Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,756 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Am I the only one who struggles to win Skirmish games?

I keep getting put into games against people who are in a fireteam and obviously talking to one another. In Skirmish you need to stick together but that never happens with random players. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Myself and Nxtgen Soco are going to run Daily Heroic, Weekly Heroic Strike and maybe some other stuff.

One spot left, drop me a message if you are up for it. Going to run them in the next 20 minutes.

Have a post up on Clan forum to about maybe starting a raid? All I have seen is the last boss fight, 3 or 4 times. I seem to get asked to help on him all the time.

XO

In crucible, for some reason the logo of Clash is the logo of my faction (future war cult), and the text says something like fwc are looking for...

Anyone know what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

awec wrote: »
    In crucible, for some reason the logo of Clash is the logo of my faction (future war cult), and the text says something like fwc are looking for...

Anyone know what this means?

It's always like that, I think New Monarchy and Skirmish or Rumble or another mode have the same thing going on

What's the deal then, FWC faction members get extra points in Clash or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What's the deal then, FWC faction members get extra points in Clash or what?

Nah, it's just a poor attempt at providing some sort of context, it's no relevance to any stats

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

maximoose wrote: »
    Engrams off Xur each week, or vanity items from the Speaker.

Think that's it?
    Cheers! Have a heap of them but didn't wanna waste them on crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone wanting to do ps4 raid tonight, need a couple. Add Doyier on psn

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's supposedly a secret playlist on mercury that you only get access to if a ticket drops for you after a crucible match. Might be a reference to that.

Never heard of anyone getting one yet though, only found out about it when looking at the grimoire's one night. Could be that it will be a timed event like queens bounties and iron banner at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's supposedly a secret playlist on mercury that you only get access to if a ticket drops for you after a crucible match. Might be a reference to that.

Never heard of anyone getting one yet though, only found out about it when looking at the grimoire's one night. Could be that it will be a timed event like queens bounties and iron banner at some point.

I think you have to win 25 matches of a play type before tournament tickets can drop as a random crucible reward.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,243 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think you have to win 25 matches of a play type before tournament tickets can drop as a random crucible reward.

Yeah I passed that milestone in Control a long time ago and I've not seen one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Almost level 25 now and wondering if it's worth the grind to continue. I've seen everything the game has to offer aside from the raid and because of Bungie's weird dislike for matchmaking, I may never see it. The fact that they won't even match-make for the weekly heroics is baffling.

The core gameplay of Destiny is brilliant, it's as good as any other shooter out there, but there's just not enough content to keep it interesting for me now.

I really hope they come up with a new way of harvesting materials. The process now for getting spinmetal / iron etc is so unbelievably dull. Just drive round in circles waiting for it to reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The raid really wouldn't work with matchmaking imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

AdamD wrote: »
    The raid really wouldn't work with matchmaking imo.

There's ways and means. People said the same kind of things when Blizzard introduced match-making for 25-man WoW raids but that worked out fine with a game and gameplay that's infinitely more complex.

The thing that surprises me is just how few lessons Bungie have learned from the MMOs that they're trying to emulate. Have two difficulties on the raid - an easier one for match making and offer slightly better gear and drops in the non-matchmaking mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone else having an issue with downloading the latest update?

its taking forever!

Edit finally loaded. I'm playing control in crucible. Love it!!

I'm level 19 and sooooo close to 20. Weird that I'm enjoying levelling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone for doing the Raid on Hard this week.

LvL 30 Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

There's ways and means. People said the same kind of things when Blizzard introduced match-making for 25-man WoW raids but that worked out fine with a game and gameplay that's infinitely more complex.

The thing that surprises me is just how few lessons Bungie have learned from the MMOs that they're trying to emulate. Have two difficulties on the raid - an easier one for match making and offer slightly better gear and drops in the non-matchmaking mode.

The worst thing Blizzard ever did was introduce matchmaking for 25m raids. In fact, Blizzard giving in to its community of absolute whingers is what has lead to WoW's downward spiral. WoW normal end game is in no way complex, if 5 of us could join a matchmaking raid with level one characters we would still down the bosses but just putting someone on follow. You are implying that they copy a game that is completely turning to dirt, WoW lost it's proper fan-base when it abolished the need for organisation and strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone for doing the Raid on Hard this week.

LvL 30 Hunter.

I'd be interested in that, PS4 LvL 29 Titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Dammit anyways, just did the raid and literally got nothing but shards/energies, I was hoping for a piece of raid gear so I can finally get off lvl 28. I guess maybe next week though I could be luckier :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I really hope they come up with a new way of harvesting materials. The process now for getting spinmetal / iron etc is so unbelievably dull. Just drive round in circles waiting for it to reappear.

I find the best way to farm materials is when you're waiting around in an area for your daily public event to happen. You can easily pick up ten or so in the few minutes you're hanging around. That way it dosent feel like a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,338 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Interesting Templar strategy here (swiped from Reddit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxe1Ewj9z8&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

logik wrote: »
    If you are stuck on strikes, I am in the middle of an exotic bounty and I need to run 24 strikes. I will run you through some strikes if you need some help.

Thanks Logik! What's your GT?

Cormac... wrote: »
    And stay there! :mad:

just kidding

Haha! Yes sir!

Just added all the other Xbox clan members to my friends list. I played through a few strikes last night and was teamed up with some good lads. It's such a different experience when people play as a team.

That said maybe the strikes I ran last night were just a little easier than the Summoning Pits which seems to be in a league of its own in terms of difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Haha! Yes sir!

Just added all the other Xbox clan members to my friends list. I played through a few strikes last night and was teamed up with some good lads. It's such a different experience when people play as a team.

That said maybe the strikes I ran last night were just a little easier than the Summoning Pits which seems to be in a league of its own in terms of difficulty.

The Summoning Pits is ok. My least favourite is the Mars one though.

Did you add you GT over on the Xbox section of the boards clan page on the Bungie site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Am I the only one who struggles to win Skirmish games?

I keep getting put into games against people who are in a fireteam and obviously talking to one another. In Skirmish you need to stick together but that never happens with random players. :(

Skirmish is my favourite. And I've never been in a fireteam. I just do this; wait til the first person starts moving, and then follow him. Generally speaking the third guy should follow the two of you. Once all 3 of you stick together you've won the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So the bungie bounty this week is with the bnet ninjas
    http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Bounty---Ninja-Edition/en/News/News?aid=12292 I'm sitting this one out as my character on the ps4 has terrible weapons so I probably would of made a balls of it and possibly made them lose. Hopefully if there's a next time then by then I'll have a better geared character, or they do it on xbox one.

signofopposingwill_1.jpg
    That's the emblem you get if you beat them. It starts tonight at 11pm if anyone fancies their chances of being matched up.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Summoning Pits is ok. My least favourite is the Mars one though.

Did you add you GT over on the Xbox section of the boards clan page on the Bungie site ?

Yeah, my GT is Cahnabaal, I added most of the players there to my friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah, my GT is Cahnabaal, I added most of the players there to my friends list.

Think your on mine too. I'll pick you up later and run the daily mission with you and a few strikes.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Think your on mine too. I'll pick you up later and run the daily mission with you and a few strikes.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement