Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

@gimli2112 - We had the same issue last night. Didn't complete it, was getting to many resists off mobs, just couldn't seem to do any decent damage. It was 2 x lvl 26 and 1 x lvl 28. In fairness, he seemed to carry us a bit as we could not do enough damage fast enough. Showed me, we are clearly not ready for the Raid if we were unable to complete the level 28 Nightfall Strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Joined my brother who was playing the level 22 solo last night, thinking this will be a doddle. Fk me it was anything but. We're lvl 26 & 28 titans. Near the end he went down at the top of the map and I was at the far end.
    Had to fight through a swarm of sharks, multiple invisible ninjas, 4 shielded captains, the priest, a couple of snipers shooting at me on the way and one of those purple robot eye things, to get to him. When I got up the top there were two more shielded captains dancing round his body.

I would have thought having three is better as you split up the mobs more?

I thought nightfall had to be done on level 28 ? Did you just run the weekly ?

emmetkenny wrote: »

Nah, Myself, the bother and KING THUNDERBOLT tried this last night but failed. Myself and the brother are only level 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I was able to solo the weekly on 28 (lvl 27 hunter), there is a safe spot where you are relatively safe.

Edit: Ah, you talking about the nightfall, my bad. Still a good spot for it, although me and West Ireland tries it last night and didn't get far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yeah must have been the weekly. I'm almost certain it was only 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah must have been the weekly. I'm almost certain it was only 22.

It must have been. I don't think you can change the level on a nightfall.

Is €35 the cheapest you can get the expansion pass for the PS4?

Benzino wrote: »
    Is €35 the cheapest you can get the expansion pass for the PS4?

Seems like it alright but I have found it for 34 dollars which is about 26 euro but to me that is still shockingly expensive for an expansion pack that is going to only contain 3-4 extra missions and another 2 raids...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Spent all of last night running Iron Banner. End result? 1 win, a quarter way to rank one (only 2nd ever crucible victory) I'm not the best at PvP, though I did have my best match (a massive 15 kills, followed by a match with 4 kills), and had about 4 matches which went down to the wire. Found I wasn't too outmatched by 27's / 28's. Yes, I was OHK'd a few times, but overall it wasn't a complete one sided story. So, for the next week, I think I will exclusively run IB (I should be able to get rank 3):rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You level up your rep in Iron Banner very quickly, win 9 matches and you're rank 2. I want one of those sweet cloaks. Does equipping one of their shaders increase your rep gains?

Equipping shader and emblem boost your rep for a win yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Spent all of last night running Iron Banner. End result? 1 win, a quarter way to rank one (only 2nd ever crucible victory) I'm not the best at PvP, though I did have my best match (a massive 15 kills, followed by a match with 4 kills), and had about 4 matches which went down to the wire. Found I wasn't too outmatched by 27's / 28's. Yes, I was OHK'd a few times, but overall it wasn't a complete one sided story. So, for the next week, I think I will exclusively run IB (I should be able to get rank 3):rolleyes:

that does not sound like a fun night to me :eek: you might be better off in the regular crucible, at least you'll get points for a loss then.

logik wrote: »
    Seems like it alright but I have found it for 34 dollars which is about 26 euro but to me that is still shockingly expensive for an expansion pack that is going to only contain 3-4 extra missions and another 2 raids...

Is that all you get for it? :mad: Have an retail copy, so can't get it off the US PSN :(

that does not sound like a fun night to me :eek: you might be better off in the regular crucible, at least you'll get points for a loss then.

If I was constantly getting my a$$ handed to me, then yes, I wouldn't touch IB, I'd be out running strikes and patrols. The games that went down to the wire however, where extremely enjoyable. Either team could have won, in the end, it was the other team, but because they where enjoyable, I'll stick with it.

Benzino wrote: »
    Is that all you get for it? :mad: Have an retail copy, so can't get it off the US PSN :(

Well there was a leak recently that revealed planned content for the expansion, there was not a whole lot if I am honest. I thought they might create a new planet for each expansion and carry the story across the solar system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If I was constantly getting my a$$ handed to me, then yes, I wouldn't touch IB, I'd be out running strikes and patrols. The games that went down to the wire however, where extremely enjoyable. Either team could have won, in the end, it was the other team, but because they where enjoyable, I'll stick with it.

fair play to ya, I've been reading a lot about how people on the losing side are just backing out of matches in Iron banner, good to see that the games are close and people are sticking with it.

Well there was a leak recently that revealed planned content for the expansion, there was not a whole lot if I am honest. I thought they might create a new planet for each expansion and carry the story across the solar system.

I was hoping it would be something like that too. I'll just wait and see what they announce for them now I think.

fair play to ya, I've been reading a lot about how people on the losing side are just backing out of matches in Iron banner, good to see that the games are close and people are sticking with it.

I'd heard that myself. Said I'd give it a go anyway and see how things panned out. I can honestly say, not once did I see anyone drop out of a loosing match. Had one match start 6 on 5, but was soon 6v6. Even though I'm not the best at PvP, I could never just rage quit a losing battle. Honour in defeat and all that. I managed to get an improved helm and chest from end rewards.

Also, PvP / IB bounties are being run (The ones I have a chance of actually completeing)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

RANT INCOMING
    Anyone else share the view the IB is not working?

I don't
    "Were you detecting an advantage attributed to your more powerful gear and weapons?" he asked on Bungie.net.

Yes, and vice versa when encountering players who had clearly fully levelled their guns (which I have not)
    "Did the experience feel different than standard Crucible combat?

Yes, case closed

People spend pages and pages of this thread complaining that the original crucible felt like it was rewarding players who were higher level when we all now know which stats were balanced to level the playing field.

Now Iron Banner is out and people are complaining it's not un-balanced enough.

The guy in video was Clearly getting head shots and downing players who other guys had gotten an assist off

None of this is aimed at you Logik, i know you just posted the link but it beggars f**king belief.

Having played 160 games, Thats about 30 hours worth of Crucible since launch, I firmly believe most people are talking out their a$$ about so much of the stats, Take responsibility for you abilities.

You have good games, you have bad games
    You can get good team mates, you can get bad team mates,
    You might get 8 rocket kills in a game, you might blow yourself up twice
    You might get 15 head shots, you might get none.
    You might be good at certain maps and bad at certain maps.

Stop blaming everything on stats like Attack, Armour and Player Level.

The ONLY thing I think is truly wrong with the crucible is there is a clear imbalance between the usefulness of certain exotics (via their abilities and not their stats), Vex Mythoclast vs Thorn for example.

And of course there's the whole Rep and Rank argument, but that has no bearing on this point.

Sit down, strap in, shoot up, shut up or GTFO :p
    (i mean that in a light hearted way)

Destinty has MANY problems, multiplayer balancing is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I personally don't see any difference between crucible and Iron Banner but I don't really care either.

I just want a new map, a new mission, strike, raid.. whatever. This slightly different variances of the same stuff is not going to keep people interested for long.

• Advertisement

"Just back from a little cry" :D

Nah, I agree with alot of what you have said. I have only played 4-5 games of IB but I enjoyed them, winning or losing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd prefer if Iron Banner wasn't random game types. I keep getting put in Control games and I hate Control. :(

awec wrote: »
    I'd prefer if Iron Banner wasn't random game types. I keep getting put in Control games and I hate Control. :(

I've played about 10 games of it so far and have Only played control, has anyone come across a game of Clash?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

awec wrote: »

I thought it was 100% control

wexdevil wrote: »
    I thought it was 100% control

It is pure Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah it's all control

Didn't get to play any lastnight, I enjoyed my first 5 or so games on Monday so will give it another blast this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

The more I read about Iron Banner the more it turns me off trying it, The way they were promoting it made it seem like the pvp equivalent of end game raiding so this video made me chuckle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCJjNjZl28&sns=fb&app=desktop

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Iron Banner feels no different to regular crucible is the problem, the guy in the video is bang on imo.

The more I read about Iron Banner the more it turns me off trying it, The way they were promoting it made it seem like the pvp equivalent of end game raiding so this video made me chuckle..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCJjNjZl28&sns=fb&app=desktop

I'll direct you to my rant above :pac:
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Iron Banner feels no different to regular crucible is the problem, the guy in the video is bang on imo.

I couldn't disagree more, no offence intended, its not massively different, but it is noticeable.

Also if we take that video, he hits a guy square in the face with a Rocket Launcher at 3 mins and the guy doesn't die, I cannot remember the last time a RL did not OHK a person in Crucible, it actually proves that a crap lvl 4 RL is indeed crap against a high level player

Also that guy is a very decent player, you can tell from his movement and headshot ratio, and as i mentioned at the other players around him were getting assists on his kills.

Frankly if I was coming 2nd in IB with a Lvl4 guardian and a level 1 Auto Rifle, I wouldn't be complaining, and "Wanting an answer from Bungie".... just goes to show how different that gaming world is now that when even a player is doing well owing to their skill they still want to moan and have a direct response and relationship with the developer.

What did people want from IB, for a select few 5% of the Guardian elite to be OHK'ing everyone and coming out with 8,000 per match? Oh i'm sure we'd all love that :pac:

People are really reaching for stuff now at this rate, and as MANY reviews keep saying, the only reason people are still reaching is cause they are all still playing, The Honest Video Game Reviews Vid hit the nail on the head at the end

I don't remember this amount of annoyance at Watch Dogs a month after release

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'll direct you to my rant above :pac:

I couldn't disagree more, no offence intended.

Also if we take that video, he hits a guy square in the face with a Rocket Launcher at 3 mins and the guy doesn't die, I cannot remember the last time a RL did not OHK a person in Crucible, it actually proves that a crap lvl 4 RL is indeed crap against a high level player

Also that guy is a very decent player, you can tell from his movement and headshot ratio, and as i mentioned at the other players around him were getting assists on his kills.

Frankly if I was coming 2nd in IB with a Lvl4 I wouldn't be complaining, and "Wanting an answer from Bungie".... just goes to show how different that gaming world is now that when even a player is doing well owing to their skill they still want to moan and have a direct response and relationship with the developer.

What did people want from IB, for a select few 5% of the Guardian elite to be OHK'ing everyone and coming out with 8,000 per match? Oh i'm sure we'd all love that :pac:

A level 4 can't damage a level 18 dreg in the game, why would he be able to damage a level 29 guardian if there's no balancing? The playlist just seems pointless. His headshots do 25 damage or so which is low enough, but considering a fully upgraded suros regime does only 43 in iron banner(the same it does in regular crucible) it doesn't really provide as much of a disadvantage as I would expect.

Edit: also that rocket at 3 minutes missed by quite a distance and removed all the guy's shields and two 3rds of his health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement