Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've spent ages building up my faction rank and as I have lots of Marks to spend. But I only just realised that the Faction uses Crucible Marks and not Vanguard Marks.

Now I need to grind out another 80 Crucible Marks. If I'd realised earlier id have been building up both simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Shotguns still OHK and Assault rifles are still the best choice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'm just so glad the nightfall isn't the strike on Mars with the 3 psion flayers at the end (as I thought it would be), that would be a colossal pain!

The Mars strike has that Tuarac or whatever he's called at the end no?

The Moon one is the hardest IMO (the one with the big ogre thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ah come on you didn't even bother moving when you hear the BD activating his super, and continued to hold your ground when he came rushing in on your and the other fellow, and still continued to stand in the same spot and spray and pray when he finally ended up charging you. That death could of been so easily avoided. I understand it can be frustrating if they get the jump on you but in this scenario the BD has basically shouted out "HERE I COME GUYS, GET READY".

No problem with getting killed by it in this instance. I am using the video to highlight how the blade dancer class abilities are crazy overpowered compared to others.

I have clocked a serious amount of time in the PvP as a Titan and it's annoying to see players using such an over powered class.

Take the Titan and Warlock, you can see their specials coming from a mile away, we can't teleport 20ft and then deliver our specials.

I wouldn't be surprised if the multiplayer stats show a huge amount of blade dancers. It's an epidemic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No problem with getting killed by it in this instance. I am using the video to highlight how the blade dancer class abilities are crazy overpowered compared to others.

I have clocked a serious amount of time in the PvP as a Titan and it's annoying to see players using such an over powered class.

Take the Titan and Warlock, you can see their specials coming from a mile away, we can't teleport 20ft and then deliver our specials.

I wouldn't be surprised if the multiplayer stats show a huge amount of blade dancers. It's an epidemic lol

Hunters have a delay when they use their super, titan and warlock can just panic kill people.

• Advertisement

The titan super is also deadly though, you can be shooting a titan and a second later you and the three teammates around you are all dead.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think it's that overpowered at all, Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc are worse. If I see a bladedancer coming I usually kill them, FoH/NB I've seen survive multiple rockets and grenades while getting their supers off, plus the blast radius is huge. Personally I'd love a playlist with no supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

Is ths friends list still down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

if you haven't played the hunter class you might not realise that when you activate GG or BD there is an animation in that time the other 2 classes can have used theirs and likely killed 3 or potentially more with one use and little or no aiming.

Yea I think between activating the super and being able to use it is about a 2 second delay?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

naughto wrote: »
    Is ths friends list still down?

No came back up around 1am last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

God that nightfall was a challeng . I didn't expect it to be that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

emmetkenny wrote: »

Was that conovor or goose? God that went on for ages, felt as long as a raid!

Benzino wrote: »
    Was that conovor or goose? God that went on for ages, felt as long as a raid!

???

???

Nevermind, did this tonight with 2 clan members, thought you were one of me.

Nevermind, did this tonight with 2 clan members, thought you were one of me.

No I'm on Xbox I thought you were on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Thought last weeks was harder. Finished it on the first attempt and only went down once, due to adding captains to the mobs with Sepkis Prime like there were in the Alpha.

Thought last weeks was harder. Finished it on the first attempt and only went down once, due to adding captains to the mobs with Sepkis Prime like there were in the Alpha.

The captains spawn if you stand in the door into Sepkis Prime after he starts to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yea, down below is definitely the best spot for Sepkis, lots of cover and minor mob spawn. I really hope they don't have the Psion mission on Mars as a Nightfall. Those guys are a ****ing pain in the ass.

Should be Phogoth again next week I think, if they hold to the same rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got all the Raid gear and all the shards I need now, just need another 16 iron and I'm lvl 30.

I did the weekly strike there on level 26 and didn't get any coins at the end. i was supposed to get 3, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

awec wrote: »
    I did the weekly strike there on level 26 and didn't get any coins at the end. i was supposed to get 3, no?

I find that you get so many rewards at the end of weekly strikes that sometimes the coins don't show up on the reward screen as usual, but you do get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I find that you get so many rewards at the end of weekly strikes that sometimes the coins don't show up on the reward screen as usual, but you do get them.

Yes, this. Only saw them rewarded when I went back to orbit. You get 6 coins per week, per character for the first time you do the weekly 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

awec wrote: »
    The Mars strike has that Tuarac or whatever he's called at the end no?

The Moon one is the hardest IMO (the one with the big ogre thing).

The Mars end is pretty easy. You can slip behind the stairs on the left, both front and back (presumably also the right) loads of cover.

Summoning Pits is ok provided I have my Titan Defender. Down stairs on left under the ledge with the wizard/knights and just keep an eye on the stairs where the ship off loads, wizard spawns and the thieves that come out of the cave behind you. Solar fusion rifle in reserve. Lvl 26-28 can get hairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Loving the gun play, very addictive game play.. I'm level 21, but after you hit level 20 I find the game becomes to much of a grind..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Was very tough, the room where you have to hold off 3 waves was the hardest I think, took ages... The captains shields are a joke not to mention the shanks.

Got 7 strange coins for completing it.

logik wrote: »
    Was very tough, the room where you have to hold off 3 waves was the hardest I think, took ages... The captains shields are a joke not to mention the shanks.

Got 7 strange coins for completing it.

I got 6 but P0rpy got an exotic sniper !! DAM HIM :)

Can you only get loot from the raid once a week?

• Advertisement

Can you only get loot from the raid once a week?

Once a week per character. So 3 character 3 lots of loot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement