Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    Looking to do the Nightfall tonight on XO, if XBL is working...

Let me know if anyone else is interested in this. Level 27 Titan.

I'll run that with you. Be on around 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cheesy here means its easy to get kills with little skill needed. BD is good for clearing waves in PvE, and if you put some forethought into what you're doing in PvP, you'l get kills everytime with BD.

Oh, and invisibility can be a game saver when in comes to reviving team mates. In conclusion, bladedancer, very useful.

That's a new one. I was specifically talking about the super, which I still deem to be the most ineffective in the game. Very few Hunters I know use it over the Golden Gun at this stage. The only reason for using Bladedancer in PvE is the invisibility as you mentioned but most people merely switch class when they need to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Gandalph wrote: »
    Dear god I better be able to get on to finish getting IB rank 3 tonight, only need like 200 more rep. I understand there is like zero point...but I've made it this far and don't want to turn back :(

How long did that take?! I don't have a lot of time to play, but I put in a good 5 hours and I'm only half way to 2. I have the shader and banner on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

Count me in also If ya got room. Warlock 27

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Count me in also If ya got room. Warlock 27

Yeah sound, saw someone get two exotic rewards for this. Auto rifle and a scout rifle I think it was. Not on the same run but I really need to give it a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They patched out the cheese method for the Templar in the raid
    Raid - Vault of Glass
    Templar Encounter
    Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
    Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Devil's Lair this week for Nightfall and weekly. Lightswitch as one of the modifiers, those cloaked Vandals are going to be a pain :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Devil's Lair this week for Nightfall and weekly. Lightswitch as one of the modifiers, those cloaked Vandals are going to be a pain :P

What's the damage modifier?

calex71 wrote: »
    They patched out the cheese method for the Templar in the raid

That's where we killed him from I take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well I for one am glad it's Tuesday and we all get a fresh Raid, Weekly, Nightfall :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Add me if there's room or maybe we can add another 3 if it's full already

That's actually my favourite strike.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

AdamD wrote: »
    That's a new one. I was specifically talking about the super, which I still deem to be the most ineffective in the game. Very few Hunters I know use it over the Golden Gun at this stage. The only reason for using Bladedancer in PvE is the invisibility as you mentioned but most people merely switch class when they need to use it.

I see far more bladedancer hunters than gunslingers.

I'm gunslinger but only because I can't be bothered leveling the bladedancer skill tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

awec wrote: »

I'm gunslinger but only because I can't be bothered leveling the bladedancer skill tree.

I have both sub classes maxed, and I choose gunslinger as I have an exotic helmet which grants me four golden gun shots. Also, because I feel like kills with bladedancer in PvP is, well, kind of cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Weapon Tweaks Incoming

Scout Rifles buffed
    Auto Rifles nerfed
    Shotgun range cut

Good job. Have a maxed legendary scout rifle that was pretty piss for PVP, hopefully this'll make it a bit better as it has perma-radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's where we killed him from I take it ?

Yeah thats the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Auto-rifles nerfed? Didn't notice they needed to be? Apart from the exotic ones.

.ak wrote: »
    Auto-rifles nerfed? Didn't notice they needed to be? Apart from the exotic ones.

My sentiments exactly, the nerfing they got is totally OTT.
    25% bonus headshot damage is not a good idea.
    Why did they nerf all damage and not just ineffective range damage.

It sounds to me like someone in the back end looked at some data and went:
    "Players are using Auto Rifles for 60%+ of the PvE game and 80%+ of the PvP game on average"

And then someone else went:
    "well make it less useful to encourage people to use other weapons"

Bam - Job Done.

The nerf on the Mythoclast is not as drastic as it needs to be. Also why were none of the specifically $h!t exotics not buffed like Thorn and Bad Juju

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

And where is the buff to Bad Juju... I am slaving away here on the quest line to get this weapon which is piss poor in its current form. The only reason I went for it was because bungie said they would be buffing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

And where is the buff to Bad Juju... I am slaving away here on the quest line to get this weapon which is piss poor in its current form. The only reason I went for it was because bungie said they would be buffing it.

They said the buff is still comin . It probably needs a proper patch rather than a hotfix as how the poison perk works will need to be altered.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice to have the daily story looped back around to earth again, the longer missions really are a chore to do.

Managed to knock out this weeks Nightfall before work this morning. Pretty easy one, especially if you have a Void rocket launcher.

When you are at the mesh barrier, head over to the right as you look at the area. Right by where the green cave entrance is (where the Hive come from) there are two rail cars. Stay over there for the fight and pick off the various enemies. They won't rush you over there or jump up on to the cars. Keep an eye out for the cloaked vandals in the second and third waves, they will come over to that area. The Hive will also spawn in the third wave, with some thralls.

Beyond that point everything is cake. Go to the right building for the Walker as usual and I stayed under the platform for Sepkis, at the bottom of the arena without any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hate when developers nerf weapons. Played plenty of FPS and while I'm no great player I've never thought a particular gun was so powerful it destroyed a game.
    Can think of plenty of guns that were better than most in various games but nothing that broke the particular game in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I agree,

It's like they put huge effort into that strike and then with the others they said 'ah, sure we'll just add a bit of this and that in the others'

It flows well as a strike and the music is awesome.

Bladesinger has some very handy perks, not least of which is the invisibility option. Absolute lifesaver in Strikes at times. The Super is money in PvP, quite easy to decimate a room full of opponents, especially if you have Hungry Blade equipped to regen health as you go. The Blink Jump can be pretty lethal too if you are skilled with it, very disorienting 1v1.

Golden Gun does tend to be more useful for bosses and such and the Perks that stack precision kills for stability can be quite tasty with an AR and more so with a MG I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I still live in hope for a day when the Blade dancer and teleporting are nerfed. They are crazy over powered.

Captured this one the other day to show the craziness lol

Ah come on you didn't even bother moving when you hear the BD activating his super, and continued to hold your ground when he came rushing in on your and the other fellow, and still continued to stand in the same spot and spray and pray when he finally ended up charging you. That death could of been so easily avoided. I understand it can be frustrating if they get the jump on you but in this scenario the BD has basically shouted out "HERE I COME GUYS, GET READY".

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Devil's Lair?

It's also the easiest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Devil's Lair?

It's also the easiest. :)

I'm just so glad the nightfall isn't the strike on Mars with the 3 psion flayers at the end (as I thought it would be), that would be a colossal pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'm just so glad the nightfall isn't the strike on Mars with the 3 psion flayers at the end (as I thought it would be), that would be a colossal pain!

Don't think it could be as that is PlayStation exclusive.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Don't think it could be as that is PlayStation exclusive.

Good to know, good to know.

I keep on wondering which actual parts of the game are PS exclusive, like that Earth Map with the Trains definitely is one of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement