If a few of us cant make tonight, maybe we can get a Nightfall run or other strikes going.

Also, if you guys think me being level 26 is to low, I will happily give up my spot to another Clan member who is higher level.

Add me as well please GT BeanBagJohnny - Lvl 26 Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Add me as well please GT BeanBagJohnny - Lvl 26 Hunter

No problem, that gives us 8 players so far, more than enough for a Raid attempt.

As a few cannot run tonight, we should aim for starting it tomorrow. If anyone is online tonight and fancies a run at the Nightfall strike give me a shout.

I have added you all to my friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No problem, that gives us 8 players so far, more than enough for a Raid attempt.

As a few cannot run tonight, we should aim for starting it tomorrow. If anyone is online tonight and fancies a run at the Nightfall strike give me a shout.

There's also Miju IRL. He's level 29 warlock I think. He's completed it a few times so would be handy to have on board.

I think the best bet would be to wait till the weekend and run the daily and weekly heroic and nightfall strikes over the next few days. That'll give everyone a chance to play a few games together and rank up a little more.

When I did the raid I just got an invite before the tempelar so havnt done it from the start. There was a level 26 guy in our group and he was doing very little damage near the end of the raid so might be best to get everyone to at least 27 to stand the best chance.

Also it'd be best if everyone watched one or two videos on the raid so we know exactly what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll do the nightfall with you tonight but we should run the daily first.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's also Miju IRL. He's level 29 warlock I think. He's completed it a few times so would be handy to have on board.

I think the best bet would be to wait till the weekend and run the daily and weekly heroic and nightfall strikes over the next few days. That'll give everyone a chance to play a few games together and rank up a little more.

When I did the raid I just got an invite before the tempelar so havnt done it from the start. There was a level 26 guy in our group and he was doing very little damage near the end of the raid so might be best to get everyone to at least 27 to stand the best chance.

Also it'd be best if everyone watched one or two videos on the raid so we know exactly what to do.

Good idea, makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can take me off the list for the raid, just tried it with a few randomers who invited me in the tower and I couldn't stay connected for more then 30 seconds. Should be fine for doing the nightfall but the raid/tower/crucible remains off limits for me :mad:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can take me off the list for the raid, just tried it with a few randomers who invited me in the tower and I couldn't stay connected for more then 30 seconds. Should be fine for doing the nightfall but the raid/tower/crucible remains off limits for me :mad:

What are the error codes you are getting, and who is your ISP?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What are the error codes you are getting, and who is your ISP?

Eircom. It's mostly Bee, just there I was getting Fly though. Bee now again in the crucible. Static IP, ports forwarded, wired connection.

Eircom. It's mostly Bee, just there I was getting Fly though. Bee now again in the crucible. Static IP, ports forwarded, wired connection.

I work in telecoms. Can I ask what service you are using, ADSL or VDSL? Bee is most likely a packet loss, latency issue but again hard to know for sure. Have you reported it to Eircom to have the line checked?

EDIT - In fact, PM me your land line number and I can run a few tests for you.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It says NAT Open in your network settings, right?

• Advertisement

I work in telecoms. Can I ask what service you are using, ADSL or VDSL? Bee is most likely a packet loss, latency issue but again hard to know for sure. Have you reported it to Eircom to have the line checked?

Not sure which it is tbh, how can I check? Haven't reported to Eircom as I'm not having any issues outside of the game.
    awec wrote: »
    It says NAT Open in your network settings, right?

Weirdly NAT was open up until today, went strict over night and I have no idea why. Had the same issues with the open NAt anyway, arguably the game was more stable this morning bizarrely enough.

Not sure which it is tbh, how can I check? Haven't reported to Eircom as I'm not having any issues outside of the game.

Weirdly NAT was open up until today, went strict over night and I have no idea why. Had the same issues with the open NAt anyway, arguably the game was more stable this morning bizarrely enough.

If i am honest with you, you should not have to touch NAT settings etc. I have never had to touch anything like that. As above, if you want to pm me your number I can run some checks for you. I can give you a little more detail via pm too, I dont want to be posting up stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any chance that the Raid time could be posted in here in advance? I don't see the messages on the Group chat til I get on to my PS4, by which time I'm usually too late :(

I've found the Nightfall is easy to solo in a lot of ways than with a group. The increase in HP for all the enemies is huge with a group, it can really extend the time to kill the boss especially. I do try to slap up a post inviting others when I'm close to killing the boss.

Once again I have to apologise to TwinRicketts. Man, I keep forgetting that I am the Fireteam leader. I was trying to leave and rejoin the group when I was killed and pulled us all to orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Any chance that the Raid time could be posted in advance? I don't see the messages on the Group chat til I get on to my PS4, by which time I'm usually too late :(

I've found the Nightfall is easy to solo in a lot of ways than with a group. The increase in HP for all the enemies is huge with a group, it can really extend the time to kill the boss especially. I do try to slap up a post inviting others when I'm close to killing the boss.

Once again I have to apologise to TwinRicketts, man I keep forgetting that I am the Fireteam leader. I was trying to leave and rejoin the group when I was killed and pulled us all to orbit.

Do you have a smartphone? There's a PS App that supports (albeit slowly) messaging

Mickeroo, you have PM mate.

Mickeroo, you have PM mate.

Cheers, just replied there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Still haven't got Alien so I'll probably check out the Iron Banner and I'll do the raid if anyone is up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Is it advisable to do a raid on your own? People I play with on other games have since moved on to the lotr game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CptMackey wrote: »
    Is it advisable to do a raid on your own? People I play with on other games have since moved on to the lotr game

with strangers you mean? once you can all communicate I dont see what the hassle would be. You wont even be able to do the first part of the raid on your own. If its strikes you mean, you can do them on your own alright, but any death will be the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PharcydeXP

I'm will be on from 8pm onwards, up for all raids and esp VOG!!! Level 28 titan.
    Gamer tag : King Thundrbolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats the best or quickest way of getting light levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Ok so, all this talking about the Raid. Xbox One.

Who thinks they can make a raid run in the next few nights? Is there a certain time that suits people?

Calex71 - Calex dEUS - Level 29 Hunter and 27 Warlock
    emmetkenny - TitanGerm - Level 28 Titan
    logik - Primatori - Level 26 Titan
    richiemalone - Nxtgen Soco - Level 26 Warlock
    Mickeroo - mickeyp1982 - Level 29 Hunter
    PharcydeXP - KING THUNDERBOLT -
    maximoose - maxi ni - Level 28 Titan
    johnnybucks - BeanBagJohnny - Level 26 Hunter

I think I have most of you added as friends already.

Can you guys list your levels so we can see where we are at?

If a few of us cant make tonight, maybe we can get a Nightfall run or other strikes going.

Also, if you guys think me being level 26 is to low, I will happily give up my spot to another Clan member who is higher level.

I'd be up for it. Gt - THE BAG M99 - PvP 27 Titan

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

I am on PS4 and my Titan has just reached level 27. I feel that because my armor and weapons still need quite a few upgrades I am not quite ready for the higher level stuff just yet.

Usually I would be on from 9pm - 1130 or midnight most weeknights, with some weekend sessions also thrown in for good measure. If there are any others on PS4 who would like to team up for the daily level 26 (or 24) and weekly level 26 (or 24) , then feel free to add me.
    You'll find my PSN ID in the clan.(I am am member of the lvl 23+ and Raid Team chat groups).
    If we can get a few together then we can work our way up to doing them at 28, along with the weekly nightfall strike.This would act as good prep. to possibly attempting the raid in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

As logik said I'm down for anything really after about 7.00pm, looking to progress with content and gear. Gamertag is Nxtgen Soco warlock lvl 26 - Voidwalker / working on lvling sunslinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Whats the best or quickest way of getting light levels?

The easiest way is to play lots of PvP to earn Crucible Rep and Marks. You need Level 2 Rep to be able to buy armour from the Crucible guy. Armour costs 65 Marks. You get 2 Marks for a loss and 3 for a win. Remember to pick up Bounties while playing Crucible to increase the amount of Rep you get. Otherwise it will take forever.

With enough Marks you can buy your Legendary armour which is 18 Light points. Each time you upgrade it it is 2 extra Light points.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do you have a smartphone? There's a PS App that supports (albeit slowly) messaging

Not able to use it unfortunately, still rocking my nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Iron banner has been great fun tonight. I've played about 2hours of it now. I'm only level 13 and I'm holding my own... Eh at times.

You level up your rep in Iron Banner very quickly, win 9 matches and you're rank 2. I want one of those sweet cloaks. Does equipping one of their shaders increase your rep gains?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You level up your rep in Iron Banner very quickly, win 9 matches and you're rank 2. I want one of those sweet cloaks. Does equipping one of their shaders increase your rep gains?

Yeah I went up 2 levels last night I think. Hope to get back on it tonight. Might make the campaign/story that bit easier as I'm playing it solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Joined my brother who was playing the level 22 solo last night, thinking this will be a doddle. Fk me it was anything but. We're lvl 26 & 28 titans. Near the end he went down at the top of the map and I was at the far end.
    Had to fight through a swarm of sharks, multiple invisible ninjas, 4 shielded captains, the priest, a couple of snipers shooting at me on the way and one of those purple robot eye things, to get to him. When I got up the top there were two more shielded captains dancing round his body.

I would have thought having three is better as you split up the mobs more?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement