Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone happen to have a spare code for the ps3? The brother is taking the ps4 for the weekend(I've made a huge little mistake in agreeing to let him take it)and I don't particularly want to be left without some crucible action this weekend :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Found some guys at level ??, shot at them with my fire shotgun, came up "immune".
    Have a little bit of heavy ammo, going to try that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

F1ngers wrote: »
    Found some guys at level ??, shot at them with my fire shotgun, came up "immune".
    Have a little bit of heavy ammo, going to try that now.

I think they might be there to purposefully block an area.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jaxdasher wrote: »
    I think they might be there to purposefully block an area.

Think so.
    Heavy ammo came up immune too.

One of them came over to my orb and said "what is that?" and walked off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    Think so.
    Heavy ammo came up immune too.

One of them came over to my orb and said "what is that?" and walked off. :D

There is loads of that hidden away in caves all over earth, a lot of "inaccessible" areas...

In the full game I'm sure we can explore and kill them... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rorywan2

What are the Grim cards for?

rorywan2 wrote: »
    What are the Grim cards for?

They give you information on all the classes of enemies, you can see them in the app and on the Bungie site ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So, whats the consensus lads?

Good game? great game?

Is it as good as ______ or is better than ________ (you guys fill in the blanks)

What can it be compared to?
    Will you buy Destiny based on your Beta experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'm on Ps3. Sure the graphics are dull but if it comes content complete with next gen version. Its a total sale to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played for a couple of hours last night as a Warlock, and so far its great fun. Just did the single player stuff so far, but will give some of the multiplayer stuff tonight. Its great fun to be playing a single player game, and to stumble upon another Guardian fighting some enemies, and to help him out of vice versa.

Will also give the other classes a go as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There are now 20 members of the Boards group on Bungie.net.
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118535

Only 5 members have selected the PlayStation clan, and no members have selected the Xbox clan. If you are a member don't forget to set your platform!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There are now 20 members of the Boards group on Bungie.net.
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/118535

Only 5 members have selected the PlayStation clan, and no members have selected the Xbox clan. If you are a member don't forget to set your platform!

Just did that there, wasn't aware that needed to be done.

wes wrote: »
    Just did that there, wasn't aware that needed to be done.

Me neither, and I set up the bloody thing, ha ha...

I was afraid if I ticked PS it would block all the Xbox lads!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Me neither, and I set up the bloody thing, ha ha...

I was afraid if I ticked PS it would block all the Xbox lads!

Don't worry you set up the group for both, unsure if there is another option though.

I've posted a message about selecting your platform on the group wall

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just sow this on youtube. Next gen really looks better. Well worth an ugrade if you are interested in Destiny. I am a bit interested myself too. Even if I dont give a flying **** about halo.

Just sow this on youtube. Next gen really looks better. Well worth an ugrade if you are interested in Destiny. I am a bit interested myself too. Even if I dont give a flying **** about halo.

I think it basically is Halo-lands.

Which is no bad thing!

The PS3 version is also impressive though, I wouldn't feel so put off if old gen was the only way I could experience the game....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think it basically is Halo-lands.

Which is no bad thing!

The PS3 version is also impressive though, I wouldn't feel so put off if old gen was the only way I could experience the game....

I dont know, I am not that much in "jizz in my pants" when comes to Bungy. It looks really decent on PS4 and I can see myself giving it a go as it looks like Warframe, but way more slower pased and open/ish world.
    What I am saying, that I would not bother with Destiny if it would have been only old gen as I HATE BLUR IN VIDEO GAMES! I actually almost never use AA on PC games, even if its not an performance issue. I just hate the damn thing.

I really like the fact I can use the character I had on the PS4 on my PS3. I was expecting to have to make another character

wexdevil wrote: »
    I really like the fact I can use the character I had on the PS4 on my PS3. I was expecting to have to make another character

All the characters are bound to your Bungie account, wouldn't suprise me if you can use the same character on the Xbox versions. Will check that next week when I dl the beta for the Xbone.

All the characters are bound to your Bungie account, wouldn't suprise me if you can use the same character on the Xbox versions. Will check that next week when I dl the beta for the Xbone.
    I'll be taking her for a spin on the xbox one aswell :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

You can join more than 1 group but u can only have 1 clan active.

Ill be with ye in spirit on the ps4 .

(In another clan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

. It looks really decent on PS4 and I can see myself giving it a go as it looks like Warframe, but way more slower pased and open/ish world.

Just gave it a quick go on PS4. Average enough looking game and nothing has stood out so far. Just looks like a prettier, higher resolution PS3 version, not a generational leap.

I have heard a lot of people comparing it to Borderlands, that wasn't a game for me either so maybe just not my type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just got to level 8 there and completed the Earth story missions and some PVP.

PVP is ridiculously fun. I have the option to go to the moon, but when I try it says the story mission is still unlocked so I assume they'll open up more stuff during the week.

It's like a Halo/Borderlands MMO, and I love it.

Just got to level 8 there and completed the Earth story missions and some PVP.

PVP is ridiculously fun. I have the option to go to the moon, but when I try it says the story mission is still unlocked so I assume they'll open up more stuff during the week.

It's like a Halo/Borderlands MMO, and I love it.

I capped my Titan earlier so I'm gonna restart from Scratch with Hunter tomorrow, I did Warlock in Alpha so I'm trying to use all before I decide what way to go in the full game... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

pumped in a good few hours into this today. Very good game. Reached my ceiling at lvl 8 a bit too quickly. Will try a different class tomorrow I'd say

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07182014/en/News/News?aid=11938

Latest updates from Bungie with some info about new maps in the crucible etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are there any of those big public events in the beta simialar to the one they showed at E3 last year(i think) where lots of players get involved

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are there any of those big public events in the beta simialar to the one they showed at E3 last year(i think) where lots of players get involved

Public Events happen randomly at certain points of the map.

Pity I won't be near my PS4 tonight for the Iron Banner event in the tower at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So just pre-ordered this on PS4 to give the Beta a try. Does the cancel pre-order still work or have they stopped people doing that?

Not sure I want to cough out $130 if the game is average.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    So just pre-ordered this on PS4 to give the Beta a try. Does the cancel pre-order still work or have they stopped people doing that?

Not sure I want to cough out $130 if the game is average.

I used cancel pre order and I have no credit card on there should Sony try and charge me....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement