Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Guys one question. I played and completed the nighfall strike yesterday for the first time, now I am playing it again on my own and I am getting damage of 16k?

Everything seems 1 shot 1 kill with the ice breaker. am I missing something?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Guys one question. I played and completed the nighfall strike yesterday for the first time, now I am playing it again on my own and I am getting damage of 16k?

Everything seems 1 shot 1 kill with the ice breaker. am I missing something?

Enemies are more powerful/harder to kill when there's 3 players.

Alright, well its kind of boring then

The Minotaurs 2 shots and they are dead, the hydras the same. The yellow goblins (the snipers) 1 shot 1 kill...

I am thinking I am wont be getting any rewards if I finish this...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Alright, well its kind of boring then

The Minotaurs 2 shots and they are dead, the hydras the same. The yellow goblins (the snipers) 1 shot 1 kill...

I am thinking I am wont be getting any rewards if I finish this...

If its the nightfall you should be rewarded regardless unless you've already completed it that is.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If its the nightfall you should be rewarded regardless unless you've already completed it that is.

Yeah I completed it yesterday so I got nothing... well at least it wasn't like it was hard

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rocket launchers in PVP are infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I should be on later if you guys are stuck on the VoG. Good luck in there.

Crikey, my luck is in tonight. Got awarded a legendary hand canon called Timur's Lash from an IB match earlier (I've seen a few people get that though tbh) and now I'm after getting an exotic scout rifle called Mida Multi-Tool :eek: I should probably play the lotto this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bah, just got a legendary helmet from an Engram. Hunter class though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I haven't seem anyone getting more than rare items in IB to date.

• Advertisement

I haven't seem anyone getting more than rare items in IB to date.

The match after the one I got the exotic in someone got awarded ice breaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The match after the one I got the exotic in someone got awarded ice breaker.

Ah here I might as well have a quick match to see what drops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've been stuck on Level 26 for so long now. I have 132 Relic Iron and enough Hadronic Essence to upgrade all my Legendary armour but only 2 Ascendant Shards. These seem really difficult to come by.

Do you only get one per day from the Public Events?

Any tips for earning Ascendant Shards?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I've been stuck on Level 26 for so long now. I have 132 Relic Iron and enough Hadronic Essence to upgrade all my Legendary armour but only 2 Ascendant Shards. These seem really difficult to come by.

Raid. A full run on normal should land you anywhere between 3 and 21 shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

if you do a lot of strikes and dont need any new gear you can just buy some gear and salvage it from the vanguard vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Raid. A full run on normal should land you anywhere between 3 and 21 shards.

I didn't think Level 26 was high enough to be effective in the Raid.

Do the daily story on a higher difficulty and you'll be rewarded materials. One for level 24 two for level 28.

Level up vanguard, crucible or one of the factions to rank 2 so you can buy armour and break it down.

An even more tedious thing you can do is start a new character and on the 2nd story mission find a public event instead, you can keep making new characters and doing that over and over. I don't think it's worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Level 26 isn't too bad against the Templar if you are part of a mainly level 27+ team, Atheon would be a problem though. You will get 3 chests and 2 checkpoints before becoming ineffective, with the most common drop being 3 shards/energy for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have three characters @ lvl26+. Spent yesterday farming the daily, weekly and nightfall strikes. Now all I can hear is the Arkon Priest (HUR HUR HUR) and the Icebreaker.

Crikey, my luck is in tonight. Got awarded a legendary hand canon called Timur's Lash from an IB match earlier (I've seen a few people get that though tbh) and now I'm after getting an exotic scout rifle called Mida Multi-Tool :eek: I should probably play the lotto this week.

You get the exotic rifle through PvP as a reward also?

• Advertisement

Heya

Mick has nailed it as usual. I agree with you, shards are harder to get than ascendant energy

Daily story is the best and easiest way to get it. However, there is a problem, as I said before, I tend to get more ascendant energy than shards. At the moment I have 30 ascendant energy and only a few shards.

Yesterday though when I did the daily story thingie I got 6 shards in total which I though it was unusual as normally I would get 2 at best.

This is the reason why I created two other guardians and leveled up quickly to above level 25 so I can run the dailys and the weeklys and get strange coins and ascendant materials

Level 26 will be ok for the level 28 story and weeklys but if you are patient and hold back with your ice breaker you can do it "easily" enough. If you can't do it on the highest try level 26, you will get 1 ascendant energy/shard. Not much I know.

Other stories might not be as easy to do if you play solo, but, yesterdays story in Mars for example, was easy to do if you were a little patient and sat back with your ice breaker. I did it with all my classes without dying, you just have to be patient. The other problem with dailies is that once you run it on a lower level you lose the rewards that are given on higher levels. This means that you need to run the story on the highest level first, otherwise if you run it on a lower level and then try doing it on a higher one you wont get anything (at least this is what happens to me).

logik wrote: »
    You get the exotic rifle through PvP as a reward also?

Yeah both weapons were from PvP rewards.

Regards how common materials seem to be, I'm the opposite to you bohrio, my main character nearly always gets shards, it could be a bug that one character can favour one over the other. I ran loads of dailies with calex before and every single time he got energy while I got shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've 1700 kills in Crucible and have never gotten as much as a legendary engram as a reward. Had a funny game yesterday where I had 27 kills and nobody on my team got a reward except the last placed player who had 3 kills and an awful ratio, they really need to change the system.

Yeah both weapons were from PvP rewards.

Regards how common materials seem to be, I'm the opposite to you bohrio, my main character nearly always gets shards, it could be a bug that one character can favour one over the other. I ran loads of dailies with calex before and every single time he got energy while I got shards.

That's interesting.

I must check if this is also happens that often with my other classes. I normally play with my titan class and not so much with the others. I am doing the lvl 28 daily now, will report back when I finish it with all my classes

Kinda off topic but anyone on the XO having issues with various achievements not popping despite reaching all of the requirements for the achievement, there is something you can do to fix it.

While in Orbit:

1) Go to character screen
    2) RB twice to the screen where you have the option to Logout
    3) Click Logout (SWITCH PROFILE)
    4) This will send you back to the select profile screen
    5) Click your profile again and log back in to the game
    6) All of your achievements will pop straight away

I have been having issues with them not popping on XO. Seems to be an Xbox issue and there are quite a few people having the issue.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea sometimes I get achievements pop whenever I start the game up, obviously I've unlocked them the last time I was playing.

AdamD wrote: »
    I've 1700 kills in Crucible and have never gotten as much as a legendary engram as a reward. Had a funny game yesterday where I had 27 kills and nobody on my team got a reward except the last placed player who had 3 kills and an awful ratio, they really need to change the system.

I've had 2 legendary engrams, one legendary weapon and an exotic (the last two were from last night) from crucible, I have over 5000 kills now but tbh, with the amounts of disconnects I get it's an achievement in itself to finish a match so I've been pretty lucky.

There seems to be a fairly high drop rate for the legendary hand cannon in the iron banner though, before I got it I had seen it drop for three or four other players over the last week so might be worth grinding the crap out of iron banner before it's gone tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was on Venus the other day doing a normal mundane patrol and stumbled across a guy who was doing the first part of the raid on his own. Didn't realise you could play it solo, not that it matters much.
    Had a lowish character with lousy equipment so wasn't much use when I tried to help the guy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

That Timur's Lash from IB doesn't even give energy when dismantled, piece of crap.

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    That Timur's Lash from IB doesn't even give energy when dismantled, piece of crap.

I presume that means the stuff saladin sells won't either? ffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement