Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but Ice Breakers perks look crap, I'm tempted to get it, but only for the reason that the only Secondary Solar I have is Invictive (shotgun) and i freaking hate shotguns and I need a solar weapon.

It has infinite ammo too though, I don't think it's a named perk but it's the best thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I bought the sniper rifle ice breaker of XuR just now, pretty impressive kick, fire damage, I am a horrible sniper though but I tried it and it is good.

It recharges itself as well which it would come handy when I am doing the weekly strikers on level 28.

I tried doing the nightfall strikes but as logik said it is hard work, I get ripped apart most of the times because at some point I always encounter someone with a type of shield that I am not equipped to deal with, I only tried it a couple of times I was waiting to get an assault rifle with damage other than kinetic but it is hard so unless I complete a raid (hopefully this weekend someone will want to play with me) otherwise I can only hope to find it either onthe weekly or dailys... I have to play some crucible so maybe I get lucky there as wqell

I had like 40 motes (still have 13 coins left) so I bought an engram.. and what do I get, the same I got off the last time I got an engram off him... same exact thing.

It was worth leveling up with the other guardians, currently I am level 27, 26, and 22 so I can play the weekly strikes on all three and get easy 18 coins (assuming I am playing weeklys on 26 with all three guardians. Level 28 strikes are only possible with my level 27 titan class, I can do it with my level 26 but it takes agest to complete the strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    You're on the one or ps4.

Ps4 level 29 Titan.

Cormac I'd say the earlier enemies in the raid are probably 27-29 on hard mode, just like the early enemies are 25 and go upto 28 on normal.

No harm in trying to get past the oracles for another boss drop, we can always abandon if it is proving too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ps4 level 29 Titan.

Cormac I'd say the earlier enemies in the raid are probably 27-29 on hard mode, just like the early enemies are 25 and go upto 28 on normal.

No harm in trying to get past the oracles for another boss drop, we can always abandon if it is proving too difficult.

I guess yeah, I won't be on much at the weekend though. But I'll check the app every now and then any way and see if I can join if you're short

Just a quick update regarding the ice breaker... just did the daily strike on lvl 24 and i finished it in just a few minutes without taking any damage... one shot kills on most enemies. The hydra was gone in 2 shots, it dealt over 4000 points of damage... very happy with it... and as it recharges itself I didnt run out of ammo neither felt like i was

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just a quick update regarding the ice breaker... just did the daily strike on lvl 24 and i finished it in just a few minutes without taking any damage... one shot kills on most enemies. The hydra was gone in 2 shots, it dealt over 4000 points of damage... very happy with it... and as it recharges itself I didnt run out of ammo neither felt like i was

But have you experience of other Legendary or Exotic snipers to compare it to? I'm considering getting it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

But have you experience of other Legendary or Exotic snipers to compare it to? I'm considering getting it

Caved and got it there, it's a beast. The regenerating ammo means you can pretty much use it as a primary which means faster leveling up too. My other sniper rifle is a fully upgraded legendary arc damage. Handy to have one for each damage type I reckon anyway, shame time and patience is arc too though, I'll have to scrap the other one if I ever get that.

No I havent but I have legendary weapons such as red death and they are nowhere near this one...

Everyone is just 1 shot 1 kill, yellow hobgloblins are gone from far away with one shot. Took 4 shots to kill that hydra level 28 (yellow) on the weekly strike (the one in the arkon priest strike)

No I havent but I have legendary weapons such as red death and they are nowhere near this one...

Everyone is just 1 shot 1 kill, yellow hobgloblins are gone from far away with one shot. Took 4 shots to kill that hydra level 28 (yellow) on the weekly strike (the one in the arkon priest strike)

I think you'll find any decent purple/exotic SR will do thousands of damage on a critical though, it's still a decent gun, my point was I didn't see the need to pick it up if you already had a decent purple or one like Patience and Time

I have 2 purple snipers (i think) and this doesn't look much better

I'll still probably get it. I'm just not in habit of shelling out Asc Energy on the top tier of any gun that doesn't have decent perks

Still and all it's nice when you get a gun so good compared to your other gear that you change up your playing style

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Caved and got it there, it's a beast. The regenerating ammo means you can pretty much use it as a primary which means faster leveling up too. My other sniper rifle is a fully upgraded legendary arc damage. Handy to have one for each damage type I reckon anyway, shame time and patience is arc too though, I'll have to scrap the other one if I ever get that.

Agree, its a beast. Took down one of the level 26 Praetorians outside the VoG in 5 shots.

• Advertisement

I think you'll find any decent purple/exotic SR will do thousands of damage on a critical though, it's still a decent gun, my point was I didn't see the need to pick it up if you already had a decent purple or one like Patience and Time

I have 2 purple snipers (i think) and this doesn't look much better

I'll still probably get it. I'm just not in habit of shelling out Asc Energy on the top tier of any gun that doesn't have decent perks

Still and all it's nice when you get a gun so good compared to your other gear that you change up your playing style

I think thats it. My "secondary" weapons are noy the best. I have two legendary arc fusion rifles but fusion rifles force you to be closer to the enemy which at higher levels could be an issue,

I am doing the level 28 weekly. And so far I havent even gone into red, this thing rips everything apart. So easy... but you are right, I have never had an exotic/legendary sniper before, could be normal. The autocharge thing is soooo handy as well, I can sit on the back and relax while I shoot everyone... soooo easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Ps4 level 29 Titan.

Opening the gates at the start have the same level enemies as normal but the adds on the first phase of the first boss are level 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone else experiencing lag issues in PvP? When I use my throwing knife it takes a few second to register any damage on opponents. Bloody annoying so it is.

ok so I just can't get over how powerful this weapon is, and the recharge...

Just finished the weekly on level 28 without even sweating, only came "close" to dying once while in the bike.

Arkon fella was down in 1 minute.

It almost feels like cheating. They are gonna patch this beast I can bet you on that... or maybe I am just overwhelmed but my first exotic sniper rifle...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey lads, cant get near my ps4 for a few hours,, whats xur selling today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I love the queen's sniper rifle, but I might just have to get this one. Damnit, I probably should get armour instead though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have enough Strange Coins to buy the Ice Breaker sniper rifle from Xur. Is the weapon really worth it? I don't generally use sniper rifles in the game though. But the regenerating ammo sounds good.

Benzino wrote: »
    I love the queen's sniper rifle, but I might just have to get this one. Damnit, I probably should get armour instead though :(

Is the queens solar damage? If not then I'd get it, ultimately you should aim to have one of each damage type.obviously armour should come first though to level up.

Is the queens solar damage? If not then I'd get it, ultimately you should aim to have one of each damage type.obviously armour should come first though to level up.

No ,the queen's is void. I have a legendary arc fusion rifle and the invective solar shotgun (which I don't like), so it is ideal for me really.

Ah, I just checked, i have exactly 30 strange coins! I can get both the gun and chest piece. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Benzino wrote: »
    No ,the queen's is void. I have a legendary arc fusion rifle and the invective solar shotgun (which I don't like), so it is ideal for me really.

Ah, I just checked, i have exactly 30 strange coins! I can get both the gun and chest piece. Happy days!

You sure it's void the ones I've seen ( my own included) are arc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

The Supremacy had a chance to roll any of the 3 damage types.

Yeah definitely, as Andy Gravity said you can get it with any of the damage types.

Every single legendary/exotic secondary/heavy (and Atheon rewarded primary) weapon in game has a chance to be 1 of 3 different damage types.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Every single legendary/exotic secondary/heavy (and Atheon rewarded primary) weapon in game has a chance to be 1 of 3 different damage types.

I think you may be right about legendaires, but exotics, at least from bounties, seem to have a defined one, maybe I'm wrong though

Exotics are fixed elemental damage type afaik yeah.

I think you may be right about legendaires, but exotics, at least from bounties, seem to have a defined one, maybe I'm wrong though

Yeh looks like exotics are fixed, I thought that the random drop ones would have different elements. When I first did my thorn bounty I read up about it online and the article said you get a solar damage handcannon, I thought I got d**ked over when I got a regular one, but turns out who ever posted the article must of been licking toads or something at the time.

So what am I doing wrong in multiplayer.

I cant kill anyone... I mean, it takes me several shotgun shots to kill someone but only one shot for them?

I though it was my aim but so while I was running around trying to complete the void / exotic handgun chanllenge I noticed that It would take me 2-5 shots to kill anyone. And we are talking about a legendary shotgun so what am I doing wrong?

and how come that they can kill me with one melee attack (not even the super punch) and I need 1 super plus another 2 to kill anyone?

I am seriously considering dismissing that bounty, no I have stopped trying to get any kills the score is going down, because although I am getting kills I am not using void but it is substracting my deaths... I hate multiplayer in so many levels in this game

So what am I doing wrong in multiplayer.

I cant kill anyone... I mean, it takes me several shotgun shots to kill someone but only one shot for them?

I though it was my aim but so while I was running around trying to complete the void / exotic handgun chanllenge I noticed that It would take me 2-5 shots to kill anyone. And we are talking about a legendary shotgun so what am I doing wrong?

and how come that they can kill me with one melee attack (not even the super punch) and I need 1 super plus another 2 to kill anyone?

I am seriously considering dismissing that bounty, no I have stopped trying to get any kills the score is going down, because although I am getting kills I am not using void but it is substracting my deaths... I hate multiplayer in so many levels in this game

Could be lag that's messing you up by the sounds of it. Do you often get a kill after you die? Like melee someone, they kill you and then they die from your melee a few seconds later?

Try following sliding tackle melee with a quick shotgun shot, it's a bit noobish but is generally pretty effective if you get the drop on someone. Melee should drop their shields and shotty should finish them off.

Could be lag that's messing you up by the sounds of it. Do you often get a kill after you die? Like melee someone, they kill you and then they die from your melee a few seconds later?

Try following sliding tackle melee with a quick shotgun shot, it's a bit noobish but is generally pretty effective if you get the drop on someone. Melee should drop their shields and shotty should finish them off.

Yeah... that happens a lot, and I mean like on a 1 v 1 more than half of the times... I always though it was odd, specially the melee kill, first time it was a bit like WTF? but ithappens so often that I though it was normal

I will try that Mick.. thanks for that.

what a painful experience... I feel like throwing the tv out of the window... but if I want those exotic I have no choice but to play crucible...

• Advertisement

Yeah... that happens a lot, and I mean like on a 1 v 1 more than half of the times... I always though it was odd, specially the melee kill, first time it was a bit like WTF? but ithappens so often that I though it was normal

I will try that Mick.. thanks for that.

what a painful experience... I feel like throwing the tv out of the window... but if I want those exotic I have no choice but to play crucible...

Stop using Shotguns if you are not doing well with them is my suggestion, buy a void Fusion from the Gunsmith :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement