Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah... that happens a lot, and I mean like on a 1 v 1 more than half of the times... I always though it was odd, specially the melee kill, first time it was a bit like WTF? but ithappens so often that I though it was normal

I will try that Mick.. thanks for that.

what a painful experience... I feel like throwing the tv out of the window... but if I want those exotic I have no choice but to play crucible...

Just so you know the bounties for the exotic shotgun and pulse rifle are a lot handier than that one, though that handcannon sounds like a much better weapon than both of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just so you know the bounties for the exotic shotgun and pulse rifle are a lot handier than that one, though that handcannon sounds like a much better weapon than both of those.

No it's not, the Thorn is crap tbh, a couple of us have it, Ask Sniper, he has a Blue HC thats better than it, And i got The Last Word in a drop and it's better than it too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    No it's not, the Thorn is crap tbh, a couple of us have it, Ask Sniper, he has a Blue HC thats better than it, And i got The Last Word in a drop and it's better than it too.

Seemed pretty good to me, certainly better than invective and bad juju. The damage overtime perk is very useful for PvE.

Seemed pretty good to me, certainly better than invective and bad juju.

I agreed with that, and considering i've now been offered 5 Exotic weapon bounties and it was these same 3 ones over and over i'm kind of peeved of. They are all terrible exotics IMHO :mad:

Although many players who like using Shotguns like Invictive, which I personally do not rate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Seemed pretty good to me, certainly better than invective and bad juju. The damage overtime perk is very useful for PvE.

Except the poison doesn't work properly as the timer doesn't refresh on subsequent hits. My lvl 19 blue regulator does more damage, is more stable, has a better range and holds more than double the ammo than the Thorn. I use handcannons and I use the Regulator over the Thorn.

• Advertisement

Except the poison doesn't work properly as the timer doesn't refresh on subsequent hits. My lvl 19 blue regulator does more damage, is more stable, has a better range and holds more than double the ammo than the Thorn. I use handcannons and I use the Regulator over the Thorn.

I thought the poison would reset with each hit, that's not ideal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought the poison would reset with each hit, that's not ideal alright.

Its on a 5 second timer. First hit poisons them, then you have to hit them again after the timer has elapsed to repoison them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    Stop using Shotguns if you are not doing well with them is my suggestion, buy a void Fusion from the Gunsmith :P

Fusion is even worse, but the time it fires the guy is either gone or killed me.

I suppose I would just have to use some sort of analgesis like morphine and give it a go later, otherwise I will kill myself

I am gonna concentrate on the assault rifle bounty, got it yesterday and I am at the point where all I have to do is get 10000 points. It is easy enough as long as I dont have to use the shotgun. I am doing okish without it

It is similar to what happened to me with CoD (since BO2) where I just couldn't play because of the lag compensation. I wonder if they have some sort of similar system. My connection is fantastic, fibre straight to my route but pings of less than 2 ms to irish sites, never though this would be a bad thing in multiplayer...

thanks

if anyone is up for a raid or anything let me know as I have nothing else to play (completed all strikes etc).

Tried the nighfall, was doing great until right at the end where I got killed, and then I realized that there is no spawning... if I would have know what a waste! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Any one interested in a weekly strike?

Looking for two more

GT BeanBagJohnny,

Nobody seems to be only :(

Looking for two more

GT BeanBagJohnny,

Sorry if i've asked this, but did you join the clan and spam friend requests?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looking for two more

GT BeanBagJohnny,

I was on earlier I could have given you a hand.

Looking for two more

GT BeanBagJohnny,

What difficulty? I've already done it with lvl 29 hunter but could give you a hand with my level 26 Titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I need to find some chinese peasant to level my exotic weapons. I'm almost finished with the Suros, just have 5 more to go :P

add me P0rphyrl0n

I wouldnt mind doing it with my other class either

ps: sorry misspelled it there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I thought you get exotic bounty's from turning in a few bounty's at the same time? I turne in 5 while ago and got none?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I thought you get exotic bounty's from turning in a few bounty's at the same time? I turne in 5 while ago and got none?

Nah it's random.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Its random. I've turned in over 100 and gotten two exotic bountie .

Guys how are we fixed for the Xbox raid tomorrow ?
    Have we got 6 definites yet ?
    What time should we start at ?

Again if you are missing someone let me know, I have never done a raid and I wouldnt mind trying!

Bohrio wrote: »
    Again if you are missing someone let me know, I have never done a raid and I wouldnt mind trying!

We will try get everyone in in the first two so everyone gets a fair whack. Can't be fairer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did well this evening, even manage to start and complete 2 IB bounties in the 1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys how are we fixed for the Xbox raid tomorrow ?
    Have we got 6 definites yet ?
    What time should we start at ?

What level requirement do we need for the raid? (26 here) I'm a no for tomorrow either way, but will be around all of Sunday if there is anything on the go and hope to be 27 by then.

What level requirement do we need for the raid? (26 here) I'm a no for tomorrow either way, but will be around all of Sunday if there is anything on the go and hope to be 27 by then.

No cap but ideally we could all be at least 27. Lots of the later mobs take a lot of damage and at 26 you get swarmered easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Are the servers down or is it just me

Ok guys it looks like were going to make a run at the Raid at 9 tonight.

Please post your GT of who can make it tonight. And I'll update here and on Boards so we can all see. I'd say most of you have seen the Xbox message I sent out.

So far i have

TitianGerm
    Miju irl
    Calex dEUS
    THE BAG M99
    P0proyln(or something like that)
    Failsafe CGI

Thats the first 6 that got back to me.

I'm sure there will be one or two tomorrow that can't join or someone will need to head off early tonight or have connection problems so we will more than likely send out invites to join in the running so keep an eye on your inboxes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Mornin', lads. Anyone wanna help me out with a lvl 26 mission on Mars? I've sent out a few invites, but nobody's biting. They're turning me into Dolmio over here!

PSN: xACRITASx

[Edit]
    Turns out there's an issue with PSN this morning and people can't group. Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

canary

what's going on?

got the icebreaker yesterday at least, if this had gone down when I was chasing coins I would have had a fit

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Please post your GT of who can make it tonight. And I'll update here and on Boards so we can all see. I'd say most of you have seen the Xbox message I sent out.

So far i have

TitianGerm
    Miju irl
    Calex dEUS

You can add myself to the list
    THE BAG M99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So far i have

TitianGerm
    Miju irl
    Calex dEUS
    THE BAG M99
    P0proyln(or something like that)

Come on guys two more needed.

Failsafe CGI - level 28 - Titan

• Advertisement

Failsafe CGI - level 28 - Titan

Are you on Xbox ? Don't remember seeing your GT before ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement