Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2185

There's maintenance going on for the PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

wexdevil wrote: »

PITA....arrive home from work,turn on PS4...and it is of no use to me because I had not signed on earlier....what a bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Dear god I better be able to get on to finish getting IB rank 3 tonight, only need like 200 more rep. I understand there is like zero point...but I've made it this far and don't want to turn back :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    Dear god I better be able to get on to finish getting IB rank 3 tonight, only need like 200 more rep. I understand there is like zero point...but I've made it this far and don't want to turn back :(

I got it earlier, the gear is worthless, no shards or energy when broken down just like Timur's Lash. :(

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got it earlier, the gear is worthless, no shards or energy when broken down just like Timur's Lash. :(

Mick that is heartbreaking news, can you at least tell me if the shader at rank 3 looks somewhat cool? :(

• Advertisement

Is it down until 1am then? Is that only playstation's rough estimate or are they always bang on time with these maintenances?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got my second exotic bounty option yesterday and it's the exact same 3 as last time. I have no interest in grinding for bad JuJu or Thorn, so that's going to be scrapped. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Yes completely, 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nocal wrote: »
    PITA....arrive home from work,turn on PS4...and it is of no use to me because I had not signed on earlier....what a bunch!

Even if you did sign into psn earlier, like myself, Destiny is still unavailable. You get kicked back to the start screen after selecting your guardian.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mick that is heartbreaking news, can you at least tell me if the shader at rank 3 looks somewhat cool? :(

The shader is pretty nice but it's slim reward for all the grinding it took to get to rank 3, at least all my characters have a solar legendary machine gun each now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ah balls. Was looking forward to playing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can see people from my friends list in the UK and EU playing but having the same issue as the rest of you and getting told I can't connect to the servers after selecting my character.
    Also getting an error message when trying to restore licences which pops up some scary results when googled.
    I'd say it's just the psn maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Is it down until 1am then? Is that only playstation's rough estimate or are they always bang on time with these maintenances?

They would not always be bang on, and one would hope that the 1 am estimate is in case the maintenance does not go the best and they need to roll something back....you might get on by 11 if you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I'm having trouble signing into Xbox Live and can't view my friends list or send live messages either.
    I'll keep trying here but otherwise it's looking like we won't get to finish the raid.
    If I do manage to sign in I still won't be able to stay long so might be best if we jump into the Raid and I'll pass the Fireteam leader to someone else and I'll back up and someone else can have my stop and steal the glory of beating the last boss.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I'm having trouble signing into Xbox Live and can't view my friends list or send live messages either.
    I'll keep trying here but otherwise it's looking like we won't get to finish the raid.
    If I do manage to sign in I still won't be able to stay long so might be best if we jump into the Raid and I'll pass the Fireteam leader to someone else and I'll back up and someone else can have my stop and steal the glory of beating the last boss.

There's a problem with Live at the moment. I can play the game fine bar the usual disconnects but can't see my friends at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've had no issue playing Destiny on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

At least I'm not the only one getting booted after selecting my guardian. Feckin annoying. Her self is a choir till 11 and I working 12hr shifts for the week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

tok9 wrote: »
    I've had no issue playing Destiny on PS4.

Shouldn't affect you if you were playing Destiny when psn was shut off. If you log on after that, even if you logged into psn earlier you won't be able to play online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You can run past 80% of most of the strikes, it's usually only the point with the 3 waves and the boss that require you to actually fight. I typically sprint past the majority of the enemies tbh.

Got my second exotic bounty option yesterday and it's the exact same 3 as last time. I have no interest in grinding for bad JuJu or Thorn, so that's going to be scrapped. Has anyone else had the same issue?

I think the most consistent way to guarantee a high volume of shards, outside of the raid, is to level up a faction, buy their armor and scrap it.

Personally I dont like it when people do that, although, I have got 2 legendary engrams today after killing everyone my team mates didnt want to kill...

So guess I shouldn't complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not looking good for the raid with the xbox live problems, we'll have our progress reset if we don't finish tonight :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Not looking good for the raid with the xbox live problems, we'll have our progress reset if we don't finish tonight :(

oh oh

Whats wrong? I am logged in and playing fine so far?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bohrio wrote: »
    oh oh

Try inviting someone to a party or even viewing the friends list,

Edit: Actually wait we maybe albe to form the fire team from with in the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    oh oh

We can't see each other on our friends list so we can't join or invite each other.

Looks like your right Calex and we will have to try again another time :(

calex71 wrote: »
    Try inviting someone to a party or even viewing the friends list,

Edit: Actually wait we maybe albe to form the fire team from with in the game itself?

I can't see anyone in game either. That's ridiculous if ye have to start all over again now, stupid mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Shouldn't affect you if you were playing Destiny when psn was shut off. If you log on after that, even if you logged into psn earlier you won't be able to play online games.

That's odd as I only started playing for a bit at 7.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We can't see each other on our friends list so we can't join or invite each other.

Looks like your right Calex and we will have to try again another time :(

Weird, I can see everyone

Have faith, it might be fixed before 8.30!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Damn, I can log into PSN but not Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Not looking good for the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

thebag89 wrote: »
    Not looking good for the raid.

I did a 10 second hard reset and my friends list is back up. Might be worth a go

*edit gone again, why god? Why?

I think is not affecting everyone

I am ok I think unless I am missing something... which is possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

ya your friends list
    how long has it being down now for?
    went last night for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement